Alan Pardew

JH

Either these players (taking specifically Ba and Marveaux) aren't fit yet or Pardew simply doesn't rate them more highly than the players who are still starting games, like Ameobi, Lovenkrands and to a certain degree Obertan. Pretty fucking concerning either way tbh. Likewise Gosling not even making the squad.

Did Pardew really want these players or were they just signed because they were cheap?

Shit. Completely forgot we even have Gosling tbh. That's quite worrying.

OTT to say Ba and Marveaux looked great. Both struggled to make an impact once they'd come on.

Agreed, they did give us movement though that we didn't have before they came on.  Marveaux looks like he could be a really tidy player and shows well when he hasn't got the ball.  I think he'll do really well if given the games.

OTT to say Ba and Marveaux looked great. Both struggled to make an impact once they'd come on.

Agreed, they did give us movement though that we didn't have before they came on.  Marveaux looks like he could be a really tidy player and shows well when he hasn't got the ball.  I think he'll do really well if given the games.

My mate was talking to Jak Alnwick the other day and apparently Marveaux is a class above everybody else in training.

I think both Ba and Marveaux will start at Villa. Obertan has looked better when he has come on against a tiring side. When started, he's looked mediocre.

Which game were you watching? Even without any tactics they managed to help us move the ball around better from front to back just by dint of being better quality footballers. I've seen enough of Pardew this season. He doesn't have a clue how to use these players at his disposal and if he can't pick a side to do the basics right then move him aside and let Carver pick the team.

My mate was talking to Jak Alnwick the other day and apparently Marveaux is a class above everybody else in training.

He looks to be fast, direct and has good ball control.  I can't wait to see him and Ben Arfa playing together because our movement could be class.

I'm counting the days until Pardew is sacked in all honesty. Looks like first impressions are sometimes the best ones, and his starting line ups this season have just made me remember this was the clueless t*** who dropped Mascherano and Tevez from his sides at West Ham under media and fan pressure. I really don't think he has a clue about setting up a team to play football and it's starting to show with every change to the squad which isn't geared towards the long ball game. The points we have got this season have been despite this bell end and not due to his tactical know how.

good post, totally agree.

Pardew showed that he can do ok when he took over from chris, the team played some decent stuff, only for us to realise it was more to do with the team he inherited rather his own input.

I saw some harrowing comments on the southampton boards a while ago, with fans saying he was just a long ball merchant,  I thought they were just bitter fans , but it really rings true now.

Which game were you watching? Even without any tactics they managed to help us move the ball around better from front to back just by dint of being better quality footballers. I've seen enough of Pardew this season. He doesn't have a clue how to use these players at his disposal and if he can't pick a side to do the basics right then move him aside and let Carver pick the team.

Clearly watching it on Teletext with me. :rolleyes:

Pardew showed that he can do ok when he took over from chris, the team played some decent stuff, only for us to realise it was more to do with the team he inherited rather his own input.

I saw some harrowing comments on the southampton boards a while ago, with fans saying he was just a long ball merchant,  I thought they were just bitter fans , but it really rings true now.

Southampton haven't looked back since they sacked him.

Clearly watching it on Teletext with me. :rolleyes:

If he wasn't playing long ball football today what was he doing? If he was planning on doing that, why not play Gosling instead of Cabaye, then it might have even made more sense? At least Gosling would have been involved as he's not a genuine midfielder.

pardew speaks...

"We didn't play well tonight," he told nufcTV. "We lost the central midfield area, which is unusual for us, but we just had two in there and they had three.

jesus christ???  why didnt you do anything about it then you stupid f***ing moron!

------------------

"Defensively though we were good. Our full-backs and central pair were brilliant tonight. They had to do a lot of work tonight - too much work - but they still did it very well

I don't buy into the long ball stuff just yet, the majority of the newly signed players are more speed merchant orientated which lends them more to ball on the floor stuff, if we were going to play long ball I would have expected different players to be signed, playing away today reeked of Derby a few seasons ago, maybe go for a point against top 6 sides, but not everyone else. That said, I don't think any game plan would have been properly executed today, was very poor, Pardew's tactics were an added hindrance.

