Alan Pardew

JH

Guest sicko2ndbest

My company cleans offices and one of the directors of an office we clean is a lifelong Hammers fan and in a conversation I had with him regarding Pardew the other day he basically said, in summary:

He is a patter merchant who loves the sound of his own voice and will talk s*** to the press daily if allowed.

He will sign some good unknowns and some duds but will generally come out on top in the transfer market.

One week we'll play good football the next long ball.

We will do better against the better sides, not so good against the lesser sides.

Will thrash a team or two and be thrashed likewise.

Will be a mid-table side who could threaten top 6 on our day but more than likely to hover between top 10 and below.

He will fall out with players.

He will eventually piss of fans, players, media and board and be booted.

He did say however that this being NUFC or rather Mike Ashley's NUFC to quote him, Pardew is not likely to last that long anyway. The overall impression I got was that Pardew has some good ideas and isn't too bad a guy but he rubs people up the wrong way with the way he handles certain situations and players via the press. His hero is Mourinho apparently too which could explain the media angle with him.

I did ask the guy what he thinks of Pardew today and he said he took them up, signed some good players, finished mid-table (threatening more) and took them close to an FA Cup win, one of their better managers in recent years who shouldn't have been sacked.

:dontknow:

My feelings on Pardew are that he's a complete fuckwit and will be a huge disaster here but the West Ham fan in question is a clever lad who isn't your typical over emotional and reactionary type of fan, he's fairly well balanced with his views and seems to rate Pardew but thinks because its NUFC and the way we seem to work, Pardew or no Pardew it doesn't matter, they are all destined to fail, something he says is not too dissimilar to how West Ham operate by the way.

If he moves us to the same position he has done his job.

Guest Howaythetoon

My company cleans offices and one of the directors of an office we clean is a lifelong Hammers fan and in a conversation I had with him regarding Pardew the other day he basically said, in summary:

He is a patter merchant who loves the sound of his own voice and will talk s*** to the press daily if allowed.

He will sign some good unknowns and some duds but will generally come out on top in the transfer market.

We will do better against the better sides, not so good against the lesser sides.

Will be a mid-table side who could threaten top 6 on our day but more than likely to hover between top 10 and below.

He did say however that this being NUFC or rather Mike Ashley's NUFC to quote him, Pardew is not likely to last that long anyway. The overall impression I got was that Pardew has some good ideas and isn't too bad a guy but he rubs people up the wrong way with the way he handles certain situations and players via the press. His hero is Mourinho apparently too which could explain the media angle with him.

I did ask the guy what he thinks of Pardew today and he said he took them up, signed some good players, finished mid-table (threatening more) and took them close to an FA Cup win, one of their better managers in recent years who shouldn't have been sacked.

My feelings on Pardew are that he's a complete fuckwit and will be a huge disaster here but the West Ham fan in question is a clever lad who isn't your typical over emotional and reactionary type of fan, he's fairly well balanced with his views and seems to rate Pardew but thinks because its NUFC and the way we seem to work, Pardew or no Pardew it doesn't matter, they are all destined to fail, something he says is not too dissimilar to how West Ham operate by the way.

If he moves us to the same position he has done his job.

I don't know because Hughton was more than capable of moving us towards that type of position and probably higher. Only he had the added caveat of being a nice guy, genuine and totally honest, not to mention someone who had the faith of the fans and press alike. I guess I'm saying Pardew is not just a sideways step but a backwards one too, an appointment I can't fathom and never will. Given the circumstances of his appointment he has to do a significantly better job than Hughton to justify his appointment. Although I would settle for top 10, a Cup final appearance and some decent players brought in, Pardew or whoever as that's the type of club we are at the moment under Ashley and co.

Guest GeordieAce

He is a patter merchant who loves the sound of his own voice and will talk shit to the press daily if allowed.

I've noticed that, never misses a chance to get involved with the media or answer daft questions. He loves the limelight.

most managers are knobs though

The good managers you can count on one hand and it makes no difference if they are knobs. Mourinho and Fergie can just point to the trophy cabinet. The rest like Pardew, Strachan, Souness etc can talk a good game but it's just that at the moment.

The good managers you can count on one hand and it makes no difference if they are knobs. Mourinho and Fergie can just point to the trophy cabinet. The rest like Pardew, Strachan, Souness etc can talk a good game but it's just that at the moment.

not too sure about that. i'd doubt fergie or morinho could take a mediocre side at the moment and turn them into anything special without strong financial backing.

as for pardew talking too much, he says about as much as other managers just we aren't used to it after having hughton for a while. my own take on it is that if i were a manager i'd be fined every week for not talking to the press.

