Alan Pardew

JH

bothers me that you can't raise concerns about certain aspects of the manager without being a drooling window licker...how does not questioning anything ever lead to improvement in any walk of life?  the answer is it doesn't

point stands that replacing him would be crazy, however people really should probably by now acknowledge it won't matter who we buy in the next window the likelihood is this football is what we've got to look forward to, and it's going to be very limited indeed especially if we keep signing players that aren't cut out for it

tiote, cabaye, colo, santon, hba, ba, cisse (assume), jonas, marveaux are all first team players who will thrive on playing better quality football, yet we're persistently twatting the ball up field to the big target man

if you can't see or acknowledge this then you need to start watching another sport tbh

Actually I wouldn't even mind us twatting the ball up to a big target man if we did it with any purpose. You need people in the box to pick up the pieces if you want to play long ball football such as Nolan or Gosling. Pardew is falling between two stools because his instincts are direct football but we are signing footballers who like to play it on the deck.

bothers me that you can't raise concerns about certain aspects of the manager without being a drooling window licker...how does not questioning anything ever lead to improvement in any walk of life?  the answer is it doesn't

point stands that replacing him would be crazy, however people really should probably by now acknowledge it won't matter who we buy in the next window the likelihood is this football is what we've got to look forward to, and it's going to be very limited indeed especially if we keep signing players that aren't cut out for it

tiote, cabaye, colo, santon, hba, ba, cisse (assume), jonas, marveaux are all first team players who will thrive on playing better quality football, yet we're persistently twatting the ball up field to the big target man

if you can't see or acknowledge this then you need to start watching another sport tbh

That's one of the worst attempts at a strawman I've ever seen, I criticise plenty of what Pardew does, I think it's laughable that he's mentioned with the England job as well.

When raising concerns are the same as waiting for a manger to be sacked you might have yourself a fraction of a point.

Actually I wouldn't even mind us twatting the ball up to a big target man if we did it with any purpose. You need people in the box to pick up the pieces if you want to play long ball football such as Nolan or Gosling. Pardew is falling between two stools because his instincts are direct football but we are signing footballers who like to play it on the deck.

yeah, that's what i'm agreeing to - square pegs round holes man

the quality of the footballers we have will get us so far with this approach and it's working, change the system to suit the players we have we could hit gold - and by gold i mean not being shat out of the cup by rubbish again for a starter

I like Pardew. We've had shitter performances with better players with better managers.

He's only 15 months into the job, until recently hasn't spent any substantial money and spent the first few months under a backlash from the supporters.

Gutted to be out of the cups mind, but given we were in the championship a couple of years ago and now we're currently sitting sixth, then I can't really be too angry at anyone.

I like Pardew. We've had shitter performances with better players with better managers.

He's only 15 months into the job, until recently has spent any substantial money and spent the first few months under a backlash from the supporters.

Gutted to be out of the cups mind, but given we were in the championship a couple of years ago, and now we're currently sitting sixth, then I can't really be too angry at anyone.

Agree with all of this.

I think it's totally fair to question some of Pardew's tactics and formation especially in recent games. However he's gone a long way to sorting out the backline something nobody has done in years. We haven't seen this "free flowing" football he kept banging on about before the season started but if he'd got that going and sorted the back line we'd probably still be in the top four. With much more movement up front with Ba and Cisse I think we'll see things open up a bit again.

I'm glad he's built from the back and the team is still evolving. Considering where we thought we might be and where we are I think people are getting ahead of themselves. I also agree with the "who else could we get"

But yes yesterday was a complete shower of shit.............

The back line relies completely on a fit Colocinni. We need another CB/Fullback who is confidnet with the ball in possession. I don't think the backline is near sorted at all. Not that you had implied it fully was but with the addition of the 2 dembas I think we're looking a lot stronger in midfield and attacking options (bizzare persistence to start Shola aside).

Part of the tendency long ball problem comes from players such as Williamson and Simpson who are incapable of building from the back. Raylor probably wants to see the ball but just doesn't have the ability at this level. The injury to Saylor was gutting in reard to this. We seem to be constantly in a state of imbalance; which imo is lack of ambition in terms of maintaining squad depth on behalf of the owners ultimately.

