Alan Pardew

JH

I can't stop thinking how his second PL season at West Ham went sour. There's going to be much more pressure next season and probably some improved teams. Will be very difficult for him.

Bloody hell, I bet you're a right laugh at parties. :lol:

I can't stop fixating on next season because I've missed most of this one and I'm back next season!

One of the staff at Madame Koo's asked if I was alright. "Yes. Fine. I'm partying".

No one should feel bad given the context. But he deserves all the more respect for how he's done. I've been hard on him at times this season but he has been superb. Our discipline and defensive shape is exceptional and we play some brilliant football now too. I've never opted for 'brilliant' in my rating of him but I would tonight

Deserves massive credit for getting our mentality and shape right last night after the Wigan game. Would have been easy for him to revert to a 4-5-1 but he made the bold move of going 4-4-2 and trusting Tiote and Cabaye to deal with their midfield trio. You could tell from how he was acting on the touchline throughout the game (his reaction to Demba hitting the bar and reaction to the goals) that he was really up for it, and this was mirrored by the players on the pitch. Big thumbs up, now let's do the same to Man City and round off a great season.

Good article for Jeff Stelling: http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12088_7725873,00.html

Regardless of whether Newcastle finish in the top four or not, what he has achieved on Tyneside this season is staggering.

Wednesday night's win over Chelsea symbolised everything about the Newcastle side he's developed. They were tremendously well organised, showed fantastic battling qualities and team spirit, and demonstrated wonderful flair going forward.

I don't mind saying that at the start of the season I thought Newcastle would end up getting relegated.

I remember that when Pardew first went to Newcastle (and by the way I thought Chris Hughton was treated incredibly unfairly) a lot of the fans' websites were incredibly negative about his appointment; many saw him as a nodding dog for the unpopular owners.

But he's turned out to be anything but and the tone on those same websites has changed. I read one tongue-in-cheek comment this week which said 'I dinna know who this man thinks he is. He's come in here, improved our team, improved our style of play, improved our league position...'

They've certainly claimed some decent scalps long the way - beating Man Utd 3-0, Liverpool 2-0, Chelsea 2-0.

In footballing terms Pardew's results speak for themselves. Everywhere he's been, his percentage win-rate stands out: Southampton (53), Reading (48), Newcastle (43), West Ham (41). Only his time at Charlton (31) could be perceived as relatively disappointing.

Transformed

Pardew is meticulous in everything he does but in the week that Roy Hodgson was appointed England boss, I couldn't help reflecting that he isn't the style of person who would necessarily go down well at the FA.

He is quite outspoken at times and I don't feel he is one who would necessarily toe the line, when it is necessary to do so, and there is a touch of arrogance in his manner that helps set him apart from some of his peers and gets the best out of players.

Take Fabricio Coloccini, for example, who appears a player transformed. Pardew has got him playing to his strengths and that's mirrored throughout the side; there are no square pegs in round holes. People know what their job is; they know what they are meant to be doing and work tremendously hard for their boss.

Then there are players who have come into the side like James Perch, who many thought of as extremely ordinary, who has had such an incredible impact that suddenly the fans are calling him 'Perchinio'!

Inspiration

Up front Newcastle have been a revelation. In the first half of the season Demba Ba caught the eye, now it's all about Papiss Cisse - even though I actually think Ba is still playing pretty well.

Both of Cisse's strikes against Chelsea were wonder goals, for me. The second one is the more spectacular but the first was absolutely breath-taking. He's performed at that level since he arrived at the club following another great piece of talent spotting. Not bad for £9m! He looks as though he's worth twice, three times that amount.

Cheik Ismael Tiote has been incredible too, while Hatem Ben Arfa - the 'enfant terrible' of French football - looks like a player rehabilitated. He hasn't put a foot wrong for Newcastle and has become an integral part of the side.

Every time Newcastle lose and lose badly - the defeats to Fulham, Tottenham and Wigan spring to mind - there has been a temptation to say 'that's it, the bubble has finally burst' but it never has.

That fantastic achievement is down to the dedication and inspiration of the management and the coaching staff. Generally speaking - aside from notable absentees like Steven Taylor - they've been fairly fortunate with injuries which has meant that Pardew has been able to play a similar team for much of the season.