If the decision to sack CH is going to have any credibility then the replacement manager has to convince us that he's making a difference. Up until Stevenage (which was a complete embarrassment)  I was onside. We'd lost to two very good sides but we'd done the scousers which, even given their problems, was a good result. We'd also lifted maximum points off Wigan and WHam without Andy Carroll.

IMO the key to making a difference is getting important results when key players are missing and AP had done that. It's hypothetical (of course) but you have to wonder if Leon Best would have scored that match changing hat trick if CH was in charge that night, in fact would he have even been on the pitch? Now the test is for AP to get some acceptable results without Tiote. And yes you have to question the wisdom of bringing Tiote on in the Stevenage game. Obviously AP thought Tiote would kill the midfield and totally prevent Stevenage having the ball and so give us a chance to get back in the match. It backfired horribly. Sunderland away is a tough game and if we gets anything he's done alright. We've then got the Yids at home and Fulham away. For me anything over 3 points is an ok return from the next 3 games.

not too sure about that. i'd doubt fergie or morinho could take a mediocre side at the moment and turn them into anything special without strong financial backing.

as for pardew talking too much, he says about as much as other managers just we aren't used to it after having hughton for a while. my own take on it is that if i were a manager i'd be fined every week for not talking to the press.

Fergie and Mourinho teams have tremendous team spirit aside from the trophies. Players believe in their manager. There's a fine line between arrogance and being a prick. I take the point raised by quayside that Pardew could probably take a lot credit for the Best hatrick and he was winning me over. The Stevenage game was a hard landing though. While it's not fair to judge too harshly on one game it's pretty difficult to make that many mistakes in one game and still look like a bloke who knows what you're doing.

You can't put Bobby's success on the same level as Keegan's, man. There's no comparison.

There is a comparison, Keegan probably just comes out on top, Bobby wins in European football while Keegan wins in domestic football.

You can't put Bobby's success on the same level as Keegan's, man. There's no comparison.

There is a comparison, Keegan probably just comes out on top, Bobby wins in European football while Keegan wins in domestic football.

keegan wins for me, lower starting point and reached the highest. (for us that is, robson is a country mile ahead over his career.)

keegan wins for me, lower starting point and reached the highest. (for us that is, robson is a country mile ahead over his career.)

I wouldn't argue that Keegan wins it, just not by much.  Keegan had it quite good after his first season when he kept us out of the third division.  It shouldn't be forgotten that when Bobby came in we were 13th and had hardly a pot to piss in and his first two seasons were a re-building job.

I wouldn't argue that Keegan wins it, just not by much.  Keegan had it quite good after his first season when he kept us out of the third division.  It shouldn't be forgotten that when Bobby came in we were 13th and had hardly a pot to piss in and his first two seasons were a re-building job.

13th?I thought we were bottom.

I'm not 100% like.

Guest neesy111

Keegan's success for me far outweigh's Bobby's tbh.

From bottom of the old 2nd division to 3rd in 2 1/2 years amazing.  It was Keegan that put this club back on the map, and the Entertainers is still to me the best football this country has seen.

While Bobby is 2nd by quite a margin though.  I have never got this he saved us from relegation relating to when Bobby came in, the only reason we were struggling was because of Gullit's shocking management style.  What Robson did well was to add the right players to the squad and get rid of all of the dross from the Dalgleish and Gullit reign.

Me and my dad have discussed this, can anyone remember a bad keegan signing in his 1st spell at the club?  I can't remember one at all, maybe the timing of Tino's signing was a mistake.

From bottom of the old 2nd division to 3rd in 2 1/2 years amazing.  It was Keegan that put this club back on the map, and the Entertainers is still to me the best football this country has seen.

While Bobby is 2nd by quite a margin though.  I have never got this he saved us from relegation relating to when Bobby came in, the only reason we were struggling was because of Gullit's shocking management style.  What Robson did well was to add the right players to the squad and get rid of all of the dross from the Dalgleish and Gullit reign.

Me and my dad have discussed this, can anyone remember a bad keegan signing in his 1st spell at the club?  I can't remember one at all, maybe the timing of Tino's signing was a mistake.

keegan did very well but he did spend a lot for the time compared to sir bob

but hey both were absolutely fantastic managers for us

While Bobby is 2nd by quite a margin though.  I have never got this he saved us from relegation relating to when Bobby came in, the only reason we were struggling was because of Gullit's shocking management style.  What Robson did well was to add the right players to the squad and get rid of all of the dross from the Dalgleish and Gullit reign.

What Keegan did was fantastic as was the football.  Bobby did save us from relegation as I'm sure that without him we'd have been right in the s***.  The players were all devoid of any morale and we had a few players who just didn't seem interested in playing for the club, we’d also spent a fortune and he had to sell to buy.

Keegan came in and had plenty of money to spend once he'd kept us in the 2nd division and yes he had some bad buys, all managers do.  He had more than his fair share of good buys which more than made uo for it.