Alan Pardew

JH

I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley and Llambias see our current position as being our level and do something at the end of the season if we finish too much lower than where we are now.

If we qualify for Europe, the fans, players and manager will expect investment and we will need it if we are to compete in Europe and maintain this level in the league next year. I don't think this regime have any intention of spending the money required, so it's almost inevitable we'll go backwards.

I think the investment has been pretty good this season, if not from a net total perspective, but the quality of players coming in has been top class for the money we've spent. The squad available we had today was worth more than ten times what Wolves could put out. It's not Ashley's fault if Pardew wants to play as if he's in charge of Wolves squad rather than a team of highly skilled footballers from all over the world.

What pisses me off as much as anything is that we have the best spine to a team that I can remember for years.  Krul, Taylor when fit, Coloccini, Tiote, Cabaye, Ba and Cisse.  Very few teams can match that. We have a very good keeper, a very good central defence, a very good central midfield and a very good central attack yet they play as if they don't know each other as we can't link up our game.

I think the investment has been pretty good this season, if not from a net total perspective, but the quality of players coming in has been top class for the money we've spent. The squad available we had today was worth more than ten times what Wolves could put out. It's not Ashley's fault if Pardew wants to play as if he's in charge of Wolves squad rather than a team of highly skilled footballers from all over the world.

There is no doubting the quality of the players that the scouting team at the club have identified and brought in and if it was down to Pardew to be brining in the talent I'd be dismayed if Ashley gave him the cash to buy a pack of Panini stickers. 

After a year or so playing for this bell-end though I'd be very surprised if most of the talented players won't be looking for a way out.

There is no doubting the quality of the players that the scouting team at the club have identified and brought in and if it was down to Pardew to be brining in the talent I'd be dismayed if Ashley gave him the cash to buy a pack of Panini stickers. 

After a year or so playing for this bell-end though I'd be very surprised if most of the talented players won't be looking for a way out.

if it was down to Pardew I reckon we'd have been celebrating signing Jay Bothroyd rather than Papa Cisse tbh.

Fans starting to see through Pards now I think, yes we are sitting up high in the table but I'm not convinced that's down to Pardew.  More like the players and a bit of blind luck.

Its starting to look like Allardyce football in fact has been for a while, today was as bad as it gets.  2 nil up on a terrible wolves and we almost got beaten.

he's a frustrating manager, that guy from espn has got it right,  he said when pardew was at west ham they did not play attractive football , it was direct, hoof long ball, he said that about everyone of pardews teams play the exact same way.

he also said Alan Pardew was a con man, the type that would tell you his teams play attractive football but in actual fact its just direct football.  And also called Pardew an Egomaniac.

skip forward to 12:50

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/61504.html?genre=6;sport=3

Wow, never seen that. The bald bloke is scarily accurate with what we have found out about Pardew during his time here. Ive seen him constantly go on about his teams have always played good football etc. When in reality since the day he took over we have been a long ball team. 

It worked when we had the Carroll-Barton-nolan thing going. Then with Best and Shola. Then with Ba and Shola. But as we saw today, long ball is just not going to work with Ba and Cisse. So unless he decides to bench Cisse for Shola we need to change and adapt to our new and better players.

Today was his fault.

1) Making negative subs at a precarious 2-1

2) Making 2 subs before a very dangerous set piece

3) Sending on Shola to make it 4-4-2 waaaaaaaaay too late

i have no problems with him making negative subs, that fact was, he never made any subs at all until it was too late.

at half time I personally would have brought an extra midfielder on as Ba simply did fuck all to help out our midfield as it was complete over-ran by Wolves.  Besides we needing another body in there to make up for the complete lack of movement in midfield it was fucking horrible.

managers like Mourinho had like the biggest balls ever even with his huge ego he had no problems with acknowledging his own mistake and make subs in the first half to sort things out.

Pardew is either stupid or too arrogant to make changes, we seen it at fulham how we threw it away, seen it vs swansea, wBA, norwich, when we simply werent effective yet he just doesnt react, 

make the change you silver haired twat, really im starting to doubt whether he's even a decent manager. 

he's a frustrating manager, that guy from espn has got it right,  he said when pardew was at west ham they did not play attractive football , it was direct, hoof long ball, he said that about everyone of pardews teams play the exact same way.

he also said Alan Pardew was a con man, the type that would tell you his teams play attractive football but in actual fact its just direct football.  And also called Pardew an Egomaniac.

