Alan Pardew

JH

No reason to go public with either situation. Managers should manage the players rather than go blabbing about it in the papers.

My opinion obviously. 

And regardless of everyone's opinion of it, it goes completely against the current regime's apparent lack of wanting to talk in public about club issues. So he's making them look like liers....again.

if the stuff abiout enrique was when he was asked if he'd be fit for wigan,, he replied he'd find out in his tweet.....that was a good reply and is being deliberatly made out as something more by people on here who are looking for sticks to throw.

the ranger one is a bit different and only rangers reaction will say whether it was right or not. people ought to remember the documentary on bobby when all the players were eating and he was talking about players today, being particularly scatrhing about a player wanting the bus turned round to go back and get a diamond earring, his eyes never moved and he was looking at one player, thought to be dyer. as bad if not worse than pardew on ranger.

No reason to go public with either situation. Managers should manage the players rather than go blabbing about it in the papers.

My opinion obviously. 

And regardless of everyone's opinion of it, it goes completely against the current regime's apparent lack of wanting to talk in public about club issues. So he's making them look like liers....again.

if the stuff abiout enrique was when he was asked if he'd be fit for wigan,, he replied he'd find out in his tweet.....that was a good reply and is being deliberatly made out as something more by people on here who are looking for sticks to throw.

the ranger one is a bit different and only rangers reaction will say whether it was right or not. people ought to remember the documentary on bobby when all the players were eating and he was talking about players today, being particularly scatrhing about a player wanting the bus turned round to go back and get a diamond earring, his eyes never moved and he was looking at one player, thought to be dyer. as bad if not worse than pardew on ranger.

I've got no axe to grind but I do think things like this should be kept away from the media as much as possible. The player, club and manager involved aren't important, it's a general opinion I hold about it.

My opinion obviously. 

I've got no axe to grind but I do think things like this should be kept away from the media as much as possible. The player, club and manager involved aren't important, it's a general opinion I hold about it.

maybe the ranger bit but if the enrique bit is all that was then it was justa good retort.

My opinion obviously. 

maybe the ranger bit but if the enrique bit is all that was then it was justa good retort.

Possibly? :dontknow:

A quiet word in Enrique's ear to ask him not to do it again would have done though. We'll see how the pair of them react to it.

My opinion obviously. 

Bobby was a different person, if I was a player I would take any amount of shit from someone like him but the minute a jumped up arse like Pardew started acting like Billy Big Boots my back would be up.

That said, Pardew backed Ranger publicly for the last two weeks and was set to give him his first start against Brum. If Ranger has let him down since he deserves being slapped down in public. Same goes for Enrique I suppose. If you are going public on twitter you can hardly complain if the manager goes public to clarify the situation.

As much as I dislike how Pardew came in (and for various reasons dislike him), I think we are jumping on him a bit too quick on this one.  If this continues, and players clearly fall out with him, then we can start likening him to Sourness.  Perhaps this shit should have been kept in house, but let's not magnify the situation.

No idea on what the context of the Ranger story was, but wasn't the Enrique one just sprung on him in the post-match interview?

The Enrique one was hardly sprung on him, he was informed via a text message.

No idea on what the context of the Ranger story was, but wasn't the Enrique one just sprung on him in the post-match interview?

The Enrique one was hardly sprung on him, he was informed via a text message.

He gave the right response regardless of whether the question was sprung on him or not. Injury news that can reveal lineups should not be allowed, can't imagine the likes of SAF, Mourinho, Wenger ...etc tolerating that

He gave the right response regardless of whether the question was sprung on him or not. Injury news that can reveal lineups should not be allowed, can't imagine the likes of SAF, Mourinho, Wenger ...etc tolerating that

I’ve got no problem with the way he’s handled it in isolation and I posted something to back him up yesterday.  That doesn’t change the fact that it wasn’t sprung on him in the post-match interview, or have I missed something?

He's already begun to dismantle the team spirit with his comments about Jose and Ranger. The man is a proven 100% cast iron arsehole and will be a catastrophe for NUFC.

How is commenting on Jose's Twitter feed or Ranger's lateness for training any different than Hughton saying Carroll had been 'a bit below par' in training a couple of months back?

I don't like Pardew much, but there are some laughable double standards on display in this thread.

Easy to have double standards when you've decided from the word go not to give Pardew a chance because he was appointed by the evil one to replace the angelic Hughton.

We can argue about whether playing Perch at left back was the wrong decision (for the record I thought he played decent until he let Lennon shoot and even then it was deflected in) and whether Smith should have played at all (so better to play Guthrie?), but surely tweeting about your injury and therefore possible lineup is something that most decent managers would not condone. But don't let common sense get in the way if you've decided that you hate Pardew.