Perhaps Pardew's biggest achievement is that nobody seems to be talking about Mike Ashley anymore! I imagine the owner is absolutely delighted because Pardew has taken all of the pressure of him.

Of course, Newcastle can still have a massive impact on the destiny of the Premier League title.

If Manchester City win at Newcastle on Sunday then they will deserve to be champions, because as United found out, it's a hell of a tough place to go and get a result.

With 50,000-odd Geordies there it is going to be one fantastic afternoon and, to be honest, I wouldn't want to predict which way it will go

Good article for Jeff Stelling: http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12088_7725873,00.html

Regardless of whether Newcastle finish in the top four or not, what he has achieved on Tyneside this season is staggering.

Wednesday night's win over Chelsea symbolised everything about the Newcastle side he's developed. They were tremendously well organised, showed fantastic battling qualities and team spirit, and demonstrated wonderful flair going forward.

I don't mind saying that at the start of the season I thought Newcastle would end up getting relegated.

I remember that when Pardew first went to Newcastle (and by the way I thought Chris Hughton was treated incredibly unfairly) a lot of the fans' websites were incredibly negative about his appointment; many saw him as a nodding dog for the unpopular owners.

But he's turned out to be anything but and the tone on those same websites has changed. I read one tongue-in-cheek comment this week which said 'I dinna know who this man thinks he is. He's come in here, improved our team, improved our style of play, improved our league position...'

They've certainly claimed some decent scalps long the way - beating Man Utd 3-0, Liverpool 2-0, Chelsea 2-0.

In footballing terms Pardew's results speak for themselves. Everywhere he's been, his percentage win-rate stands out: Southampton (53), Reading (48), Newcastle (43), West Ham (41). Only his time at Charlton (31) could be perceived as relatively disappointing.

Transformed

Pardew is meticulous in everything he does but in the week that Roy Hodgson was appointed England boss, I couldn't help reflecting that he isn't the style of person who would necessarily go down well at the FA.

He is quite outspoken at times and I don't feel he is one who would necessarily toe the line, when it is necessary to do so, and there is a touch of arrogance in his manner that helps set him apart from some of his peers and gets the best out of players.

Take Fabricio Coloccini, for example, who appears a player transformed. Pardew has got him playing to his strengths and that's mirrored throughout the side; there are no square pegs in round holes. People know what their job is; they know what they are meant to be doing and work tremendously hard for their boss.

Then there are players who have come into the side like James Perch, who many thought of as extremely ordinary, who has had such an incredible impact that suddenly the fans are calling him 'Perchinio'!

Inspiration

Up front Newcastle have been a revelation. In the first half of the season Demba Ba caught the eye, now it's all about Papiss Cisse - even though I actually think Ba is still playing pretty well.

Both of Cisse's strikes against Chelsea were wonder goals, for me. The second one is the more spectacular but the first was absolutely breath-taking. He's performed at that level since he arrived at the club following another great piece of talent spotting. Not bad for £9m! He looks as though he's worth twice, three times that amount.

Cheik Ismael Tiote has been incredible too, while Hatem Ben Arfa - the 'enfant terrible' of French football - looks like a player rehabilitated. He hasn't put a foot wrong for Newcastle and has become an integral part of the side.

Every time Newcastle lose and lose badly - the defeats to Fulham, Tottenham and Wigan spring to mind - there has been a temptation to say 'that's it, the bubble has finally burst' but it never has.

That fantastic achievement is down to the dedication and inspiration of the management and the coaching staff. Generally speaking - aside from notable absentees like Steven Taylor - they've been fairly fortunate with injuries which has meant that Pardew has been able to play a similar team for much of the season.

Perhaps Pardew's biggest achievement is that nobody seems to be talking about Mike Ashley anymore! I imagine the owner is absolutely delighted because Pardew has taken all of the pressure of him.

Of course, Newcastle can still have a massive impact on the destiny of the Premier League title.

If Manchester City win at Newcastle on Sunday then they will deserve to be champions, because as United found out, it's a hell of a tough place to go and get a result.

With 50,000-odd Geordies there it is going to be one fantastic afternoon and, to be honest, I wouldn't want to predict which way it will go

A very fair article there, the only possible gripe is injuries and no mention of ACON.

Transformed

Inspiration

A very fair article there, the only possible gripe is injuries and no mention of ACON.

Yep. And Colo supposedly being 'transformed'.