Wow, never seen that. The bald bloke is scarily accurate with what we have found out about Pardew during his time here. Ive seen him constantly go on about his teams have always played good football etc. When in reality since the day he took over we have been a long ball team. 

It worked when we had the Carroll-Barton-nolan thing going. Then with Best and Shola. Then with Ba and Shola. But as we saw today, long ball is just not going to work with Ba and Cisse. So unless he decides to bench Cisse for Shola we need to change and adapt to our new and better players.

except we haven't been a hoof ball team in general. no denying we have done it at times but in general we haven't. i'll give pardew the benefit so far in that we are doing well, table wise, and i can understand why, if that continues he'd stick with it. his big questions will come if the results stoop coming.

Wouldn't dare to say this board is representative of the entire Newcastle fanbase (although it certainly houses some strange contingents!) but with a decent section of Newcastle fans growing sceptical of Pardew for the first time since his appointment, this derby game is pretty timely.

A loss/tactical mess and murmurs of discontent will escalate into something more dangerous, a win with a tactical masterstroke and he'll be sitting pretty for at least until the summer.

You can't (or rather you probably shouldn't!) judge a manager in one game, but as far as they go the next one is pretty massive for Pardew. Does he have the stones/quality to make the right choices and coach us the right way?

Wouldn't dare to say this board is representative of the entire Newcastle fanbase (although it certainly houses some strange contingents!) but with a decent section of Newcastle fans growing sceptical of Pardew for the first time since his appointment, this derby game is pretty timely.

A loss/tactical mess and murmurs of discontent will escalate into something more dangerous, a win with a tactical masterstroke and he'll be sitting pretty for at least until the summer.

You can't (or rather you probably shouldn't!) judge a manager in one game, but as far as they go the next one is pretty massive for Pardew. Does he have the stones/quality to make the right choices and coach us the right way?

This is pretty much bang on, get beat next week and he will really start to feel the heat.

except we haven't been a hoof ball team in general. no denying we have done it at times but in general we haven't. i'll give pardew the benefit so far in that we are doing well, table wise, and i can understand why, if that continues he'd stick with it. his big questions will come if the results stoop coming.

We haven't been a hoofball team or a passing team. That's probably one of the reasons Pardew keeps chopping and changing formations, because he isn't really sure how to put the players at his disposal to the best use. The team selections, formations, tactics and substitutions seem to change every week as he grasps for the best way to make use of the players available to him.

We haven't been a hoofball team or a passing team. That's probably one of the reasons Pardew keeps chopping and changing formations, because he isn't really sure how to put the players at his disposal to the best use. The team selections, formations, tactics and substitutions seem to change every week as he grasps for the best way to make use of the players available to him.

maybe mixing it has worked so far, or taking a horses for courses approach has worked. can get you so far.

Guest neesy111

Can't believe we couldn't beat fucking Wolves at home.

This.  Say what u like but clearing a 2 goal lead to anyone is awful but to Wolves is disgraceful.

Guest neesy111

Pardew and his lets keep this lead tactics are really starting to piss me off.  If we don't have a team that can play Wolves off the park then we don't have a team to play anyone in the Premiership and Championship to.  It's pathetic.

I'm not bothered about the Wolves game in isolation. In their last two Prem away games they got draws at WHL and the Emirates. They're a feisty side on the road against "bigger" sides.

The malaise I feel about us is about the ongoing and aggregated lack of performances over the season. This non-performance is of course the latest chapter in a long line of them.

Terrifying quotes post match. Clearly can't see where the problems lie. He seems to deal in attack and defence rather than the team as a whole, maybe why the midfield is performing so poorly, stuck in the middle so to speak. Our possession game is as poor as anyone in the division.

Guest neesy111

I'm not bothered about the Wolves game in isolation. In their last two Prem away games they got draws at WHL and the Emirates. They're a feisty side on the road against "bigger" sides.

The malaise I feel about us is about the ongoing and aggregated lack of performances over the season. This is of course the latest chapter in a long line of them.

The performances over the last 3 months have been bad (bar Man Utd).......