Is Mike Ashley the worst person ever to have been associated with NUFC?

AlanSkÃrare

I ask the people who are coming down in favour of Ashley/ lambiarse over this- did you believe them over the Keegan / wise affair ? . Did you accept you were wrong after the tribunal ruled in Keegans favour?

They have a track recording of misleading and lying yes blah blah blah I've heard it all before.

There's still no reason why Carroll would be a part of it though, and why if they really wanted him out why he'd agree to help them save face. I'm not saying they're blameless in this, but all my anger is directed towards Carroll atm at least.

:facepalm:

I ask the people who are coming down in favour of Ashley/ lambiarse over this- did you believe them over the Keegan / wise affair ? . Did you accept you were wrong after the tribunal ruled in Keegans favour?

They have a track recording of misleading and lying yes blah blah blah I've heard it all before.

There's still no reason why Carroll would be a part of it though, and why if they really wanted him out why he'd agree to help them save face. I'm not saying they're blameless in this, but all my anger is directed towards Carroll atm at least.

Care to elaborate your point or is a face palm the best you can offer?

Ya I thought so, you too  :lol:

Guest TheSummerOf69

I can't stand Ashley or Lambias, and I think Pardew's been lying since he walked through the door. But...

[ I'll repeat my post from elsewhere: ]

This is a football blog by a non-nufc supporter who knows his stuff money-wise. He covers all clubs, not just ours.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/newcastle-uniteds-finances-in-black-and.html

Basically:

The Halls (John and Douglas) took out of the club a total of £95 million over the years,

while the Shepherds (Freddy and Bruce) took out £55 million.

That's £140 million gone.

Ashley's investment in the club (by 2010's accounts) was

£132 million to buy the club, £70 million to repay loans, £66 million working capital.

That's £268 million in    (minus whatever he'd get for selling the club, which won't be anywhere near that).

Some of the cost in being relegated, and the fall in revenue from tickets, drinks, shirts etc should be Ashley's to carry because it was his doing. (And the £5m we had to pay KK rather than the £2m he would have had to pay the club for resigning that was written into his contract, if the Ashley gang hadn't been proven in court to have constructively dismissed him and be lying bastards to boot). And the guy treats us like sh*t. While...

The Halls and the Shepherds did sign the best Geordie striker in the country for a British record rather than selling him. And they are entitled to say they left the team and the stadium a lot better than when they took over, but a lot of that was down to KK - Hall didn't spend anything to save us from the third division when we really needed the help, then KK made us world beaters on a shoestring. THEN Hall's oppotunistic eyes blinked pound signs and saw us as a good investment, hence Rob Lee, Andy Cole etc etc)

So - while he's a prat there's no denying that we're costing Ashley money, whereas the Halls and Shepherds were feasting on our blood.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a laugh this morning reading my hometown newspaper the San Francisco Chronicle, article: "The 15 Most Hated Team Owners in Sports."  They run these sports lists, like "100 Best Sports Traditions," and most times they forget there's this sport called "football" that the rest of the world outside the US is mad for.  And even on those rare occasions when they do comment on footie they sound like they just heard of the game.  So imagine my surprise:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/578754-al-davis-and-the-15-most-hated-team-owners-in-sports#page/6

How much of the £35M will he spend?

Pardew -

Pardew said: "The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it', and he has assured me of that."

He added: "For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/pardew-carroll-money-will-be-spent-15070548.html

Guest EastEndGeordie

No Graeme Souness is. I know MA is bad but if we're to consider that before Souness came in and started buying stupidly expensive crap play (Remember Boumsong) that we went from a top six side to a mid level/relegation battler team.

The £35m would cover both transfer fee and wages, so we'd probably not spend more than £10-15m from it on actual transfer fees.

What about if we managed to clear some of the wages? Say Campbell and if the lord is kind Smith both leave, isn't that potentially around 100k a week to play with?

What about if we managed to clear some of the wages? Say Campbell and if the lord is kind Smith both leave, isn't that potentially around 100k a week to play with?

We've clared the wages we would have paid Carroll for 5 1/2 years which will add up to close to £10 million.

The £35m would cover both transfer fee and wages, so we'd probably not spend more than £10-15m from it on actual transfer fees.

So if the £35M covers both a transfer fee (or 2) and a wage for the incoming player(s) where does the TV money and season ticket money go?

That's before we even think about losing the likes of Enrique and Tiote in the summer.

If/When their sales happen, will the cash raised off them (on top of the £35M off Carroll and the rest of the annual income) go back into buying new players?

No Graeme Souness is. I know MA is bad but if we're to consider that before Souness came in and started buying stupidly expensive crap play (Remember Boumsong) that we went from a top six side to a mid level/relegation battler team.

didnt souness accuse shepherd of signing players he chose, rather than the players souness wanted himself?  remember, we were linked with boumsong before souness arrived, and we signed him after souness became boss.  graeme souness also told the story himself on tv that he lined up anelka and boa morte for a combined 11m, only to be told by fat fred that owen and luque were coming instead.  this isnt altogether in defence of souness, but the guy was sacked a few months later because the team were shite.  his answer to being sacked was that he didnt get the players he wanted.  anyone take anelka over owen, in hindsight? 

• 3 weeks later...

didnt souness accuse shepherd of signing players he chose, rather than the players souness wanted himself?  remember, we were linked with boumsong before souness arrived, and we signed him after souness became boss.  graeme souness also told the story himself on tv that he lined up anelka and boa morte for a combined 11m, only to be told by fat fred that owen and luque were coming instead.  this isnt altogether in defence of souness, but the guy was sacked a few months later because the team were shite.  his answer to being sacked was that he didnt get the players he wanted.  anyone take anelka over owen, in hindsight? 

I also remember Souness coming out (while our manager) and telling everyone how he went to Shepherd and told him to pull out all of the stops to buy Michael Owen.

didnt souness accuse shepherd of signing players he chose, rather than the players souness wanted himself?  remember, we were linked with boumsong before souness arrived, and we signed him after souness became boss.  graeme souness also told the story himself on tv that he lined up anelka and boa morte for a combined 11m, only to be told by fat fred that owen and luque were coming instead.  this isnt altogether in defence of souness, but the guy was sacked a few months later because the team were s****.  his answer to being sacked was that he didnt get the players he wanted.  anyone take anelka over owen, in hindsight? 

I also remember Souness coming out (while our manager) and telling everyone how he went to Shepherd and told him to pull out all of the stops to buy Michael Owen.

He did say that  -  but he may have been lying, he'd have looked a bit of a tit if he said he hadn't wanted Owen signed. Purely my view (i.e. no real concrete evidence) but I never thought Souness had much to do with Owen coming here.

Guest BooBoo

I remember Souness saying he'd prepared a list of players for Shep, and that Shep nearly fell off his chair when he saw Owen on it.

Fucking topless Toon charvers worshipping Souness at the Owen unveiling was a gob smacking low in this club's history.

I remember Souness saying he'd prepared a list of players for Shep, and that Shep nearly fell off his chair when he saw Owen on it.

Fucking topless Toon charvers worshipping Souness at the Owen unveiling was a gob smacking low in this club's history.

In hindsight.

f***ing topless Toon charvers worshipping Souness at the Owen unveiling was a gob smacking low in this club's history.

Really?