Colo was strong the season before but for me this season has really stood out as his best. His leadership responsibilities seem to have pushed him on another level, so I can understand where he's coming from.

tiote's middle name is Ismael? :lol:

I didn't know that either, sounds great in fact from now on I decree that is how he should only be known.

Cheik Ismael Tiote

:tiote:

Yh the no mention of AFCON and the crap about we have had hardly any injuries which could'nt be further from the truth doesnt sit well with me......

otherwise a decent article, oh yh i personally believe the Tiote thread should be renamed to "Cheik Ismael Tiote"

Guest MrSundlofer

Did you know his wife, Tina Pardew, is Swedish?  :coolsmiley:

Here is an article about Alan Pardew from a Swedish newspaper...

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/premierleague/2012/05/04/dokument-fonstermontoren-kan-gora-det-omojliga/

Translated with Google Translate to English:

He worked as a window fitter when he should have bet on football.

He put the whole to work for six months in the Middle East.

He has been accused by Arsene Wenger for dropping racial slurs.

He has a Swedish wife and like pint-in-pan.

Once I could myself have been training under him.

There are some things to talk about Alan Pardew, 50. The man who is about to do what ought not to be possible.

Stamford Bridge, 2 May:

Newcastle lead at Stamford Bridge 1-0 in key game against Chelsea. Papiss Cissé has given the team the lead in the first half with a class aims. It is a goal that can be of immense importance. The law warrior on a Champions League place worth hundreds of millions of dollars and, not least, a brighter future.

In injury time to draw Cissé back from a hopeless position far from the edge. The ball goes in a loop and screws itself into the far corner behind Petr Cech.

It should not really be possible, but on the other hand, maybe you should not doubt something for Newcastle this season.

They have already achieved what few thought possible.

With two rounds left of the Premier League live the dream of the Champions League. This is for the team before the league start was tipped to war on the bottom half. For the season, they had released the heavy pieces like Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique. The fans were concerned.

Then came a fall that exceeded all expectations. Since then, many, including myself, just waiting for fall to come, waiting for a period in which the ball bounces against, where the results go against the team. Much like Tottenham have experienced this spring.

In the "Magpies" cases, the slowdown never arrived. Sure, 0-4 against Wigan was not flattering figures, but a bad day at work, all. The important thing is that the team with two rounds left is one point - one point! - Behind Arsenal in third place.

Central to success is a man who was so hated when he arrived that his reputation was in class with utskällde owner Mike Ashley. And that was before he started the job.

Alan Pardew managed to turn public opinion. Still have not, until recent weeks, got the credit he deserves.

When it was discussed who should get the year award manager is named as Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Mancini mentioned diligent during the season. Maybe it's a sign that everyone had expected that Newcastle will prove to be a hoax, a house of cards that sooner or later will collapse.

There are some arguments that do not give the prize to Alan Pardew.

Some say that Newcastle's scouting team with Graham Carr, the head has made the basic job by finding players who Yohan Cabaye, Cheik Tioté, Hatem Ben Arfa and Papiss Demba Cissé.

Some may fear that such an appointment would be off the ground for Alan Pardews Woods angry peers, those with an egocentric streak. There are other coaches who vote and Pardew got the reputation among his colleagues during that time when he slid around in a Ferrari.

Then there is the heaviest argument - that Newcastle will be empty-handed, that they miss Champions League spot and has to settle for the Europa League. Of course it is also a success, but it slams not as high.

River on the walls sits among the first four would be an achievement of historic proportions.

But even if they fall at the finish line seems Alan Pardew, according to me, as the worthy winner.

Above Brendan Rodgers with Swansea to play like a Barcelona-light, in front of Paul Lambert, who made the miracle of Norwich and in front of Roberto Mancini who can win the league title with Manchester City.

Alan Pardew has of course been lucky. In August, the club worked hard to get off striker Madibo Maïga from Sochaux. The deal did not go through even though Maïga went on strike to get a move. Before the January transfer window would be, but then failed the physical player. Alan Pardew had of course options - all clubs are working in that way - and he is happy for today.

Recruitment of Papiss Demba Cissé seems one of the best made in the January 1 windows - ever. For the neat sum of £ 9m Newcastle got a striker who scored 13 goals in 12 matches. Yesterday sat Cissé two drömmål, one of which will be remembered for long.

