Alan Pardew

JH

Think we won despite him.

Possibly but winning is all that matters.

True, but i'm not getting involved in blowing Pardew for great tactics. Two poor sides for me.

So when we win it's two poor sides, when we lose to the likes of City and Spurs, nothing to do with the superior quality of the opposition, just Pardew's fault. Right!

Wrong. I didn't comment after those two games. And today there was a lack of quality, could have had 5 if not for that lack of quality.

Sorry mate wasn't targeting you specifically, quite a few in the forum were guilty of what I just described though. If we are to give Pardew a fair chance, then he should be given credit when we he gets things right and we win just as much as criticized when he gets things wrong and we lose. 

Think we won despite him.

Possibly but winning is all that matters.

True, but i'm not getting involved in blowing Pardew for great tactics. Two poor sides for me.

So when we win it's two poor sides, when we lose to the likes of City and Spurs, nothing to do with the superior quality of the opposition, just Pardew's fault. Right!

Wrong. I didn't comment after those two games. And today there was a lack of quality, could have had 5 if not for that lack of quality.

Gotta blame Pards for that lack of quality....

Really hate how he seems to fancy expensive/old players like we did before. Beckham, Keane, Bentley...

Beckham - wouldn't have him at all. Sick wages, old.

Keane - ok for loan, but nothing else. On his way down.

Bentley - injury-prone and way too expensive in comparison to quality.

I'm not sure we would have got the results we did against Liverpool and Wigan if CH had still been in charge. Of course we'll never know for sure ?

It just seemed that his team were no longer up for it and his final game against WBA - who were poor themselves - they just handed the points over.

Hughton did a wonderful job for this football club and will never be forgotten but maybe getting rid was a very brave and timely decision despite being universally unpopular.

I'm not sure we would have got the results we did against Liverpool and Wigan if CH had still been in charge. Of course we'll never know for sure ?

It just seemed that his team were no longer up for it and his final game against WBA - who were poor themselves - they just handed the points over.

Hughton did a wonderful job for this football club and will never be forgotten but maybe getting rid was a very brave and timely decision despite being universally unpopular.

I would be tempted to put the slight drop-off in form down to the moral-lowering effect of Hughton's impending sacking, rather than the fact the players weren't playing for him anymore.

I would be tempted to put the slight drop-off in form down to the moral-lowering effect of Hughton's impending sacking, rather than the fact the players weren't playing for him anymore.

That might be tempting, but how does that fit in with the apparent shock from the players when he was disposed of?

Guest BooBoo

Our last two away games under Hughton were awful, I liked the man but there was a sense that something was wrong in those games. We had absolutely zero fight about us.