Alan Pardew

JH

Turned out to be a pretty regretable decision but the amount of wisdom in hindsight being churned out is quite pukeworthy.

Must be a few on here waiting for the Barcelona job as they seem to know so much about managing football teams.

Wisdom in hindsight is a very cheap commodity lads.

So knowing that you shouldn't risk your most influential player who is a defensive midfielder in a game that you're 2-0 down in qualifies you to manage Barcelona, brilliant but hardly reducing the number of applicants.

I watched the game in a crowded pub and to the best of my knowledge not one person said anything or complained about the substitution when Tiote came on. In some cases quite the opposite.

After the game a few had already started grumbling about what a bad decision it was.

It may well be that you had sufficient foresight to criticise the substitution when he came on, but if we're honest, you're in a small minority.

Like I said wisdom in hindsight is worth very little, but theres an awful lot of it about.

Genuine question: is there a scenario whereby you get beat on Sunday and Pardew won't get lambasted?

Unless its an active piece of unimaginable foul play and the ref is to blame I can't see it personally.

I watched the game in a crowded pub and to the best of my knowledge not one person said anything or complained about the substitution when Tiote came on. In some cases quite the opposite.

After the game a few had already started grumbling about what a bad decision it was.

It may well be that you had sufficient foresight to criticise the substitution when he came on, but if we're honest, you're in a small minority.

Like I said wisdom in hindsight is worth very little, but theres an awful lot of it about.

The only reason I could think of bringing him on would have been if we were trying to hold onto a lead, even then it would have been questionable considering we finished with 10 men against West Ham.

Genuine question: is there a scenario whereby you get beat on Sunday and Pardew won't get lambasted?

Fair question, that.  I expect a narrow defeat and would be hugely pleased with a draw.  Wouldn't have expected any better under Hughton given our relative trajectories since our last meeting.

I'm giving Pardew a chance personally, but I do think he's a bit of twat and it'll take a while until I'm convinced, if at all.  I'm just delighted we're on 28 points.  The job's not done, but surely we can't fuck it up from here (touch wood, soz to jinx, etc).  To an extent, it's next season I'm more worried about now.

Fair question, that.  I expect a narrow defeat and would be hugely pleased with a draw.  Wouldn't have expected any better under Hughton given our relative trajectories since our last meeting.

I'm giving Pardew a chance personally, but I do think he's a bit of twat and it'll take a while until I'm convinced, if at all.  I'm just delighted we're on 28 points.  The job's not done, but surely we can't fuck it up from here (touch wood, soz to jinx, etc).  To an extent, it's next season I'm more worried about now.

I echo these sentiments.

The only reason I could think of bringing him on would have been if we were trying to hold onto a lead, even then it would have been questionable considering we finished with 10 men against West Ham.

You may be missing my point, I'm not arguing that it was a regretable decision to bring him on, and had I been in Pardew's shoes I wouldn't have made that change. So on that we agree.

My point is that there are quite a few who said nowt as he came on, some who even cheered his introduction but are now criticising that decision.

Like I said wisdom in hindsight..........

You may be missing my point, I'm not arguing that it was a regretable decision to bring him on, and had I been in Pardew's shoes I wouldn't have made that change. So on that we agree.

My point is that there are quite a few who said nowt as he came on, some who even cheered his introduction but are now criticising that decision.

So fucking what? The decision was made by Pardew, not anyone on here. It went wrong.

A lot of people in the match thread criticised the decision before it happened and as and when it was happening. Was blatantly a disaster waiting to happen.

I've just been through the match thread and only 2 people wanted Tiote to be involved, everybody else was against him playing any part in the game.

A lot of people in the match thread criticised the decision before it happened and as and when it was happening. Was blatantly a disaster waiting to happen.

Only a couple (take a look) remarked that it was not a smart move with him being on 9 yellows, myself included although not on here.

A LOT criticised the decision AfTER the tackle and sending off.

Obviously was a disaster waiting to happen.

So f***ing what? The decision was made by Pardew, not anyone on here. It went wrong.

Good point. Well made.

Guest neesy111

Too many people are focusing on one decision by Pardew tbh, it was a bad decision all round but I've seen all managers make mistakes and they will continue to do so.  The fact is going forward we should not be relying on one midfielder to help 2-3 others play better and that is the bigger problem imo in all of this.

Only a couple (take a look) remarked that it was not a smart move with him being on 9 yellows, myself included although not on here.

He's on eight yellows.

Too many people are focusing on one decision by Pardew tbh, it was a bad decision all round but I've seen all managers make mistakes and they will continue to do so.  The fact is going forward we should not be relying on one midfielder to help 2-3 others play better and that is the bigger problem imo in all of this.

We are what we are and at this time we are reliant on Tiote and Pardew has screwed up. 

He's on eight yellows.

Really. Pardew should have had him on from the start in that case  :doh:

Guest neesy111

Too many people are focusing on one decision by Pardew tbh, it was a bad decision all round but I've seen all managers make mistakes and they will continue to do so.  The fact is going forward we should not be relying on one midfielder to help 2-3 others play better and that is the bigger problem imo in all of this.

We are what we are and at this time we are reliant on Tiote and Pardew has screwed up.  

It wasn't Pardew that went in recklessly into a challenge though was it, something that seems to be missed from all of this.  This was always going to happen at somepoint with Tiote this season tbh.  To lame the whole blame on Pardew is totally out of order and shows that many on here just have an agenda against the guy.

It wasn't Pardew that went in recklessly into a challenge though was it, something that seems to be missed from all of this.  This was always going to happen at somepoint with Tiote this season tbh.

It hasn't been missed that it was Tiote and not Pardew who made the challenge which got him sent off, it was Pardew who sent him on to the pitch in the first place.  Without doing that he would have been free to play this weekend.

Pardew seems too arrogant to learn from any mistakes he will make. He's come here as the complete manager in his and Ashleys eyes, him even admitting to himself he's in the wrong would signal weakness which he believes he doesn't have. I feel there is no chance of him learning from any mistakes he's made which was my main hope with Hughton.

Too many people are focusing on one decision by Pardew tbh, it was a bad decision all round but I've seen all managers make mistakes and they will continue to do so.  The fact is going forward we should not be relying on one midfielder to help 2-3 others play better and that is the bigger problem imo in all of this.

I've got a feeling no one knows that better than the man himself right now !

To paraphrase, we are where we are right now and we're missing Tiote for 3 games, so regretable as it is we'll just have to get on with life without him, as best we can.

Pardew seems too arrogant to learn from any mistakes he will make. He's come here as the complete manager in his and Ashleys eyes, him even admitting to himself he's in the wrong would signal weakness which he believes he doesn't have. I feel there is no chance of him learning from any mistakes he's made which was my main hope with Hughton.

I don't think he'll learn either, at Southampton he was supposed to reach the play-offs and went for a Mickey Mouse trophy instead, missing out on the play-offs.

I've got a feeling no one knows that better than the man himself right now !

To paraphrase, we are where we are right now and we're missing Tiote for 3 games, so regretable as it is we'll just have to get on with life without him, as best we can.

We'll see.

Guest neesy111

To lame the whole blame on Pardew is totally out of order and shows that many on here just have an agenda against the guy.

What agenda do people have and why?

Some people on here have been OTT with their criticism of Pardew about this decision imo that is all.