Alan Pardew

JH

I think if Nolan had been playing they'd have had even more free reign to do what they wanted. And you could argue if Kenny hadn't made a finger tip save we might have nicked it ourselves. Did Krul make a save tonight?

I'm not defending Nolan, I just don't think he'd have been as much of a handicap tonight as some were.  As for Krul, I think he made one save which was as much down to poor attacking by them than anything else.

Tonight wasn't the sort of game to play free-flowing football. Aye we were poor, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

I can see us playing much better at Villa on Saturday.

:lol:

Did someone forget to tell QPR?

Completely missed the point there. They're the home team, new owner, newly promoted, new team...

Why should that make us resort to Stoke tactics though? Especially considering a whole none of the signings we brought in this summer are suited to said tactics meaning playing that way could be seen as actively handicapping ourselves.

Pardew himself has said we weren't good tonight. Do you think that's how he set us out to play? Sometimes though you have to adapt and with SWP & Taarabt running us ragged you can't always play the way you want.

He could have fooled me if it wasn't how we were set up to play. Also, their winger and playmaker having good game = we can't try to pass, lets hoof it? That seems to be your point?

I'm saying on a night where their main two threats were better than Jonas & Cabaye, I can't blame us for being more direct.

So we should revert to Stoke whenever someone has a good game against us then?

When key players like Jonas & Tiote are playing poorly, two key factors to what would be our best style of play, what would you suggest?

For starters, no Shola, instead put a man (Marveaux or Sammy perhaps?) in the hole with one up front. Have that man drop just a little bit deeper, thus giving Tiote and Cabaye more options when on the ball, hopefully freeing up some of the pressure on them and letting them play a bit more whilst also providing somewhat of a link between the midfield and the box. As for Jonas, I think most of his problems could have been solved simply by playing our new supposedly competent left back, in the hope that some of the defensive pressure on Jonas will be lifted and giving him a reasonably effective option with regards to link up play (which is IMO how he was most effective last season, when he was linking up with Jose). Just my tuppence like.

Tonight wasn't the sort of game to play free-flowing football. Aye we were poor, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

I can see us playing much better at Villa on Saturday.

Every game should be the sort of game to play free flowing football with the kind of players we have.

Pretty sure Nut told me we'd be playing free-flowing football almost by default without Nolan in the side. Wonder what happened there.

I doubt we'd have had a point tonight if Nolan was in that midfield that's for sure.

Or we might have managed to look like scoring.

Yeah, after conceding five. Imagine Nolan alongside Tiote in his current form. Ha!!!

Such a simplistic view of things, you'd think we never won a game with Nolan in the side.  I very much like the look of Cabaye but he was invisible tonight and doesn't carry the same goal threat.  Who's to say Tiote didn't enjoy playing alongside Nolan anyway?  Really don't see how having Nolan in the team tonight would have meant that QPR would have scored a few of their countless sitters, however we might just have scrambled one in ourselves from a set piece or something.  In reality I'd have liked to have seen all three in the middle with a couple of wingers either side, or at the least the option of bringing a goalscorer off the bench but we're covering old ground.

Only decent chance was Best's which he created himself.  He is sadly looking like our only goal threat at the minute.

You point Taxfree is daft.

Of course Santon could have done worse. What if a misplaced pass of his let their striker in to win the game?

Raylor is a huge liability. He was awful. Why not give the natural left back, who also happens to be very talented, a shot? Just give over - you don't have a point. At all.

I'm counting the days until Pardew is sacked in all honesty. Looks like first impressions are sometimes the best ones, and his starting line ups this season have just made me remember this was the clueless twat who dropped Mascherano and Tevez from his sides at West Ham under media and fan pressure. I really don't think he has a clue about setting up a team to play football and it's starting to show with every change to the squad which isn't geared towards the long ball game. The points we have got this season have been despite this bell end and not due to his tactical know how.

Of course Santon could have done worse. What if a misplaced pass of his let their striker in to win the game?

Raylor is a huge liability. He was awful. Why not give the natural left back, who also happens to be very talented, a shot? Just give over - you don't have a point. At all.

I remember when Man Utd signed a superior highly-talented left-back, and he was torn apart by Sinclair (probably a similar standard then, to SWP now?) and was brought off half-time.

I can't wait till Pardew goes either as there'll be a whole host of top managers just begging to work under the discredited Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias.

I remember when Man Utd signed a superior highly-talented left-back, and he was torn apart by Sinclair (probably a similar standard then, to SWP now?) and was brought off half-time.

Sounds good, Nutter  :thup:

:lol: :lol:

Evra turned out pretty good mate.

Less of a risk playing a (somewhat) unknown quantity than playing a left back who you know is shit and is being targeted though isn't it.

Yep but it didn't do Man Utd any favours that day did it? Granted R.Taylor was shocking tonight as well like...

http://www.magnetick.co.uk/media/gbu0/prodsm/magnetic-paper-a4-a3.jpg

http://www.indiatalkies.com/images/cracks-7871s.jpg

Starting to think that when he says "new style" that he's referring to his suits and hair.

Yep but it didn't do Man Utd any favours that day did it? Granted R.Taylor was shocking tonight as well like...

They'd play him ahead of Raylor every day of the week. Just as we should with Santon.

I can't wait till Pardew goes either as there'll be a whole host of top managers just begging to work under the discredited Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias.

Honestly don't think John Carver could pick worse sides than the ones Pardew has started with this season. We got passed off the park by a Neil Warnock side for ffs. At least Warnock had the balls to play his new signings while Pardew hid behind Ryan Taylor and Shola Ameobi. Pardew doesn't have a clue, every change he makes from the side he originally picks improves us incrementally. I feel sorry for the players who have to start the game with his team selections.

But he got thrown in too early!! We'll forget that, if you need to adapt to your new league/team, you're never going to properly do so until you start playing competitive matches.

Didn't make the right subs quick enough. I'm interested to see how long it takes for Marveaux, Santon, Ba, etc. to get into the squad with him. I thought at least Marveaux should have been out there from the start.

Marveaux looked great in the five minutes he had, as did Ba. The players he didn't pick just made Pardew look a bigger prick when they eventually were allowed on the pitch with their intelligent football. Pardew's game plan is non-existent. He doesn't know how to use the players he's got and his time would be better spent sitting in the stands at QPR admiring Barton and then nipping across London to have a pint with Kevin Nolan. Just fuck off and do it sooner rather than later you fraud.

Didn't make the right subs quick enough. I'm interested to see how long it takes for Marveaux, Santon, Ba, etc. to get into the squad with him. I thought at least Marveaux should have been out there from the start.

I agree about Marveaux, didn't he play for 120 minutes in the cup?  He must be capable of 90 minutes in the league.

Either these players (taking specifically Ba and Marveaux) aren't fit yet or Pardew simply doesn't rate them more highly than the players who are still starting games, like Ameobi, Lovenkrands and to a certain degree Obertan. Pretty fucking concerning either way tbh. Likewise Gosling not even making the squad.

Did Pardew really want these players or were they just signed because they were cheap?