Alan Pardew

JH

Guest sydneycove

4 wins and 5 draws sorry, still not bad.

Still averaging just over 2 points a game which over the course of a season would probably put us into European contention.

To be fair to him, at least we tried to play football today instead of hoofing the ball.  Starting Lovenkrands and bringing on Smith is baffling.

With Shola and Vukic injured he had no choice ffs..

Shut the fuck up, man. Clueless tool.

Pards made a couple of mistakes today but generally got it right. He deserves a lot of credit for our good start.

Needless was what i got told for something like this. (although i didn't actually get told!)

A very winnable fixture next, then a villa game I reckon we'll at most draw in if we ain't got our fullbacks settled by then. Nzog and Agbonlahor will tear us a new one if not.

But creds today for the new passing game we are playing. Also nice to see us having 70% of the ball most of the time on SJP. Will probably be just better and better by christmas time. And hope we can push on with momentum. Could easily see us up there by christmas with everything to play for.

A very winnable fixture next, then a villa game I reckon we'll at most draw in if we ain't got our fullbacks settled by then. Nzog and Agbonlahor will tear us a new one if not.

But creds today for the new passing game we are playing. Also nice to see us having 70% of the ball most of the time on SJP. Will probably be just better and better by christmas time. And hope we can push on with momentum. Could easily see us up there by christmas with everything to play for.

about 30mins in it flashed up on the screen that Fulham had 71% possession...we did well to turn it around, but we do need to come out of the traps quicker, like Zogs and Agbonlahor will no doubt soon enough...that being said, 6-0.

Anyway, at what point does papering over the cracks, not being good enough, etc. become well actually, we maybe aren't that bad afterall?

Our last 9 league games we've played 6 of last season's top 10 and only lost once. We must be doing something right man.

The same Villa who has drawn 2 games 0-0 out of 3 will tear us a new one...?

Anyway, at what point does papering over the cracks, not being good enough, etc. become well actually, we maybe aren't that bad afterall?

Our last 9 league games we've played 6 of least season's top 10 and only lost once. We must be doing something right man.

This

Our last 9 league games we've played 6 of last season's top 10 and only lost once. We must be doing something right man.

When we sign a fucking striker...

When we sign a f***ing striker...

We've had the same strikeforce plus Ba for all of those games and still done well enough. We'll sign a striker no doubt to help us kick on even more imo.

Thats a really good start we made to the season and i have to give him some credit for it, its not easy working when Fat Mike is going around selling your biggest players but he's done a really good job at the start of the season, and the fact that were having quite a few youngsters playing really good is even more encourging.

Guest ykmkmdd

I get the impression he's deliberately setting us up to start games slowly, keep things tight and compact while we figure out the opposition then tweaking things to get gradually more aggressive - has happened in all 4 games so far, we've conceded lots of possession early doors but seen very few chances created against us.

I think we need to hand it to Pardew. He deserves an applause for doing something no other NUFC-manager has succeeded in doing over the last 20 years or even more. He has given us a good defensive base. No lets get the attacking working and this could be the start of something really good.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we need to hand it to Pardew. He deserves an applause for doing something no other NUFC-manager has succeeded in doing over the last 20 years or even more. He has given us a good defensive base. No lets get the attacking working and this could be the start of something really good.

We had the second best defence in the league under Keegan.

We looke supremely well organised today against Fulham. Pardew is clearly smarter than we thought.

But we're not looking like entertainers.

With the players he had available yesterday I think it's a bit much to expect a swashbuckling style. If we added a couple of marauding full backs and a pacey forward I think you'd see something like the finished article. Yersterday was the first time I saw a glimpse of the team I expected this season, with Cabaye outstanding as the conductor in midfield.