Alan Pardew

JH

By whom, Krul, Danny Simpson and Mike Williamson? Wake up and take a look at these players when they have the ball.

You've named 2 out of 10 outfield players who can't, any more?

'From the back.'

3 out of 5, actually.

I think Wullie's point about MoN wasn't to compare him with Keegan, it was more to rubbish this notion that Pardew hasn't got the players to play football on the deck. It's utter s*** as far as I'm concerned, we have more than good enough footballers, but Pardew hasn't got either the balls or the coaching ability to encourage football played from the back.

By whom, Krul, Danny Simpson and Mike Williamson? Wake up and take a look at these players when they have the ball.

Think the truth lies somewhere in between the two extremes, they're rubbish on the ball but not as bad as they look due to the tactics we employ most of the time. I think they could play a 10/15 yard pass into midfield.

They distribute the ball better from the back, yes.

I know they do, that's my point. It's because they are encouraged to by their manager in my view, not because they've suddenly become much better footballers.

I think Wullie's point about MoN wasn't to compare him with Keegan, it was more to rubbish this notion that Pardew hasn't got the players to play football on the deck. It's utter s*** as far as I'm concerned, we have more than good enough footballers, but Pardew hasn't got either the balls or the coaching ability to encourage football played from the back.

Think the truth lies somewhere in between the two extremes, they're rubbish on the ball but not as bad as they look due to the tactics we employ most of the time. I think they could play a 10/15 yard pass into midfield.

:clap:

I know they do, that's my point. It's because they are encouraged to by their manager in my view, not because they've suddenly become much better footballers.

You don't think the likes of Richardson, Bridge, Bardsley and O'Shea are better on the ball than 3/4 of our most frequent back 4?

You've named 2 out of 10 outfield players who can't, any more?

'From the back.'

3 out of 5, actually.

We've usually got Tiote and/or Cabaye starting from deep so it wouldn't take much of a pass to find one of those two.

I just want Krul to stop hoofing it to two forwards that aren't suited to that style.

He can throw it, header it, scissor kick it out for all I care. Just do it quickly and put it into a player's feet.

Williamson and Simpson are getting stick for not being able to kick a ball, I don't remember too many complaints last season.

We had a striker who could hod the ball up for the first half of the season last year

You don't think the likes of Richardson, Bridge, Bardsley and O'Shea are better on the ball than 3/4 of our most frequent back 4?

If Kieron Richardson can be considered a full back, why not Shane Ferguson? Put Santon on the other side and you have two full backs more than capable of bringing the ball out and Coloccini is better than most so that leaves us with one hammer thrower in Williamson. It's all down to how you set your team up at the end of the day and Pardew is stuck between two stools at the moment.

Bit of variety wouldn't go amiss, especially when the ball keeps returning. Doesn't take a fuking mastermind to work that out, and on that I reckon Pardew will have it figured out before the end of his career.

Keep calm and pass to Coloccini

Amen. He should start at least 75% of our sortees forward from the back

ironically Colo  isn't averse to the odd long ball

That's only because the nearest midfielders are alongside him defending for their life.

Keep calm and pass to Coloccini

Amen. He should start at least 75% of our sortees forward from the back

ironically Colo  isn't averse to the odd long ball

That's only because the nearest midfielders are alongside him defending for their life.

True - but the point is we need to change more than just Krul hoying the ball out to Colo

If Kieron Richardson can be considered a full back, why not Shane Ferguson?

How many times has Shane started at full back for us?