Alan Pardew

JH

Problem was, it was played like this for most of the game:

Krul

Simpson    Willi    Perch      Santon

Guthrie        Cabaye

HBA                                                                          Jonas                                                                        Best

Ameobi

I really don't get the 4-3-3 attempt like. I'm all for trying different things but it's square pegs in round holes.

Will work once we get our best players back to replace the dead weight. It helps us keep possession and control games we're just being let down by the fact that Best and Shola have no movement between them and so play breaks down most of the time.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

we have 4-3-3 in us just not with Best playing so wide and Shola at the top.

Loven is nowhere near as bad as some make out. He's nowhere near good enough but he's better than Shola and when I last saw him on wing he had some good link up play and didn't look lost. Still didn't do much though.

Surely better up front, like. Happy to work, not as stupid as Shola and would bank on him to score a lot higher than Ameobi.

Lovenkrands looked reasonably competant as a winger but Best needs to be up front obviously.

No he doesn't and he never has.

In Best's defense, he looked sharp in that position against QPR; plus he's (marginally) more likely to score.

dont get me wrong I dont blame this on Best.    Playing him on the wing or outwide,. its like playing peter crouch or berbatov or andy carroll out on the wings,

Best is not that type of striker,  Rooney can play wide.  Bellamy can play wide.  im not talking about the distinction of class in these players but more about their style and versatility.

Leon Best is not a wide player for fuck sake pardew you twat.

Very tenuous using the QPR game to justify that formation with Best on the left, Yorkie. We won and he scored a great goal but it was a very poor, very negative performance IMO. Other than ten minutes before half time, it was dreadful.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll get stick for this but I don't give a fuck.

If we are to move on as a team we need a better tactician and someone who is more confident in his players than Pardew who lacks tactical nous even in basic terms and doesn't seem to trust his players like he should, especially the likes of Ben Arfa. Time and time again we are being undone by negative tactics or just plain and simple poor tactics and also being hampered by weird or wrong team selections. How the likes of Taylor get a game at right wing over Ben Arfa for example defies belief. How someone could play Joey Barton at left-wing also defies belief. These are constant fuck-ups by Pardew regarding team-selection and tactics and its costing usa lot.

In the year or so he's been in charge our football hasn't really changed despite the quality of our players improving massively in key areas and for me being 6th under Pardew feels similar to the year we finished 7th under Roeder. You get the sense (well I do) that it is in spite of rather than because of. Pardew arguably has the best set of players in terms of the first-team we've had since Sir Bobby's days yet wek in week out we play poor football in the main with the odd cameo 10-20 minute spell, most notably against Fulham (apparently), Man Utd at home and Spurs. In general though we've been poor and have had to relie on good defending, goalkeeping heroics and the goals of Ba.

Of course all teams have to rely on X and X at times but the better sides rely less on individuals than the team itself and I feel under Pardew unless Ba isn't scoring for example or Colo isn't emperious at the back we are neither here nor there and will always struggle because tactically he's useless in short as he's shown.

I strongly believe under a better tactician and a more positive manager we'd easily be sat in fourth right now and most certainly wouldn't be out of the FA Cup. We went to Brighton with a game plan not to lose and that's detrimental to the players we have who need to be let off the leash if you like, especially players like Ben Arfa who seems shit scared to make a mistake and so plays or tries to play this conservative kind of game which just isn't him and actually makes him look turbo shit as was evidenced today.

With 20 minutes to go at home to QPR Pardew instructs the side tactically and selection wise (via his subs) to kill the game. At home? To QPR? From a winning position? He did likewise away to Fulham and was embarrassingly handed his arse tactically by Jol.

And speaking of the Dutchman, it pains me to see that Fulham, QPR and the mackems to name three clubs have better in the dugout than we do.

Its clear as day that these days the manager of Newcastle has two roles, to manage players and to coach and while Pardwew has built on what was an already strong team spirit and seems a good motivator, he brings little in terms of tactics and coaching. We play poor football despite having very good footballers.

