Alan Pardew

JH

He was hardly going to say "yes, I've been angling after Chris Hughton's job for weeks". Anyway, surely the club is wise to line up a replacement for Hughton if they know they're going to sack him - would be much worse to fire him and not have any idea who would be coming in.

They had known for months they were going to sack him and Alan Pardew is the best they could come up with?

Bollocks. His apppintment, and the reasons for it, are obvious.

They might have spent more and appointed Jol and still got worse results.

He was hardly going to say "yes, I've been angling after Chris Hughton's job for weeks". Anyway, surely the club is wise to line up a replacement for Hughton if they know they're going to sack him - would be much worse to fire him and not have any idea who would be coming in.

They had known for months they were going to sack him and Alan Pardew is the best they could come up with?

That wasn't the issue we were discussing though, we were talking about the stuff Pardew said about the job and meeting Llambias.

I honestly don't want to debate peoples' mental conspiracy theories about how Pardew owes Ashley massive gambling debts, or he shagged his daughter, or he sold his soul to him in return for the ability to charm any woman.

If the reason is that he gets on with Ashley and Llambias and they trust him, then I don't have a problem with that and it seems eminently sensible. We've seen how it works out when we have a manager who can't work with the owner.

That wasn't the issue we were discussing though, we were talking about the stuff Pardew said about the job and meeting Llambias.

I honestly don't want to debate peoples' mental conspiracy theories about how Pardew owes Ashley massive gambling debts, or he shagged his daughter, or he sold his soul to him in return for the ability to charm any woman.

If the reason is that he gets on with Ashley and Llambias and they trust him, then I don't have a problem with that and it seems eminently sensible. We've seen how it works out when we have a manager who can't work with the owner.

I'd say he bends over more often than Dale Winton on a weekend in Brighton. Which is just the way Ashley/Llambias want it.

Give him a few quid for lowering the wage bill, give him a few quid for pedalling his bullshit, give him a few quid for towing the line when they pick and choose who he gets and who goes.

He'll never have any integrity in my book and I'll happily nail my colours to the 'wouldn't trust a word he says' mast regardless of how he does at NUFC.

The biggest job he'll ever get btw.

Do you really think Jol would want to work for those two? Or any self respecting manager?

There's a few good reasons no other cunt was in for the job.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pardew's doing alright in trying circumstances (working with Ashley and Llambias), except when it comes to playing the "honesty" card. I like a manager who tries to communiucate with the fans but I'd prefer one whose words I had faith in.

Do you really think Jol would want to work for those two? Or any self respecting manager?

My point was he's done okay results wise, there's no guarantee a big name would necessarily have done better.

There were rumours that he got the job so that he could pay back gambling debts to his employers (probably based on people not being able to find another reason for jettisoning a successful and popular manager for a failure from the 3rd division).

Yet the 3rd division failure still managed a better points to games ratio in the league than the successful manager despite playing 6 of the top 7 at home and without a £35 million striker for the majority of it.

Nice one Pards and  :occasion13:!!!

There were rumours that he got the job so that he could pay back gambling debts to his employers (probably based on people not being able to find another reason for jettisoning a successful and popular manager for a failure from the 3rd division).

Yet the 3rd division failure still managed a better points to games ratio in the league than the successful manager despite playing 6 of the top 7 at home and without a £35 million striker for the majority of it.

Nice one Pards and  :occasion13:!!!

Aren't you banned yet?

My point was he's done okay results wise, there's no guarantee a big name would necessarily have done better.

My point was a big name was never in the frame. They could have been offered Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho and it wouldn't have mattered.

They wanted a yes man.

How much do you want our manager to disagree with our owner? Too much and it leads to chaos and resignation. I'm convinced he's trying to convince Ashley to sanction as many signings as possible, beyond that I don't expect much else.

How much do you want our manager to disagree with our owner? Too much and it leads to chaos and resignation. I'm convinced he's trying to convince Ashley to sanction as many signings as possible, beyond that I don't expect much else.

Ian man sometimes you take impartiality to extremes. 

My point is Ian, I want someone with integrity - not an obvious Ashley whelp.

I want a manager who can genuinely fight his corner to protect the good of the team, to demand players in certain positions and to throw the dummy out of the pram when he has to.

Pardew's too busy wiping Mikes jizz from his lips to worry about shit like that.

Ian man sometimes you take impartiality to extremes. 

Sorry, cockney mafia out, boycoutt etc etc.

Exactly...

My point is Ian, I want someone with intergrity - not an obvious Ashley whelp.

I want a manager who can genuinely fight his corner to protect the good of the team, to demand players in certain positions and to throw the dummy out of the pram when he has to.

Pardew's too busy wiping Mikes jizz from his lips to worry about shit like that.

The difference is I believe he is trying to convince Ashley to spend when he can. I believe that, you choose to believe something else, the truth is that nobody has a fucking clue.

The feeling I get from Pardew is that he's quite a genuine guy, that's it really. I'm not saying he'll be able to make Ashley spend big, but nobody would be able to do that... and if they tried too hard they would have to resign.

They wanted a yes man.

jackflash posted some pardew carroll quotes the other day and they were horrifying man

i'd love to see an analysis of his comments since he took over, he's reading fucking scripts imo

Me too - I wish I had the time to compile them.

From his first presser to date, he's been a one-man bullshitting machine.

I remember listening to him after a Monday Night Game and the interviewer asked him about the possibility of Beckham and he said something like, 'you never know, we'd never rule him out, it's a complicated deal with Beckham I should think but he's one that could wear the shirt' which was an absolute heap of shite.

In the same interview he also said he'd be knocking on Mike Ashleys door (the Jan window had just opened - it was after a 1-0 win with Amoebi scoring but can't remember the opposition) - for another offensive player as we were very light.

We subsequently sold AC and only brought in Kuqi.

The difference is I believe he is trying to convince Ashley to spend when he can. I believe that, you choose to believe something else, the truth is that nobody has a fucking clue.

The feeling I get from Pardew is that he's quite a genuine guy, that's it really. I'm not saying he'll be able to make Ashley spend big, but nobody would be able to do that... and if they tried too hard they would have to resign.

So, you don't think there's any truth in Golfmags post about the reasons he was appointed?

I've never seen anyone defend these cunts as staunchly as you do.

What do you owe them?

I've never seen anyone defend these cunts as staunchly as you do.

What do you owe them?

That's not an argument, so I won't dignify it with a response.

So, you don't think there's any truth in Golfmags post about the reasons he was appointed?

Maybe, I can't remember what the specific claims were TBH. If you mean because he's mates with Llambias and/or Ashley, then I don't think that means he can't perform his job as well as anyone could under their ownership.

For me Pardew's reign has been pretty well all positives so far. I still hate the way Hughton was treated but I can't hold that against his replacement.

Maybe, I can't remember what the specific claims were TBH. If you mean because he's mates with Llambias and/or Ashley, then I don't think that means he can't perform his job as well as anyone could under their ownership.

For me Pardew's reign has been pretty well all positives so far. I still hate the way Hughton was treated but I can't hold that against his replacement.

Remuneration based on reducing operating costs e.g. the wage bill.