We're not exactly doing bad with him ourselves.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Fulham, Sunderland, QPR, Birmingham, Blackpool, WBA....one defeat.

pardew speaks...

"We didn't play well tonight," he told nufcTV. "We lost the central midfield area, which is unusual for us, but we just had two in there and they had three.

jesus christ???  why didnt you do anything about it then you stupid f***ing moron!

------------------

"Defensively though we were good. Our full-backs and central pair were brilliant tonight. They had to do a lot of work tonight - too much work - but they still did it very well

out fullbacks were good?  raylor got torn a new one every 2 minutes!

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Fulham, Sunderland, QPR, Birmingham, Blackpool, WBA....one defeat.

im not even talking about points we got,

what about how we played?  you do know we only got a point because QPR can't finnish for toffees, any other striker that played tonight would have smashed us.

I don't buy into the long ball stuff just yet, the majority of the newly signed players are more speed merchant orientated which lends them more to ball on the floor stuff, if we were going to play long ball I would have expected different players to be signed, playing away today reeked of Derby a few seasons ago, maybe go for a point against top 6 sides, but not everyone else. That said, I don't think any game plan would have been properly executed today, was very poor, Pardew's tactics were an added hindrance.

I was at that Derby game if you mean the Monday night when they beat us, I think we possibly played worse tonight even if we did come away with a point tonight.

I'm counting the days until Pardew is sacked in all honesty. Looks like first impressions are sometimes the best ones, and his starting line ups this season have just made me remember this was the clueless t*** who dropped Mascherano and Tevez from his sides at West Ham under media and fan pressure. I really don't think he has a clue about setting up a team to play football and it's starting to show with every change to the squad which isn't geared towards the long ball game. The points we have got this season have been despite this bell end and not due to his tactical know how.

Yes 4 games into the season with several new players linking up attack has proven this. Chill out man, nonsense posts.

I was shocked when there were no subs in halftime. How hard can it be to change something that isn't working? Villas-Boas substituted Kalou for Malouda after 30 minutes when he saw his team is playing s*** yet we watch Shola ~65 minutes and Raylor all match when we for once had a great bench. Why not give Marveaux and Sammy more time, just pointless to bring them in so late. It really shouldn't be so hard.

And I'm not comparing AVB and Pardew.

He's got a worse win ratio than Souness, Roeder and Allardyce who were seen as failures.  :lol:

He's got a worse win ratio than Souness, Roeder and Allardyce who were seen as failures.  :lol:

Pardew hasn't got/had Shearer, Bellamy, or even an Owen, Martins or Kluivert.

for all those that would like to excuse pardew,

lets look at this logically.

a simple evaluation

our team got stretched , the midfield four got completely over ran by QPR's midfield of five.

Now usually you would want atleast one of your forwards to come deep and help out, but pardew decides to keep two big strikers upfront, they are not exactly the type that likes to come deep to help out the midfield.  Best and Shola are spearheading type of strikers they both play far foward and doesnt like to come deep and mix in with midfield play. 

Simple sollution was to stick another man in midfield sub one striker.  Why didnt pardew make the change??? becuase he was too vain and didnt want to look weak like he got outsmarted by Warnock's tactics???

Either these players (taking specifically Ba and Marveaux) aren't fit yet or Pardew simply doesn't rate them more highly than the players who are still starting games, like Ameobi, Lovenkrands and to a certain degree Obertan. Pretty fucking concerning either way tbh. Likewise Gosling not even making the squad.

Did Pardew really want these players or were they just signed because they were cheap?

Think dave's right here. Pretty obvious the players we've brought in are not Pardew's signings. That he puts consistent faith in Shola, who's frankly been worse than shite in every single game he's played so far, speaks volumes IMO. Absolutely ridiculous. No reason whatsoever why we couldn't have set 4-5-1 tonight.

Will be interesting to see what he does with HBA when he's back.