- So good that it's almost criminal, 'said Jamie Redknapp in the Sky.

Newcastle coach told me after the game that Demba Cissé has scoutats of Graham Carr for years.

- He had seen him in France even before he came to Germany, said Pardew.

Alan Pardew has not been slow to highlight ledarstaben behind him. Assistant manager John Carver, coach Steve Stone, head of development Peter Beardsley and chief scout Carr. Ledarstaben and the players have been praised so much that we almost forgot the man who joined together parts and created an alchemical essence.

He had players like Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini, Cheik Tioté, Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba to play his football life.

He restrained wayward MVP of Hatem Ben Arfa.

He saw both of my jaws broken, but repaired leak with modest slopes as Mike Williamson and James Perch.

He changed the system to take advantage of all the offensive power, and thus change the roles of the players that Ba and Jonas Gutierrez.

He who on Wednesday went to Stamford Bridge and defeated a strong form Chelsea with an offensive 4-3-3, just days after the 0-4 against Wigan.

He was with the team, the fans, the whole club, to smile and dare to dream again.

- I play with a smile. How lucky I have never been said defender Steven Taylor last fall.

That one is interesting. The ability to create harmony in Newcastle - known as a boisterous club - is what impresses me the most.

Alan Pardew has acted as a psychologist - and got the maximum out of the material.

Just take the management of Hatem Ben Arfa. The French star was known as a problem child. During Pardew, he has played football in our dream. He brings to the job for the team. Against Chelsea impressed with his presents games as much as his play ball.

Alan Pardew talks about Ben Arfa:

- I have seen the case against Everton again and again, and feel that there are not many times I will be working with a player with that talent.

- I have been working hard with Hatem. He had a terrible injury. I took him back a little early and felt that the next time it must be right. He was a bit disappointed first. I understand that, and I handled it better than I had when I was younger.

- He puts up a wall, to keep a distance, many great players do. Teddy Sheringham was also the case, but once you get inside the walls you will find a strong and lovable character.

- I do not give much instruction offensively. With someone like Hatem, you must let them have their world - when he has the ball, it is his world. When he did not have it, it is my world. I've focused on, to give freedom and let him express it.

Take handling Demba Ba. When Papiss Cissé was recruited was the former accept an edge role. He has done a sincere job without complaining.

- They are very different. Demba is more creative and can be link players and play forward. Papiss live to score goals.

Some coaches, especially Alex Ferguson, managing to get players to agree to sit on the bench, accept the thankless roles. In other clubs, it can cause a world war.

Anyone who has seen Newcastle play this season, everyone who saw that Jonas Gutierrez never betrays his wing back in the defensive, know that there is a team where the players are working incredibly hard for each other.

Alan Pardew seems to have that ability.

The same man who has been sacked by West Ham, Charlton, Southampton, but took the knocks and rose.

Actually would not have become footballers, Alan Scott Pardew. He was born in Wimbledon 1961st As a young amateur soccer combined with work as a window fitter and works extra as a taxi driver. From his work on construction sites in London in the late 1970's and early 80's, he could catch a glimpse of Upton Park. He could not imagine then that one day he would train the team on the scene.

Pardew played for Whyteleafe and Epsom & Ewell. He had no thought of a professional football career. The pay was modest: 70 coins each week, an additional $ 10 in victory bonus. At one point, he of the football to work in the Middle East for six months.

Until 1987, when he would turn 26 years old, he was recruited to Crystal Palace by Steve Coppell, a deal valued at SEK 50 000.

Alan Pardew hesitated. In an interview six years ago, he told me:

- Window industry was lucrative at the time. It cost me much money to go to the Palace. I only got 400 pounds a week.

Three years later, he shot the crucial 4-3-goal in the FA cupsemin against Liverpool. He played in the finals as Manchester United won.

Pardew did not have the natural talent, his game was based more on attitude and approach. He has been called "contemporary Scott Parker." His former trainer Billy Smith has told:

- He was not the best fit player. He has surprised everyone by succeeding as a manager. He was a bit DIFFICULT, arrived late to training sessions and so.

Before the active career was over did the hard-working midfielder playing for clubs such as Charlton, Barnet and Reading and a brief loan stint at Tottenham before he took the job that played to reserve coach in Reading 1997th

Where did he hit. After getting the main responsibility, he lifted the team from the bottom to advance to the old Division One (Championship) in a few years.

