Alan Pardew

JH

With the players we have had on the pitch for the 2nd half of the season we have overachieved

He was partially to blame for being in the position of weakness by having a hand in us selling one of our most important players and bringing nothing in to add to what we had.

I'm not even sure we've over achieved either, we've beat Wigan, West Ham, Birmingham x 2, Wolves and Liverpool.  The Liverpool game was his first in charge and the players said it was for Hughton.  Out of the 5 teams we've won against, 4 were in the bottom 5.

What, the same bottom end teams Hughton didn't manage to beat at home?

Mick man, give it a rest. We all know that under Ashley, our managers don't have the final

say regarding transfers. Read the KK judgement again, it's all there.

Yet Kinnear said he had final say and only Keegan has claimed that he didn't.  Only this week we have been told that one of the reasons Hughton was sacked was because he brought Campbell in.

Has Pardew ever said he has or hasn't got final say?

That bollocks Mick

He had no say it was a board decision.

All of the teams you have listed have had a better strikeforce than us for the 2nd half.

12th with the squad we have had availible is a good effort

Yer Pardew claims that HE told Carroll to hand in his transfer in writing.  Pardew claims that HE was asked if we should accept an earlier bid from Liverpool.  Nothing has been said about the final bid but I don't see why he would be involved earlier and not at the end.  What about players coming in?

Football is a team game, it's not just about who plays up front.

Hughton didn't have a chance of beating West Ham, Wolves or Birmingham at home as far as I can remember.

Guest BooBoo

In terms of recruitment, I do think our managers go to the board for authority to sign players and they (ie Llambias/ Ashley) make assessment on whether the player would be a good acquisition based on a number of factors like age, wages and most importantly whether they will retain their value.

In terms of outgoings, if its a money spinner then Llambias/ Ashley will green light the sale no matter what the manager says and whoever that manager may be. I refuse to consider that the £35million bid arrived and Ashley/ Llambias said "It's a great price but Alan you're the boss, it's your call."

They sold him above and beyond his head and any waffle that Pardew came out with in the press was just lip service to the idea that he wasn't simply doing what he was told. If he'd come out and publically said "Don't blame me, I wanted to keep Andy but my boss told me we had to sell him" it would have blown any chance Pardew had whatsoever of having a working relationship with his employer.

Hughton didn't have a chance of beating West Ham, Wolves or Birmingham at home as far as I can remember.

He had a chance of beating Stoke, Wigan, Blackpool and Blackburn at home - teams we finished above quite comfortably. We got 1 point from 12, and even that was last-ditch.

In terms of recruitment, I do think our managers go to the board for authority to sign players and they (ie Llambias/ Ashley) make assessment on whether the player would be a good acquisition based on a number of factors like age, wages and most importantly whether they will retain their value.

In terms of outgoings, if its a money spinner then Llambias/ Ashley will green light the sale no matter what the manager says and whoever that manager may be. I refuse to consider that the £35million bid arrived and Ashley/ Llambias said "It's a great price but Alan you're the boss, it's your call."

They sold him above and beyond his head and any waffle that Pardew came out with in the press was just lip service to the idea that he wasn't simply doing what he was told. If he'd come out and publically said "Don't blame me, I wanted to keep Andy but my boss told me we had to sell him" it would have blown any chance Pardew had whatsoever of having a working relationship with his employer.

He can't lose can he?

He had a chance of beating Stoke, Wigan, Blackpool and Blackburn at home - teams we finished above quite comfortably. We got 1 point from 12, and even that was last-ditch.

It doesn't matter who you beat, you still get 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

It doesn't matter who you beat, you still get 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

So why mention that four of the five teams we've beaten under Pardew finished in the bottom five?

Hughton had us losing to lesser teams than this with Tiote, Carroll and Ben Arfa in the side. :lol:

He also had us beating better teams with just as bad, Chelsea in the cup for one.

So why mention that four of the five teams we've beaten under Pardew finished in the bottom five?

Because people try to make out that his time here has been better than it actually has.

Because people try to make out that his time here has been better than it actually has.

People also try to make out is his time here has been much worse than it is, he's been decent.

No, people realise that Pardew has had marginally harder fixtures overall and a far weaker squad. Precisely whose decision it was to sell Carroll/for us not to sign anyone of note has nothing to do with it. In terms of pure 'results getting', Pardew has almost certainly done better than Hughton.

Guest BooBoo

Pardew has to take a lot of correct criticism which is justified. He made a balls up at Stevange which lost us Tiote and was indirectly responsible for us losing two late goals v Sunderland and Spurs. His tactics v Stoke and Everton were poor and today he made an almighty mistake in thinking the game was done. We lost points today and I hold Pardew responsible for us finishing 12th rather than 9th.

Having said that, I'll never blame him for Carroll leaving. There's only Ferguson and possibly Wenger in the PL who have the sway with their boards to influence the decision on such a gigantic bid.

We finished above Stoke quite comfortably? By one goal and Pardew had us get beat 4-0. :lol: I remember him getting it in the neck for drawing with Fulham too who Pardew then lost to and finished below! Is just being able to beat the bottom five going to keep us up next season? We need to kick him out now to give ourselves a chance.

Under both managers we've had significant deficiencies. With Hughton we rarely looked like being able to take the intiative at home, our form at SJP was pretty poor. Pardew has underperformed against mid-table side.

Yet they both did a steady job, that's why the summer is so important. So we're good enough to turn sides like Stoke and Bolton over on a regular basis. As it stands, he's done alright with a pretty piss poor squad.

We finished above Stoke quite comfortably? By one goal and Pardew had us get beat 4-0. :lol:

Alright, fine. We finished above the rest comfortably, we just finished above Stoke. We got 1 from 12 at home against those teams no matter which way you dress it up.

I remember him getting it in the neck for drawing with Fulham too who Pardew then lost to and finished below!

Hughton's was a home game. Pardew's was an away game. We played the away game with no Tiote or Carroll and had a strikeforce of Lovenkrands, Best and Ranger (Shola's injury coming in the first 10 minutes = he doesn't count).

Is just being able to beat the bottom five going to keep us up next season? We need to kick him out now to give ourselves a chance.

Both Pardew and Hughton have got results against the top 6 sides. Pardew has had more games against them but without Carroll, and we've gained some creditable results. We also got these same credible results under Hughton.

People also try to make out is his time here has been much worse than it is, he's been decent.

He was supposed to have been an upgrade, our league position suggests that he's not.