Alan Pardew

JH

Poor tactical choices in the last two games have cost us. Whilst he has done well overall, it would seem that Pardew does not learn from his mistakes.

Hope to god we don't go with 4-2-3-1 v Blackburn, because it will end up in another inspid performance and defeat.

Wasn't a great deal wrong with the formation IMO. More so the lack of quality up front. Better strikers and that could work well.

Well surely you pick your tactics for the players which you have available? 442 would have made much more sense.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why would you play Best on the left wing? In his career, at what point, has he showed he can whip in a mean cross to the centre-forward? Honestly, a kid witha crayon could dream up a better formation. No surprise though because the daft c*** once played Barton there too, ironically in the FA Cup away to a lower league side. Same result anarl. :lol: Just f*** off Pardew with your 'look at me, ain't I clever' s****, you're mugging yourself off man. The tipping point eh :lol:

I don't rate him as highly as others but I can understand most things from today other than the substitution and they potentially are the reason why we are out of the cup. 

I can't get my head around how they were supposed to change the game and why wait so long to make them?

Pardew has been lucky at times, Shola against Spurs being an obvious one but most of the time they are the wrong people coming on/off or are too late, sometimes both.

Guest VaVaVoom

Fuckin hell! :lol:

I the year he has been here he has done a great job. He has had key players sold, difficult indivual situations to deal with and brought in quality players on a pretty tight budget.

He has got us to 6th in the league and the table doesnt lie. We deserve to be there.

Yes we havent played great football week in week out but thats why we are 6th and not 1st.

I still think we are a side still learning and growing and we can only get better once individuals gel more.

I do agree with the opinion his tactics/substitutions are strange at times but ALL managers get it wrong from time to time.

Why would you play Best on the left wing? In his career, at what point, has he showed he can whip in a mean cross to the centre-forward?

Not disagreeing that he is unsuited to the role but that is hardly the function of a wide player in a 4-3-3.

Who shunts wide in this 4-3-3, Ba or Cisse? I'm not really comfortable with either doing it tbh. We should be trying to keep Ba doing what he's been fantastic st and fit Cisse into that IMO.

both would be absolutely wasted being outwide.

its obvious we will go 4-4-2 when they are back.

Who shunts wide in this 4-3-3, Ba or Cisse? I'm not really comfortable with either doing it tbh. We should be trying to keep Ba doing what he's been fantastic st and fit Cisse into that IMO.

both would be absolutely wasted being outwide.

Ba has played most of his career wide left in a 4-3-3.

I would keep him upfront in the same system we've played all season but it is an option.

Guest neesy111

I like HTT's post. Some of it was batty to be sure, but the gist was right. Stop being a tactical arsehole Pards and just send teams out with the instruction to bury shite like Brighton.

This.

I like HTT's post. Some of it was batty to be sure, but the gist was right. Stop being a tactical arsehole Pards and just send teams out with the instruction to bury shite like Brighton.

It's a good post. I don't agree with it all, but it identifies some very valid criticisms of the manager.

I would keep him upfront in the same system we've played all season but it is an option.

I would hate to move Ba, he's one of the last players I'd like to see moved, I know you said you wouldn't do it.

He really needs to sit down the squad, maybe even the stiffs and some of the youth players, and explain the importance of being goal-side of the defender. Spend a good half hour on it if you have to.

I would hate to move Ba, he's one of the last players I'd like to see moved, I know you said you wouldn't do it.

No I wouldn't because I can't wait to see him alongside a proper striker.

However, when we signed Ba everybody expected an on the spot goalpoacher. He's proved to be far, far more than that. He's been a #10 and a #9 in one this season and done the lot. He's an allround footballer who could easily play wide left and has done in his career.

The problem with us is every time we try to swicth formations it just ends up in the same disjointed mess. There's no reason why Ba wide left in a front 3 means he's there solely to get it wide and cross for a centre forward. There's no reason he couldn't be the same goalthreat from that position if the team plays in a fluid manner.

Can't understand why Shola is leading the line at all. got no problem with switching to a 4-3-3 IF he chooses the right players to do it with. Picking Shola as the main man is suicide because he has neither the presence, movement or nous to do the job effectively. The whole point of playing with a 3 in the middle of the park is to control possession of the ball, allow one of them to get past the striker and protect the CHs. We did ok to keep hold of the ball, particularly in the first half, but offered nothing too much for Brighton to worry about. Best had a decent chance but that was it.

Best is wasted as a wide forward. Never involved in the game enough and not in the box often enough to offer a threat. Not his fault but he's never going to blast past the full-back and whip a cross in either - he's a striker and should be picked as one. They simply dropped off and kept their shape. Our lack of movement was dire and can't remember one of Cabaye, Jonas or Guthrie breaking into the box to get on the end of a cross. No idea what he was hoping to achieve making the 3 subs either. That was just too baffling to start trying to make sense of.

We all knew we were going to miss Ba and Tiote this month and, fuck me, isn't it apparent? Losing Coloccini was a blow but it's the other end of the park that's more worrying. We need to go back to 4-4-2 and have Ba and Cisse starting every game where possible. The alternatives are embarrassingly poor.

Get it sorted Pardew.

'I felt we weren't threatening their goal enough. They defended well, Brighton, to be fair to them,' the United boss said.

'We had a good grip of the game (in the first half), we felt comfortable. We just struggled to get more shots on goal, to get more chances.

'I can't really fault my players too much in terms of the commitment they have shown'

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/888731-alan-pardew-has-no-complaints-over-newcastles-fa-cup-exit-at-brighton?

Can't understand why Shola is leading the line at all. got no problem with switching to a 4-3-3 IF he chooses the right players to do it with. Picking Shola as the main man is suicide because he has neither the presence, movement or nous to do the job effectively. The whole point of playing with a 3 in the middle of the park is to control possession of the ball, allow one of them to get past the striker and protect the CHs. We did ok to keep hold of the ball, particularly in the first half, but offered nothing too much for Brighton to worry about. Best had a decent chance but that was it.

Best is wasted as a wide forward. Never involved in the game enough and not in the box often enough to offer a threat. Not his fault but he's never going to blast past the full-back and whip a cross in either - he's a striker and should be picked as one. They simply dropped off and kept their shape. Our lack of movement was dire and can't remember one of Cabaye, Jonas or Guthrie breaking into the box to get on the end of a cross. No idea what he was hoping to achieve making the 3 subs either. That was just too baffling to start trying to make sense of.

We all knew we were going to miss Ba and Tiote this month and, fuck me, isn't it apparent? Losing Coloccini was a blow but it's the other end of the park that's more worrying. We need to go back to 4-4-2 and have Ba and Cisse starting every game where possible. The alternatives are embarrassingly poor.

Get it sorted Pardew.

Not sure about this like...

Bottom line today has got to be that had we gone out to win it we would have won it fairly comfortably. Just 'cos we are away from home doesn't mean that you have to sit back and play the game out, especially when you're not even winning.

Brighton were never a threat and we failed to press them despite being "in control". No excuses for losing that.