That was the year after that our paths might have crossed. Alan's wife, Tina, comes from Västerås and through a mutual friend, I got a loose inquiry if I wanted to train with Reading during their camp in Sweden. My friend Martin, whose parents knew Alan, took the bait and had to drive Goalkeeping with Marcus Hahnemann (which incidentally is the Colorado Avalanche fan and just wanted to talk about Peter "Foppa" Forsberg). Naturally I declined the offer. In retrospect, I have changed my mind many times, but since last month's butcher game, I have felt that, after all, was pretty crazy.

Success in Reading echoed. Alan Pardew was handpicked to West Ham where he led the team to the Premier League. The first season, 2005/06, ended "Hammer's" ninth in the league and reached the FA Cup final. Pardew was a late Steven Gerrard-acknowledgment from to make history and win the FA Cup. The former window fitter was hailed as one of the nation's most promising managers.

True, he was not liked by everyone. His hot temper and rap jaw - probably a result of jargon among construction workers there in the early 80's - did that ended up at loggerheads on other coaches. In West Ham employee club a media adviser.

Pardew and Arsene Wenger fought openly. Once in the newspapers then Pardew criticized Arsenal for playing one eleven without English players. Wenger called the statement "racist".

- A manager who is married to a Swedish and have recruited players from all over the world can not be called racist, said Alan Pardew.

Six months later, in November 2006, they ended up in a scuffle on the sidelines.

He got along better with Jose Mourinho. Alan Pardew was fascinated by Chelsea coach and visited the training facility.

- Before I moved north, Chelsea were the team I saw most often. I did a major study on Mourinho, how he played and how he managed to go undefeated at home. Jose had done it with Porto as well. It was not just good players, it was something more.

At the time of the fight with Wenger had career curve pointing upward facing.

Alan Pardew sacked by West Ham in December after a heavy fall which he had not managed to get Carlos Tévez and Javier Mascherano in the team. When he left the club said the Icelandic owner Eggert Magnusson it was like to "carve out a piece of cancer."

The adventure in Charlton was not successful. Pardew spent relatively large sums of money but the team skidded. In November 2008, after a defeat to Sheffield United, stopped hundreds of fans left and chanted "We want Pardew out".

Then came the session in Southampton where he was fired three games into the season 2010/11.

After three more or less unsuccessful training mission was Alan Pardews status run in the bottom. That's why Newcastle fans reacted with anger when he was presented as a replacement for beloved Chris Hughton sacked despite a strong fall.

- Chris did a great job. He is a good coach. But it was clear that Mike (Ashley) and Derek (Llambias) did not want to continue with him. It was the same for me in Southampton where I felt I did a good job. So I had no sympathy for Chris, I had experienced the same thing, that's how it works, says Alan Pardew in an interview with The Times.

Rarely has a new Premier League coaches met with such disgust. A poll showed that only 5.5 percent of the fans were in favor of Alan Pardew.

But critics were aggravated by false theories. It was said that Pardew got the job because he was one of Mike Ashley's poker buddies from London.

The truth, according to The Times, is that Alan Pardew had never met Ashley when he was summoned to an interview.

- I got a good feeling with Mike. There was nothing snobbish with his attitude as to who would train Newcastle. I was not "Pardinho", but he was not bothered by it.

Alan Pardew has always backed its owner. Even when Andy Carroll was sold in January last year.

- Carroll was a serious blow when he left. My ambition was to make him England's next center forward. But the offer was ... well, we all looked at each other and said, "What can we do?". The offer was ridiculous for a player with the experience he had, 16 Premier League matches.

Mike Ashley has been criticized because he kept the money. But Pardew understand the strategy.

- We can not take risks. Leeds, Portsmouth, Rangers - head in the sand, decisions on impulse. There is no way that Mike and Derek will do it. Mike has invested approximately 273 million pounds in the club and did not take anything back. Politically, it is a minefield for me. I want a good relationship with the fans, but I would say to them, before they get upset: Mike has invested 25 percent of his fortune in the club.

- Ask me after 25 percent of my money and you have zero chance, I do not care how good your idea is.

Question 100 per cent of Newcastle fans, and would probably be agreed that Alan Pardew is this year's manager in the Premier League.