Alan Pardew

JH

So people that are happy with that, are you happy with the hoofball..it f***ing amounts to nowt.

At times Ba was just headering it back to their keeper/defender. Its clueless s****, hoping we get a lucky break.

Second half v Sundeland and first half today we actually played decent football. We did go long when Shola came in but it wasn't helped by our defence being so deep for the majority of the second half and our midfield having no sort of grip on the game with the anonymous Cabaye leaving Tiote with far too much work.

We went long a long time before Shola came in, he was sent on because Ba wasn't coping with it.

I know it's your position to defend the manager come what may but it's clear that kicking it long as much as possible are his instructions. It's been like that every week since before Christmas.

See no logical reason he'd have suggested adopting that tactic after he clearly hadnt suggested they start the game with it & keeping it down was working well.

Because he wants to defend, defend, defend all the time whether it be 1-1 at the Emirates or 2-0 up at home against Wolves and kicking it long means the midfield and the back four keep their shape. Canny obvious to me.

It was a difficult night for getting the approach right though wasn't it. If we tried to outplay Arsenal we would likely lose, as it was we nearly got a draw.

I know the principle of "don't just defend" is a good one, but when the tide of the game is going against you and the opposition are a swift attacking team it's not quite as simple as that.

I do wish we'd keep it down more, but I'm not sure if it's a tactic or just that our defenders are limited players.

Actually Arsenal have shown that they're not so hot at closing down if you start passing it between the lines. Our players have had so little practice at though and coupled with the clear instruction to bang long at the first opportunity it meant that we never tried to get in between them. Even when our evident plan A was failing to threaten their goal again.

Where has this hoofball shit come from, we are just bypassing our midfield which was the crux of our good results early season.

We look fucking shocking lately and everyone can see why, honestly he needs to ditch it and fast.

For the first hour Ba was winning headers only to see that alien headed freak Obertan strolling about in a world of his own 10 yards behind him.

We have a midfield and strike force capable of playing top class football but our manager is restricting them from doing so.

It was a difficult night for getting the approach right though wasn't it. If we tried to outplay Arsenal we would likely lose, as it was we nearly got a draw.

I know the principle of "don't just defend" is a good one, but when the tide of the game is going against you and the opposition are a swift attacking team it's not quite as simple as that.

I do wish we'd keep it down more, but I'm not sure if it's a tactic or just that our defenders are limited players.

You can defend but still pass it short surely, we did it in the first half? The hoof just doesn't suit Ba I'm afraid, this was clear many games ago and it invites pressure on us.

Personally I think we've started to see less of the so called 'hoofball' over the last couple of games. It's still present but we are starting to get it down a bit more than we were.

Fair comment. Think you're still going to get a lot of hostility because it's late introduction to our season has already sabotaged our chances of something really special - because it was so foreseeable such a long time ago. I still feel quite hostile about it myself as it happens :lol:

:anguish:

It's not logical that Pardew is instructing the defenders and Krul to hoof it long to Ba. It doesn't make sense on any level, it can't be happening.

Anyone can see it leads us to lose the ball 99% of the time, and so can he. Even people who think he's a limited manager would have to accept that.

Therefore it must be the lack of confidence of some of our players (Simpson, Willo, Krul mainly) that leads us to take the "safe" option and pump the ball forward. It's more about being safe in defence than an attacking tactic.

Pardew needs to address this, and might be trying for all I know, but I don't think it's possible that he's actually doing it as a deliberate tactic.

I have no problem with him bringing Shola on, but surely it should have been for Obertan rather than Santon? What was he thinking?

You what?

Obertan was a waste of space and doing fuck all in midfield. He was the worst player on the pitch hence should have been subbed.

Guest neesy111

Fluffed penalty aside, Ba's barely had a sniff at goal recently, like.

No surprise that it coincides with our hoofball approach.

I have no problem with him bringing Shola on, but surely it should have been for Obertan rather than Santon? What was he thinking?

You what?

Obertan was a waste of space and doing fuck all in midfield. He was the worst player on the pitch hence should have been subbed.

Whoosh?

So people that are happy with that, are you happy with the hoofball..it f***ing amounts to nowt.

At times Ba was just headering it back to their keeper/defender. Its clueless s****, hoping we get a lucky break.

Second half v Sundeland and first half today we actually played decent football. We did go long when Shola came in but it wasn't helped by our defence being so deep for the majority of the second half and our midfield having no sort of grip on the game with the anonymous Cabaye leaving Tiote with far too much work.

We went long a long time before Shola came in, he was sent on because Ba wasn't coping with it.

I know it's your position to defend the manager come what may but it's clear that kicking it long as much as possible are his instructions. It's been like that every week since before Christmas.

See no logical reason he'd have suggested adopting that tactic after he clearly hadnt suggested they start the game with it & keeping it down was working well.

Because he wants to defend, defend, defend all the time whether it be 1-1 at the Emirates or 2-0 up at home against Wolves and kicking it long means the midfield and the back four keep their shape. Canny obvious to me.

Dont think either game is a tactical approach from him myself. More about our players mentality & confidence in a game, our defenders especially. Wolves was a big example of that, we sat back right after our goals. The players decided that not him, it was instantaneous. Milan did the same Vs Arsenal.

Guest Dontooner

Oh come on, how many matches it has being when our main tactic is to simply hoof the ball up and wish for a knock down, i honestly hope you dont believe Simpson Willi and Krul will go long regardless of what is said to them. It must be either OK for them to go long for Pardew or Pardew dont have a bloody game plan to play football on the floor or from the back. Dont bring up the 2nd half of sunderland because they were down to 10, we play hoof ball so deal with it.

Guest hobshobs

Tonight was like watching a Bolton, a Blackburn or a Newcastle managed by Sam Allardyce. High ball after high ball, wasting as much time as possible and taking the ball into the corner at the end. Bringing Ameobi on for even more high ball. Awful to watch.

The hoofing is bad, boring, ineffective and disrespectful to a handful of players. If Pardew had plans for Cabaye here, then the football we are playing now is blatantly criminal. As for Ba, a players who looked to be able to link up well with our midfield during the early days of the season, he has been faced with the most ungreatful job in the Premiership.

Really worried by the fact that Pardew does not see this, it's so obvious. We're inviting pressure on ALL the time by not keeping the ball, and it's actually better to start Shola than Cissé if we're going to keep doing it.

Shocking football and really poor from Pardew.

Tonight was like watching a Bolton, a Blackburn or a Newcastle managed by Sam Allardyce. High ball after high ball, wasting as much time as possible and taking the ball into the corner at the end. Bringing Ameobi on for even more high ball. Awful to watch.

Is that a joke? I wish.

He brought Shola on for Obertan.

Yeah, my bad I'm getting my subs mixed up. I was just surprised to see Obertan stay on the pitch after that first half.

Guest neesy111

We have the players in the last 6 to show we are better than hoofball, if we don't then we really are punching way above our weight.