Shit league yes, but with our budget and squad depth we have no real right to expect to be slugging it out with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool almost two-thirds of the way through the season, which we are doing.

ok, but at what point do you concede that it's the players ability that counts on the pitch and not how much the various teams paid for them?

I think it's totally fair to question some of Pardew's tactics and formation especially in recent games. However he's gone a long way to sorting out the backline something nobody has done in years. We haven't seen this "free flowing" football he kept banging on about before the season started but if he'd got that going and sorted the back line we'd probably still be in the top four. With much more movement up front with Ba and Cisse I think we'll see things open up a bit again.

I'm glad he's built from the back and the team is still evolving. Considering where we thought we might be and where we are I think people are getting ahead of themselves. I also agree with the "who else could we get"

I'm not really sure he's built from the back any more than Hughton did. Really, what has he changed?

I'm not really sure he's built from the back any more than Hughton did. Really, what has he changed?

we were a remarkably solid defensive unit until Saylor got injured

This season we were always going to have mixed fortunes. Start of the season my main aim was for us to show signs of turning into an attractive team. We've shown glimpses which gives me massive hope for the next few seasons and we were never going to transform from a direct style, to slick carpet football overnight. Even more so when for every Cabaye, HBA and Santon, there's still a Simpson, Ameobi or R.Taylor. Big players will leave, but the type of player signed lately gives me faith that the replacement will help improve the way we play, while at the same time fazing out the weaker, limited players who enforce us to go longer at times, replacing them with more players in the mould of Santon and Cabaye who will help us play more attractive stuff more of the time. He has his flaws, but he's done far more good than bad, and will continue to do so imo. 

Guest Chubby Jason

I actually really dislike Pardew. He comes across as a smug arrogant cock despite having not really done anything in his career to justify such an attitude (perhaps come the end of this season he may have something to crow about.) However he is doing a great job here and his first year or so in charge has been excellent.

Who would we get in his place?? Who would work under the pressure of Mike and Derek with no control over players sales???

Louis van Gaal...prefers youth to expensive stars. Perfect for Ashley.

This season we were always going to have mixed fortunes. Start of the season my main aim was for us to show signs of turning into an attractive team. We've shown glimpses which gives me massive hope for the next few seasons and we were never going to transform from a direct style, to slick carpet football overnight. Even more so when for every Cabaye, HBA and Santon, there's still a Simpson, Ameobi or R.Taylor. Big players will leave, but the type of player signed lately gives me faith that the replacement will help improve the way we play, while at the same time fazing out the weaker, limited players who enforce us to go longer at times, replacing them with more players in the mould of Santon and Cabaye who will help us play more attractive stuff more of the time. He has his flaws, but he's done far more good than bad, and will continue to do so imo. 

My view is you could put most any manager in charge of these players and get similar results. All he has to do is pick the right team and formation and he seems really confused by that. Interesting he had Ferguson on the bench yesterday because I remember a few games ago asking why we didn't have any cover for left back yet had Best and Shola on the bench just in case one big bastard wasn't enough. His decisions are bizarre tbh. In his defence he's a good talker and probably a good man motivator.

Best on the wing and Shola up front FFS.

Errr no?

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/505366281.jpg?Expires=1327836731&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=sFlvgzWiZG5KvFjrFXzb52rtUTYkbdOTSQ5lA~214YOeleXeLp5JjJkrWHKj6jbzAX8RGCMMySWEq9AcHRu7UqP90115yql2Uz2MBVDBbQtzlqDnEPBA5POIutSZ9wKg4LjF9PCXlEqhjZue9rJfru4Fz38ZB7gXtZ4bHsH7lBI_

I haven't got a picture but basically the front pge is Pardew in a club with 3 other women in Tenerife. Also has Saylor snogging a blonde lass and necking a bottle od champagne. Simpson is also out in the same club and Best, Colo and Jonas.

Pardewhas those 'session' glasses on