Alan Pardew

JH

RB, LB, CB, CM

Doubt we'll get a RB, assuming we get a LB then Santon/Simpson become the RB's.

Still need a forward imo, either of Ba or Cisse get injured (go to ACN) and we're short again, 'specially if we're playing a front three more often than not.

RB, LB, CB, CM

Doubt we'll get a RB, assuming we get a LB then Santon/Simpson become the RB's.

Still need a forward imo, either of Ba or Cisse get injured (go to ACN) and we're short again, 'specially if we're playing a front three more often than not.

Oh aye, we definitely need another striker. Perhaps a young striker from the lower leagues? (I'm thinking one of Rodriguez or Rhodes).

If we keep up our scouting policy, not especially bothered, if we can sell tiote for loads and bring in 3 or 4 bargains in return I'm happy, as long as 1 or 2 come good. I'd rather we can hold onto players (think we're actually in a strong enough position to hold onto Tiote, he has 4 years yet doesn't he?) but as long as no more repeats of selling without replacement happen, we can do well with our scouting.

I know we've proved we're capable of replacing players adequately, but I see no need to break up the spine of our team, we should be looking to add to it/build around it. But then again if as ridiculous money offer comes in then I guess it must be considered.

Can't see Chelsea throwing money about this summer, so only Man City realistically can I see making huge offers.

I think its a given that Tiote and Ba will leave in the summer.

Certainly Tiote. Nervous about Ba though.

I still don't know who'd pay the required sum for Tiote. Chelsea or Liverpool at a push, but I'd still be very surprised.

Guest andrew

Yeah, best not to buy a quality ball winning mid, especially with them brimming with options. Let's not forget Carrick, Giggs and Scholes with their combined pace of a pea

Yeah, best not to buy a quality ball winning mid, especially with them brimming with options. Let's not forget Carrick, Giggs and Scholes with their combined pace of a pea

Aye, and how it hurts them every game. :lol:

12 Premier League titles and 2 Champions Leagues without a player of Tiote's type suggests otherwise.

Man Utd definitely need a good DM imo.  Getting constantly outplayed in Europe proved that.

More to do with the general quality in midfield than having a designated defensive midfielder. They've got on just fine without a defensive midfielder for years.

Man Utd definitely need a good DM imo.  Getting constantly outplayed in Europe proved that.

More to do with the general quality in midfield than having a designated defensive midfielder. They've got on just fine without a defensive midfielder for years.

Nah, man. 3 Champions League finals from the previous 4 seasons is crap. THEY NEED TIOTE!

Guest andrew

Still think that they need someone like him for the big games and a different option to their slow but technical types. I haven't been convinced by their actual performances this year.

Nah, man. 3 Champions League finals from the previous 4 seasons is crap. THEY NEED TIOTE!

Doesn't mean they don't need new bodies in.

Fletcher was doing a great job until he couldn't stop shitting himself.  Giggs and Scholes can't last 90 minutes and Carrick is the invisible man.

Guest andrew

Yep. Giggs and scholes are decrepid and won't last that much longer. Fletcher is oot and they've had some poor games this year where their midfield has struggled to dominate

I still think they need strengthening there considering there's been times this season they've gone with Park and Giggs as a central midfield pair. It's a blackhole considering the level they're competing at. To say they specifically need a holding midfielder is daft though.