If we are to improve as a team, bearing in mind we will always recruit good players under Carr et al, we need to improve the coaching and tactics and that means replacing Pardew.

The scouts seem to perfer up and coming talent from abroad, I suggest the likes of Carr start looking at coaches from that context too if we are to keep improving.

We are in a better position in the table thus far under Pardew than we were under Hughton but footballing wise we have not improved and nor has our tactics, if anything Hughton's tactics were better. We seemed to have more of a game plan. It is no coincidence though that Pardew has better players at his disposal. A better manager than him will only improve us further. Stcikm with him and nights like tonight will become more and more common as eventually turned out at West Ham, Charlton et al.

His track record suggests he doesn't have enough in his locker to ever do something special as a manager and we have the nucleus of a side that can do something special. You know, like maybe go all the way in I don't know, the FA Cup?

Not with the likes of Pardwew and his piss poor tactics, fucked up team selections and negativity, though.

Now fire away...

Very tenuous using the QPR game to justify that formation with Best on the left, Yorkie. We won and he scored a great goal but it was a very poor, very negative performance IMO. Other than ten minutes before half time, it was dreadful.

We stuttered our way through the second half but i didn't think we were as bad as made out. I said so in the immediate aftermath of the game.

I'm not saying Pardew's had it right with Best, i'm just saying i can see why he started there. He can be quick off the mark when he wants to be and he's got a touch of flair to cut in and get past a player. Plus he's fairly two-footed so in theory you'd expect him to be able to shoot more from that position. But Brighton parked ten men behind the ball and made it difficult to work through and, admittedly, it probably should have been altered sooner.

But...

------------------------------------- Krul -------------------------------------

Simpson ---------- Williamson -------- Coloccini -------------- Santon

--------------------------- Tiote --------- Cabaye --------------------------

------------------------------ Jonas ------------------------------------------

Ben Arfa ---------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------- Cisse ---------------------- Ba -------------------

... or whatever sort of shape it is... will work very well imo.

Guest neesy111

His tactics of just containing the opposition initially are really getting on my nerves now.  Fine against half of the premiership but some teams you need to take the game to them as with enough pressure they will crack.

I'll get stick for this but I don't give a f***.

If we are to move on as a team we need a better tactician and someone who is more confident in his players than Pardew who lacks tactical nous even in basic terms and doesn't seem to trust his players like he should, especially the likes of Ben Arfa. Time and time again we are being undone by negative tactics or just plain and simple poor tactics and also being hampered by weird or wrong team selections. How the likes of Taylor get a game at right wing over Ben Arfa for example defies belief. How someone could play Joey Barton at left-wing also defies belief. These are constant f***-ups by Pardew regarding team-selection and tactics and its costing usa lot.

In the year or so he's been in charge our football hasn't really changed despite the quality of our players improving massively in key areas and for me being 6th under Pardew feels similar to the year we finished 7th under Roeder. You get the sense (well I do) that it is in spite of rather than because of. Pardew arguably has the best set of players in terms of the first-team we've had since Sir Bobby's days yet wek in week out we play poor football in the main with the odd cameo 10-20 minute spell, most notably against Fulham (apparently), Man Utd at home and Spurs. In general though we've been poor and have had to relie on good defending, goalkeeping heroics and the goals of Ba.

Of course all teams have to rely on X and X at times but the better sides rely less on individuals than the team itself and I feel under Pardew unless Ba isn't scoring for example or Colo isn't emperious at the back we are neither here nor there and will always struggle because tactically he's useless in short as he's shown.

I strongly believe under a better tactician and a more positive manager we'd easily be sat in fourth right now and most certainly wouldn't be out of the FA Cup. We went to Brighton with a game plan not to lose and that's detrimental to the players we have who need to be let off the leash if you like, especially players like Ben Arfa who seems s*** scared to make a mistake and so plays or tries to play this conservative kind of game which just isn't him and actually makes him look turbo s*** as was evidenced today.

