Alan Pardew

JH

So many assumptions. There's no real reason for any of us to suspect Ashley or Cuntbias were prepared to fund a striker.

Why would they say yes to Ireland but no to any one of Sturridge, Vela, Keane or any other number of strikers on loan instead?

Perhaps because Villa agreed that we'd only pay wages when he was fit?

So many assumptions. There's no real reason for any of us to suspect Ashley or Cuntbias were prepared to fund a striker.

Why would they say yes to Ireland but no to any one of Sturridge, Vela, Keane or any other number of strikers on loan instead?

So we knew he would be injured and that was the reason we signed him?

When I said that at the time, everyone on here said I was mental. Makes the manager worse than scum imo, willingly deceiving the supporters.

When I said that at the time, everyone on here said I was mental. Makes the manager worse than scum imo, willingly deceiving the supporters.

???????

Give over, man. We've no idea how much say Pardew has in the transfers.

Nice get out clause for him in the summer when he signs a right load of old shite as his record suggests he will.

???????

???

Aye. Bet you can't wait.

There's a curious irony on here at the moment where the people who aren't happy about the running of the club are the ones painted as being happy when we lose... how the fuck does that work then?

I'm pig sick of shite like today being churned out fwiw.

I don't accuse you of not celebrating when Lovenkrands scores or being happy when he misses a sitter because it's a fucking nonsense argument and I know you support NUFC so I can't imagine what makes you think I'm happy at this chancer's team churning out one insipid performance after another.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Needs to brush up on his French like. We're in trouble if he "je ne sais quoi" we miss.

That really was an Alan Partridge moment.

‘You can sense on the training ground that our focus has dipped and I am not happy about it.

‘It’s a difficult period when you get past that 40 point mark and we’re experiencing that. The hunger and character of the team is what’s driven us and if we let that fall away then we won’t win. These next two home games are very important to me. We want to finish in the top ten and to send the fans away for the summer looking forward to next year.’

:thup:

Like what he said about Steven Taylor today.

"Steve had a fantastic younger part of his career and then he's hit a bit of levelling-off when he's not gone forward or backwards," said the Newcastle manager.

"That can be dangerous for a player. He needs to get his career moving in the right direction again.

"He's a young centre-half with tremendous qualities and he must have the mentality to use those.

"He was a bit unfortunate when he first came back into the team because he ended up playing in a couple of positions that weren't his favoured one.

"I wanted to see what he could offer at right-back but now he's back playing in his natural position.

"We've changed his training programme and his diet because he was getting too muscular on top.

"We've tried to slim him down a little bit and he looks better for that. He looks quicker.

"Steve's got the technical ability to become an England player but to do that, you've got to be fit every week.

"Unfortunately his fitness and injuries have been a big issue and probably one of the reasons he's flattened out."

‘You can sense on the training ground that our focus has dipped and I am not happy about it.

‘It’s a difficult period when you get past that 40 point mark and we’re experiencing that. The hunger and character of the team is what’s driven us and if we let that fall away then we won’t win. These next two home games are very important to me. We want to finish in the top ten and to send the fans away for the summer looking forward to next year.’

:thup:

Surely his key job as manager is to motivate the players though which by his own admissions here he appears to be failing at?

Sounds like he's trying to bait them into a performance tbh. The "oh, my players have switched off. Not sure if they're up for it. Blah blah blah" shite might just spark a few of them. 

Mentioned a few times but the higher we finish then the more Pardew earns on the contract he's on. Naturally he'll want to finish higher up than maybe the players do and I hope he gets his goal because I feel under the circumstances (popular manager out, nobody wanting him, etc) he's done a sound job imo.