Paul Barron

Thought he deserved his own thread, his departure is worth a bit of attention itself. Sacked or resigned? Been here for three years, is highly rated by Given, Harper and has brought through Krul and Forster, he's a loss.

We now have how many backroom staff?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

By all accounts I've read Paul Barron was highly respected and liked by nearly everyone he's ever worked with, plus he has a huge wealth of experience and knowledge that will be hard to replace. I assume Chris Terpcou is stepping up the plate, who little over 3 years ago was working for Kevin Keegan's Soccer Circus before getting a job with the Toon.

By all accounts I've read Paul Barron was highly respected and liked by nearly everyone he's ever worked with, plus he has a huge wealth of experience and knowledge that will be hard to replace. I assume Chris Terpcou is stepping up the plate, who little over 3 years ago was working for Kevin Keegan's Soccer Circus before getting a job with the Toon.

Always wondered who that fuker was you put in on FM.  :lol:

Manager Peter Beardsley (interim)

Assistant Manager Steve Stone (interim)

Reserve Team Manager vacant

Reserve Team Assistant Manager vacant

Goalkeeping Coach vacant

Academy Manager Joe Joyce

Academy Assistant Manager Willie Donachie

Academy GK Coach tbc

Physiotherapist Dave Henderson

Physiotherapist Derek Wright

Academy Physiotherapist Carl Nelson

Fitness Coach Simon Tweddle

Academy Fitness Coach Jack Ade

Chief Scout Graham Carr

Academy Scout Ray Gooding

makes the playing squad look less paperthin i guess.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Did a bit of youth coaching in Australia, before working with the Soccer Circus. Other than that, a complete unknown entity, though one former Academy GK said he was 'Shit'.  :lol:

:lol: I logged on to FM2011 to check if we had any GK coaches left after Barron left & saw this fella then googled him. 100% true story, 1000% sad!!!

Beardsley & Stone are like Burns & Smithers when they ran the plant due to strikes.

:lol: that music, and them laughing at the radioactive puppies.

Its corker of a episode, I always refer to it when I see two people left in the lurch.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: I logged on to FM2011 to check if we had any GK coaches left after Barron left & saw this fella then googled him. 100% true story, 1000% sad!!!

:lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Manager Peter Beardsley (interim)

Assistant Manager Steve Stone (interim)

Reserve Team Manager vacant

Reserve Team Assistant Manager vacant

Goalkeeping Coach vacant

Academy Manager Joe Joyce

Academy Assistant Manager Willie Donachie

Academy GK Coach tbc

Physiotherapist Dave Henderson

Physiotherapist Derek Wright

Academy Physiotherapist Carl Nelson

Fitness Coach Simon Tweddle

Academy Fitness Coach Jack Ade

Chief Scout Graham Carr

Academy Scout Ray Gooding

makes the playing squad look less paperthin i guess.

What a piss poor setup that is

Guest Heneage

Highly rated by both Krul and Soderberg he will be a big miss. Came from Boro did he not? They have put through some decent keepers.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Highly rated by both Krul and Soderberg he will be a big miss. Came from Boro did he not? They have put through some decent keepers.

Was at Villa too, and before that did a lot of work over in the States where he got to know Kasey Kellar and Marcus Hananahanahanhanahaman.

It does seem like Paul Barron did a good job for us, but I always used to find his half time crosses into the keepers quite amusing.  Generally because his crosses barely got in the area and were usually about waist high.

Someone should have told him that our keepers wouldn't be trying to catch Jonas' crosses..

We might actually get a goalkeeping coach who can teach our goalkeepers how to kick properly, or one who can improve their kicking on their weaker foot.

We might. And they probably won't be able to teach them a single fucking thing else knowing this club.

Can't argue with what it seems he's done over the years. We've had very good goalkeepers come through.

Unbelievable that we've not got a single coach other than Beardsley and Stone... How stretched must they be right now??