For the record I think Pardew is average at best but I will give him till the transfer window closes to see if he can get us points against opponents that we should be beating and whether he can get us some much needed bodies. 

Both :thup:

My opinion obviously. 

the difference being that bobby had more class about him in his little finger than pardew has in his whole body and he didnt need to talk about anyone personally to try and prove a point (THOUGHT to be dyer) please, please, never compare alan pardew and bobby robson ever again.

Also, maybe Pardew aired the dirty laundry regarding Ranger in public so the fans clambering for 4-4-2 knew why it hasn't happened yet.

that's where man-management and putting the team before your ego comes in though isnt it? these are the things that separate the good managers from the average. if 4-4-2 is going to benefit the team you find a way to get on with the player and give him confidence, you don't put your pride before the team. without bringing it back to bobby all the time i remember after he'd left and souness was moaning about bellamy, bobby was asked about the situation and he said something like 'of course i had problems with him, but i absolutely loved him on a saturday afternoon because he won me football matches'. that's management.

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/6622895/Pardew-wants-more-Toon-quality

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew hopes to add some more quality to his side when the transfer window opens next week.

Pardew, who succeeded Chris Hughton as manager earlier this month, has watched the Toon slip to successive Premier League defeats to Manchester City and Tottenham since seeing them beat Liverpool in his first game

And he is hoping owner Mike Ashley will be prepared to splash some transfer cash next month to allow him to bolster his resources.

"We lacked a little bit of quality in the final third against Tottenham," Pardew told the Daily Star.

"We have a team on its day that can compete with the top teams, but we need that quality and competitiveness.

"We are looking at the market and hopefully can bring something in. You want a bit of quality, pace and directness and that is something we would like to add at some stage."

While expressing his desire for fresh talent, Pardew is keen to keep the quality Newcastle already has, reiterating 11-goal hitman Andy Carroll is going nowhere in January.

He added: "I have spoken to Mike and made it very clear that Andy has to stay. And he has said he is not for sale."

Pardew insists promoted Toon, currently 13th in the table, will only begin thinking about moving upwards when they start winning games.

"You can only stop looking over your shoulder when you win," he said.

"When you win, you start to think, as players and staff, 'Oh Christ, we can win again'. But when you lose you look backwards."

Also, maybe Pardew aired the dirty laundry regarding Ranger in public so the fans clambering for 4-4-2 knew why it hasn't happened yet.

that's where man-management and putting the team before your ego comes in though isnt it? these are the things that separate the good managers from the average. if 4-4-2 is going to benefit the team you find a way to get on with the player and give him confidence, you don't put your pride before the team. without bringing it back to bobby all the time i remember after he'd left and souness was moaning about bellamy, bobby was asked about the situation and he said something like 'of course i had problems with him, but i absolutely loved him on a saturday afternoon because he won me football matches'. that's management.

There have been rumours of Ranger's constant lateness in training long before Pardew rolled up and I can't see many being better at putting an arm around the shoulder than Hughton.

How far should we go for Ranger and when does he need to take responsibility?

"We lacked a little bit of quality in the final third against Tottenham," Pardew told the Daily Star.

"We have a team on its day that can compete with the top teams, but we need that quality and competitiveness.

"We are looking at the market and hopefully can bring something in. You want a bit of quality, pace and directness and that is something we would like to add at some stage."

Promising words but not hopeful he will turn them into anything more with Ashley.

There have been rumours of Ranger's constant lateness in training long before Pardew rolled up and I can't see many being better at putting an arm around the shoulder than Hughton.

How far should we go for Ranger and when does he need to take responsibility?

i'm not saying it's necessarily about putting an arm around a shoulder, i'm saying every personality and situation is different and you put your faith in the manager to be a good judge of what action to take and when. it's pardew's call how far we should go and how much ranger needs to take responsibility.

personally i don't trust pardew at all on this given his past record and coming out and talking about it in the press only further's my dis-trust, whether enrique, ranger or anyone else is in the wrong is a moot point for me, should be handled in house.

Nice to see Pardew can tell the press that Carroll is injured the day before a game, I guess he thinks that nobody at Wigan reads a newspaper or watches TV but everybody at Spurs is on twitter.

I dislike Pardew but you're taking the piss here like. He's entitled to talk about injuries.

I dislike Pardew but you're taking the piss here like. He's entitled to talk about injuries.

The outcome is the same in both situations, you either want the opposition to know you have injuries or you don't.

Unfortunatly it's open season on Pards bashing at the moment. So

we get beat? Blame Pards. Our players underperform? Blame Pards. Our players get injured and he mentions it? Blame Pards. Someone finds a lump of gristle in their pie? Blame Pards!