Alan Pardew

JH

Wonder what Chris Hughton would of done... probably left the second half talk to Nolan seeing as he was the real manager  :lol:

Oh come on bloody hell. Hughton would never have let us go down to bloody 4-0 down in the first place. IIRC when he was in charge we BEAT the gooners 1-0 didn't even bloody need to comeback. I mean credit where credits due Pardew must have done a good team talk and well done for that. The match was unbeliavable and I loved it but still going 4-0 down is still very bad when compared to not conceding and winning 1-0 isn't it.

Bolton away never happened in your world i guess.

Yes it did happen but so did beating Aston Villa 6-0 and the Mackems 5-1. Yet to see results like that under Pardew.

West Ham & Liverpool at home never happened in your world either i see.

i could have beaten west ham on my own that night

Wonder what Chris Hughton would of done... probably left the second half talk to Nolan seeing as he was the real manager  :lol:

Oh come on bloody hell. Hughton would never have let us go down to bloody 4-0 down in the first place. IIRC when he was in charge we BEAT the gooners 1-0 didn't even bloody need to comeback. I mean credit where credits due Pardew must have done a good team talk and well done for that. The match was unbeliavable and I loved it but still going 4-0 down is still very bad when compared to not conceding and winning 1-0 isn't it.

Bolton away never happened in your world i guess.

Yes it did happen but so did beating Aston Villa 6-0 and the Mackems 5-1. Yet to see results like that under Pardew.

West Ham & Liverpool at home never happened in your world either i see.

i could have beaten west ham on my own that night

For your bullshit posting I will just reply that I could have beaten Villa whilst sleeping, don't have to post nonsense is you want to make a point

One thing that keeps cropping up in my mind is that, one of the supposed main reason he was brought in was that he could be better trusted in the transfer market.

Now, looking at how January panned out i'm beginning to wonder, he could be better trusted to do what?

One thing that keeps cropping up in my mind is that, one of the supposed main reason he was brought in was that he could be better trusted in the transfer market.

Now, looking at how January panned out i'm beginning to wonder, he could be better trusted to do what?

shhhh, we arent allowed to mention that.  i aint warming to him and never will.  his open, honest interview on sat was only because he couldnt hide from facts presented about his previous comments. facts are he currently manages a weaker team than when he arrived.

Was it? Who gave that reason?

not ask for any spending money?

Perhaps you can link us to an official list of the reasons Hughton was replaced by Pardew.

By the way that is one of the most sensible reasons they could have had for replacing Hughton with Pardew. For some reason I highly doubt you are amongst those who believe it was just because he's their mate etc. Not that you'd admit it anyway.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Pardew said in his pre match press conference yesterday that before we brought in Kuqi we had been offered "two or three players" (Aliadiere / Ewerthon ?) but he had "serious doubts about their fitness and mentality".

Good job we got the injured Irish nutjob in from the Villa then.

Didn't think so.

There's been no official reasoning whatsoever given by the club. So presumably they don't know either, going by your logic.

And Hughton has said himself, that they did not give him a reason for his sacking.

Didn't think so.

There's been no official reasoning whatsoever given by the club. So presumably they don't know either, going by your logic.

And Hughton has said himself, that they did not give him a reason for his sacking.

Code for racially motivated tbh.

For all the theories, it wouldn't surprise me if it was simply a case of Pardew's wages being less than what Hughton was wanting in his new contract.

Low wages, knows Dekka, v.unlikely to kick up a fuss with the board, media friendly.

By the way that is one of the most sensible reasons they could have had for replacing Hughton with Pardew. For some reason I highly doubt you are amongst those who believe it was just because he's their mate etc. Not that you'd admit it anyway.

Nope the simplest reason was that Hughton was likely gonna get us down, not good enough for the Premiership! Our form especially at home has improved greatly under Pardew not that you'd ever admit that!

There's been no official reasoning whatsoever given by the club.

That's what I thought.

So pardon me wondering where the "the supposed main reason he was brought in" stuff came from.

And no, I am not "amongst those who believe it was just because he's their mate etc."

So why do you believe they made the change, given that there's nothing official? Is it really such an outrageous suggestion that one of the reasons is because they think Pardew will be better in the transfer market?

Golfmag said from the start the reasoning was that pardew would be less pally with the players and so would make it easier for the club to cash in on players. everything he's said has materialised so far so i'll stick with his info.

as for knowing pardew before he was appointed, pardew himself said he'd met llambias 8 or 9 times at various events so they were certainly acquainted with one another. you think that kind of networking had nothing to do with why he got the job?