With 20 minutes to go at home to QPR Pardew instructs the side tactically and selection wise (via his subs) to kill the game. At home? To QPR? From a winning position? He did likewise away to Fulham and was embarrassingly handed his arse tactically by Jol.

And speaking of the Dutchman, it pains me to see that Fulham, QPR and the mackems to name three clubs have better in the dugout than we do.

Its clear as day that these days the manager of Newcastle has two roles, to manage players and to coach and while Pardwew has built on what was an already strong team spirit and seems a good motivator, he brings little in terms of tactics and coaching. We play poor football despite having very good footballers.

If we are to improve as a team, bearing in mind we will always recruit good players under Carr et al, we need to improve the coaching and tactics and that means replacing Pardew.

The scouts seem to perfer up and coming talent from abroad, I suggest the likes of Carr start looking at coaches from that context too if we are to keep improving.

We are in a better position in the table thus far under Pardew than we were under Hughton but footballing wise we have not improved and nor has our tactics, if anything Hughton's tactics were better. We seemed to have more of a game plan. It is no coincidence though that Pardew has better players at his disposal. A better manager than him will only improve us further. Stcikm with him and nights like tonight will become more and more common as eventually turned out at West Ham, Charlton et al.

His track record suggests he doesn't have enough in his locker to ever do something special as a manager and we have the nucleus of a side that can do something special. You know, like maybe go all the way in I don't know, the FA Cup?

Not with the likes of Pardwew and his p*ss poor tactics, f***ed up team selections and negativity, though.

Now fire away...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc.jpg

If we are to move on as a team we need a better tactician and someone who is more confident in his players than Pardew who lacks tactical nous even in basic terms and doesn't seem to trust his players like he should, especially the likes of Ben Arfa. Time and time again we are being undone by negative tactics or just plain and simple poor tactics and also being hampered by weird or wrong team selections. How the likes of Taylor get a game at right wing over Ben Arfa for example defies belief. How someone could play Joey Barton at left-wing also defies belief. These are constant fuck-ups by Pardew regarding team-selection and tactics and its costing usa lot.

I strongly believe under a better tactician and a more positive manager we'd easily be sat in fourth right now and most certainly wouldn't be out of the FA Cup. We went to Brighton with a game plan not to lose and that's detrimental to the players we have who need to be let off the leash if you like, especially players like Ben Arfa who seems shit scared to make a mistake and so plays or tries to play this conservative kind of game which just isn't him and actually makes him look turbo shit as was evidenced today.

Not with the likes of Pardwew and his piss poor tactics, fucked up team selections and negativity, though.

Now fire away...

http://epl.theoffside.com/files/2009/02/joke-in-here.jpg

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Now fire away...

FFS

It's interesting to see what AP will share with us as an excuse this time. Will BBC publish a post-math interview on their site? [i'm not sure whether the procedure with post-match interviews in FACup competition  is the same as in the EPL...]

His tactics of just containing the opposition initially are really getting on my nerves now.  Fine against half of the premiership but some teams you need to take the game to them as with enough pressure they will crack.

Agree. Fine for tricky PL games, but tonight we should have gone down their throats form the start and searched for the first goal. First goals normally kill these kinds of sides off.

Guest neesy111

Agree. Fine for tricky PL games, but tonight we should have gone down their throats form the start and searched for the first goal. First goals normally kill these kinds of sides off.

The longer it stayed 0-0, I knew they were going to get a lucky break or something and it happened.

Poor tactical choices in the last two games have cost us. Whilst he has done well overall, it would seem that Pardew does not learn from his mistakes.

Hope to god we don't go with 4-2-3-1 v Blackburn, because it will end up in another inspid performance and defeat.

Poor tactical choices in the last two games have cost us. Whilst he has done well overall, it would seem that Pardew does not learn from his mistakes.

Hope to god we don't go with 4-2-3-1 v Blackburn, because it will end up in another inspid performance and defeat.

Wasn't a great deal wrong with the formation IMO. More so the lack of quality up front. Better strikers and that could work well.

It's not the formation per se, the players there, some aren't suited at all.

:thup: