Alan Pardew

JH

Think he told the players how to run the clock down :iamatwat:

can admit that he is doing it pretty good right now. but will properly judge him the next season. I don´t want to have another Roeder. Hoping for the best.

Doing a very good job,  just needs to cut the chat abit and not give the press the cliche stories ie big club, great support blah blah, just concentrate on doing the business on the pitch.  I will say though that he's made us a better team now than we were under Hughton,  all from just getting us pressing the ball higher up the pitch.

I think he trusts the players a bit more than Hughton does, he gives the likes of Enrique and Coloccini more licence to move further up the pitch and do their own thing. Under CH we were a well drilled team, disciplined but very predictable in terms of attack and i think Pardew has definitely made us more expansive but impressively has managed to maintain that solidity CH instilled. Great work so far.

He seems to be proving to be more progressive than Hughton, goes for it a bit more. He says that's his philosophy and I think we're now seeing evidence of that. It's good work. Early days, but it feels like he's taking us on.

So far, nobody can knock what Pardew has achieved ; there was a real risk that the team spirit could have gone into freefall after Hughton's sacking and then Pardew had to deal with the Carroll transfer which put his credibility on the spot but he has got the team playing as a unit and to what strengths they possess;

His decision to give Best a chance has been rewarded and the side have looked, with the exception of the Arsenal game, as if they are unlikely to concede many goals so you have to give him credit for a sound performance under difficult circumstances - so far.

I remember KK saying, when commenting about Ashley and Co after Hughton's sacking, that Alan was, in his words, 'a good lad', so Keegan must have thought Pardew had something.

If he keeps us up - and it looks as if a couple more wins should do that - he has done a very good job this season. His biggest test will come when he needs to strengthen the side and fend off bids for the better players in summer but so far, the signs are good.

Let's hope he doesn't self-destruct as has happened at other clubs for various reasons.

And the skipper also waxed lyrical about the current performance levels.

He added: “People keep looking at the opposition, but I like to give credit to what we do. What the gaffer’s been working on has been fantastic.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/16/kevin-nolan-salutes-fighting-spirit-from-nufc-72703-28179883/2/#ixzz1E8P8fj7I

Pardew mentioned how the plan to counter Birmingham's diagonal crosses worked. While I previously thought he was just a gobshite I'm starting to think he might have more tactical nous than some of us were prepared to concede. The players seem to enjoy his methods and that tells us something. Just need to see how he fares in the transfer market now, otherwise I'm on board.

I think his decision to bring on Nile Ranger when Peter Lovenkrands got injured says a lot about his philosophy. It would have been easy putting on someone like Guthrie instead when we were 2-0 up, but he still wanted to play with two forwards and push for that 3rd goal instead of playing it safe and just defend the lead. I like that  :clap:.

and then he takes out Jonas and brings in Sol... I get your point, but I can´t say that just that aspect was that impressive :colo:

Nah, but that last sub was with 3 minutes to go and was probably just to give Sol a feeling of 'being a part of the team', before Saylor comes back and pushes him down as 4th choice CB.

My point was, that you see a lot of managers in his situation taking of a striker and replacing him with a defender og midfielder, when they are 2-0 up and there's 30 minutes to go.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Andy-Carroll-cost-a-highly-unusual-30million-up-front-plus-25-of-any-sell-on-fee-as-Newcastle-played-hardball-on-transfer-deadline-day-article700813.html

"I still go back to my first week when I went into a petrol station at minus-three degrees and I bumped into one of our fans, a bloke of about 43, who had the full kit on and he was asking me questions. That took some beating.

:facepalm:

Good piece on him in the mirror.

He appears to be very thorough.

I'm going to go as far as to say I'm really starting to like him.

i'm liking what he's doing on the pitch, we seem hard to beat and things like playing the ball into the gap between centre half and full back and having a forward gamble on going there (loven off the bar at blackburn then goal at brum to name twice out of a few), basics that all other clubs have done for year and we haven't.

however sometimes he still says stuff and i think "why say that.....keep it indoors you twat"