Booing / Banners

Willow

Why boo Pardew ? I don't like him or want him here but we unfortunately have to get behind him because what has been done has been done Hughton won't come back now unfortunately but we need to support everyone who tries to help NUFC succeed (not Ashley) and Pardew will give his best for us.

I dont think the word "best" exist in Pardew's DNA. His intentions might be well but he just dont have the skills.

I agree, but it isn't his fault Hughton has been sacked and even if he played a part there is no proof of it the best thging i think we can do is support him that doesn't however mean we can't give Ashley hell for this decision.

While this may be an unpopular view, I don't see what the boo's are going to achieve. It's not going to make Ashley/Pardew leave, it's not going to get Hughton back in charge.

We need to get behind the players to try and push them on. If we want to make a protest, do it by singing Hughton's name, not by booing.

Agreed, when of if people calm down they'd agree.

Guest GallowgateKev

Why boo Pardew ? I don't like him or want him here but we unfortunately have to get behind him because what has been done has been done Hughton won't come back now unfortunately but we need to support everyone who tries to help NUFC succeed (not Ashley) and Pardew will give his best for us.

Are you naive>????

My main issue with 90 minutes of booing isn't pantomime, the players, couldn't care less about all that. It's purely the fact it won't change things. Once he's got your money in his pocket and you're sat inside that stadium, do you really think he cares what you sing or chant? What does it achieve, do we think he'll sell up faster, or sack Pardew after one game to right his wrong? Like others have said, vote with your feet. Don't show up, the silence of a half-empty stadium will hit a man like Ashley a lot harder imo.

I love the way people seem to think that the players are too thick to comprehend that the animosity is not directed at them but the owner/manager. Come on, these lads aren't kept in isolation between games. They know we are behind them. And it's not like we have fabulously blistering atmospheres week in/week out to urge the lads on. It can get quieter than the Emirates at SJP at times. I say let people boo and shout at Ashley all they want. It's irrelevant to the outcome of the game what we shout.

Some of our lot booed the poor fuckers at half time when we were 1-1 with Chelsea. It's a bit rich to complain about hurting their feelings when our support is riddled with those types :lol:

Certain people seem to have a bizarre set of priorities. There's a large number of fans who are completely apathetic towards the ownership situation yet let their spittle flecked fury spill out when anyone dare mention protest. You somehow become a worse supporter the minute you become concerned enough to take action. How that works I do not know.

:thup:

Maybe because what matters in the end is not whether or not you take action but the consequences of that action. I can see the logic of boycotting (only if done in mass numbers) but nobody has put a good case on how booing or shouting obscene chants is gonna get Ashley to leave much less do the club any good. 

Booing won't achieve anything. Masses of fans missing from every game will. Ashley still has the money from the season ticket deals but they expire this summer. If he sees tens of thousands missing from the stands he will know it can't go on like this, and that his actions will have consequences. That is the only way to force him out.

Yes he put the club up for sale last time, but obviously not at a price that tempted anyone. If he was losing so much money he desperately wanted a way out to cut his losses, he would lower the asking price and buyers would come in. So far, fans haven't done enough to make that happen. Mike Ashley doesn't care what you think of him, your boos or your banners, he cares about his money though and if that takes a hit he will sit up and take notice.

Guest Roger Kint

Its going to be a case of death by a thousand cuts with Ashley. The drip, drip, drip of fans walking away over this year followed by a larger number when it comes to renewal time will eventually start hitting him harder than any boo or chant ever will. There will always be the backwards fans like Daid Icke has mentioned, those infuriating ones who hurls boos like confetti at anything while no doubt rushing for a warm overpriced beer at half time. They will no doubt be of the 'theres nothing we can do' brigade so lap up an early buyer discount on 2011/12 tickets failing to see sometimes short term personal pain and loss is wrth it for the greater good.

Ashley hasnt had 1p out of my pocket since i paid for my 3 year ticket, he wont again which even 12 months ago was almost unthinkable to me, i know it will be a long time for me to waste waiting for him to leave but breaking point has been reached where the line 'supporting your team' has almost completely merged with accepting a long term future with Ashley.

I just pray that colocho, Kev etc get the long term backing they deserve amongst a set of fans of whom the majority will simply give up any form of protest by Boxing Day(many will have by the time they cross the turnstile into the ground on Saturday sadly)

Its going to be a case of death by a thousand cuts with Ashley. The drip, drip, drip of fans walking away over this year followed by a larger number when it comes to renewal time will eventually start hitting him harder than any boo or chant ever will. There will always be the backwards fans like Daid Icke has mentioned, those infuriating ones who hurls boos like confetti at anything while no doubt rushing for a warm overpriced beer at half time. They will no doubt be of the 'theres nothing we can do' brigade so lap up an early buyer discount on 2011/12 tickets failing to see sometimes short term personal pain and loss is wrth it for the greater good.

Ashley hasnt had 1p out of my pocket since i paid for my 3 year ticket, he wont again which even 12 months ago was almost unthinkable to me, i know it will be a long time for me to waste waiting for him to leave but breaking point has been reached where the line 'supporting your team' has almost completely merged with accepting a long term future with Ashley.

I just pray that colocho, Kev etc get the long term backing they deserve amongst a set of fans of whom the majority will simply give up any form of protest by Boxing Day(many will have by the time they cross the turnstile into the ground on Saturday sadly)

:sadnod:

Agree with all that.

I hope the protests are well organised and sustained because the next time the fat fucker does something like this it would be nice to already have plans and people in place rather than have to scramble around and get support.

:clap:

:clap:

:clap: I will be there on sat and if this protest is really going ahead I'll be there (albeit not all game but for the best part of first half) and then I'll go in and support my team, not my club because that seemed to die a ling time ago but the players are in the same predicament as us.

Guest Roger Kint

Dreamt there was a student style riot at full time, with us all being kettled on the pitch and starting bonfires of torn down sports direct hoardings.

Remember a game when i was younger(mid/late 80's i think), we lost 3-0 to Charlton(although it may have been Watford) and the pitch invasion was surreal, the sight of this fat bloke swinging on the Gallowgate crossbar until it bent all the way to about 2 foot off the deck was hillarious.