Alan Pardew

JH

Bad team selection and showing a lack of faith in Santon is a worry.

May I ask how he's showing a lack of faith in Santon? Seemed quite a sensible decision not to play him, as he'll have barely trained with the squad and as we saw last night SWP was on fire, so if he'd have had a bad game, then the knives would have been out for him already.

He must start on Saturday though.

Agree with this.

Very poor show from him last night. Shola should never have started, but I personally didn't have a problem with the rest of the line up. The big issue I would have with him though was that it took him so long to change things (in his words "too long"), because we controlled the ball much better in the final 15 minutes when he went 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

Still though, a point is a point, and hopefully he can learn from that and move forward.

pardew to learn from that?  how fucking long has he been in management???  he gets paid thousands a week and he still don't fucking know how to change a team's shape,  took the prick 81 minutes to realise we were being over run.

i dont know. maybe warnock's fat ass was in his way so he couldnt see, or he was watching another completely different, sort it out pards you stupid moron.

His downfall, like many a manager here is overestimating Ameobi's ability on a football pitch.

Not sure we could have won, but had it been Best & Ba upfront, or just one of and playing 451 we could have got 3pts. Instead its all thrown away to accommodate Ameobi, well that's how it feels anyway.

Also he should have had Santon on at some point, even if it was 1st half doubling up on QPR and playing him in midfield in front of a fullback, calming the storm and soaking up the pressure, then he could have opened the game up if he felt comfortable. Personally I'd have played him LB for Raylor, but played Raylor RM in front of Simpson and Obertan just off Best with no Ameobi on the pitch.

people can stop talking about santon,  the way our team was under the gun all night the last thing you want to do is introduce a new defender into the league in that manner, who's still wet behind the ears.  would have been like putting the lad to the sword. 

thats only thing i think pardew got right regardless of how embarresingly shit raylor was last night.

Why put him on the bench then if he was nowhere near ready to play?

Not many clubs would sell their only leftback then sign a new one who could not go straight into the team.

The formation we play may not be 4-4-2 but those 11 are our best players.

Given what he said in the post match interview about now that the defending is working better he's planning to start concentrating on threatening the oppostion's goal, i'd be interested to see what the tactical plan is.

I hope he doesn't just think putting HBA in there will be the cure to all ills.

Given what he said in the post match interview about now that the defending is working better he's planning to start concentrating on threatening the oppostion's goal, i'd be interested to see what the tactical plan is.

I hope he doesn't just think putting HBA in there will be the cure to all ills.

I reckon its exactly what he is counting on.

Not many clubs would sell their only leftback then sign a new one who could not go straight into the team.

I dunno if they are our 11 best players.

I'd want to see Marveaux involved and I don't think Best is the answer long term, I don't rate him very highly and nowhere near as highly as some on here.  Ba is the long term answer for me and I'd much prefer to see Ba with Ben Arfa behind him.  Striker our a weakest area of the team, I'd rather not play two of them.

Marveux should be in there.

Got it horribly wrong last night, yet we still kept a clean sheet and Krul didn't have a save to make.  A lot of that was down to their shit finishing though.

Time will tell if this was a good result or not, QPR looked really lively and fast as fuck, interested to see how they get on in their next 3 or 4 matches.  We did make them look like Barca though, and gave them far too much time, space and respect.

Roll on Saturday, if we play the same clueless tactics, have Cabaye and Tiote both sat on the centre backs toes and continue to pump long balls to Shola, I might start to question AP's sanity.

As I'm a glass half full kinda guy, I would suggest he will learn from his mistakes and make 1 or 2 changes.

People thinking more along these lines?

-------------------Krul

Simo------Tayls-------Colo-------Santon

---------Cabaye-----------Tiote

Marv--------------HBA------------Jonas

-------------------Best

Yep, but with Ba.

Miy biggest concern is not with the football that we are playing as I am convinced that that will improve.  What concerns me more is trying to work out where the goals will actually come from.  Assuming our best front six will line up like this:

Marveaux/Obertan    Cabaye      Tiote      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba/Best

You are really relying on Ba/Best getting at least 15 league goals in the season and hoping that the rest of the midfield chip in with at least 20 goals between them.  And though that midfield might be a pretty good one, it is not known for being prolific.

Disclaimer - I would like to point out that in no way is this post intended to bemoan the loss of Nolan and/or Barton in any way, shape or form.  I don't think they would make any difference.

People thinking more along these lines?

-------------------Krul

Simo------Tayls-------Colo-------Santon

---------Cabaye-----------Tiote

Marv--------------HBA------------Jonas

-------------------Ba/Best

O0

I would even play 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 against Villa, obviously HBA won't play but Marv, Jonas and Obertan could start.

Considering we cleared 2/3 off the line this line about Krul not having to make a save that I keep reading makes me laugh.

So he didn't have to make a save then?  Simpson and S.Taylor did it for him.

Got caught out a couple of times coming for the ball and then changing his mind, SWP tried chipping him both times one was going in but for Taylor's great clearance.

Considering we cleared 2/3 off the line this line about Krul not having to make a save that I keep reading makes me laugh.

Got caught out a couple of times coming for the ball and then changing his mind, SWP tried chipping him both times one was going in but for Taylor's great clearance.

I know he did mate.  It was more a comment on how we managed to keep another clean sheet and their poor finishing, but some pedant decided to have a moan.

he is ready to play, you need to remember for a young lad to get trounced on his first game can have detrimental effects on his psyche , and that could have led to a bad introduction and a horrible long winding season for the lad.

obviously had we play well and was winning it would have been perfect way to introduce the lad around the last third of the game.

Wow you really are glass more than half full lol

I know he did mate.  It was more a comment on how we managed to keep another clean sheet and their poor finishing, but some pedant decided to have a moan.

Pop at me I'm guessing. You were making it come across that he had noubt to do but anyone watching the match knew that wasn't true. It wasn't due to great defence we kept a clean sheet last night it was down to their piss poor finishing.

Pop at me I'm guessing. You were making it come across that he had noubt to do but anyone watching the match knew that wasn't true. It wasn't due to great defence we kept a clean sheet last night it was down to their p*ss poor finishing.

exactly, we were not fortunate last because of our defence, we were fortunate because of QPR can't finnish for toffees,

the amount of chances and shots they had, would a good defence allow that to happen.  no.

didnt help matters by our midfielders being out numbered and out ran either, thus led to the failing to support the defence effectively, and by the way entirely ignored by stevie wonder pardew all night,

thanks pard you f***ing idiot.

Is this the classic "look at us getting a clean sheet away from home, our defence is solid" from Pardew?

Your defence was anything but solid, and although I suppose he's saying that just for something to say, he'll know fine well it was purely QPR's awful finishing that gave you a point.

Not sure if it's been posted, but a decent interview on the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14897097.stm?

Speaks very well, admits we were poor and seems to realise where we went wrong  - vastly preferable to the approach of someone like Bruce who would've tried to pretend they had dominated the game.

f*** off pards,shit interview, hindsights a f***ing great thing but not in football,  he knew we were out numbered in midfield yet he didnt know how to put an extra man in midfield?,  not until the 81st minute.  errrr  dime bar!!!!