(Long) Breakdown of our recent finances

BottledDog

Where Newcastle do score very highly is in gate receipts, thanks to their impressively large and loyal support. Although this has fallen from £35 million in 2005 to £29 million in 2009, this was unbelievably still the tenth highest of the Money League clubs, superior to Milan, Inter, Lyon and Borussia Dortmund among others.

Be proud lads. :clap:

What for? We are being charged more coin to watch poorer footballers? I feel like contacting the "Rip off Britain team" on BBC.

Poorer footballers?

That may be your opinion, but I prefer watching 'this group of lads' (Tiote, Ben Arfa, Carrol, Nolan, Colo, Nile etc, etc) to Owen, N'Zogbia, Martins, Duff etc by a country f***ing mile.

Well yeah as you can watch Tiote, Ben Arfa, Carroll, Nolan, Colo & Nile all play for Newcastle. While it could prove trickey working out is Owen going to be fit & play for Man Utd, taking in a Wigan game, jetting off to Kazan & then watch Fulham play. It makes it much easier watching "that group of lads"

Ashley has basically put the club in rehab at his own expense. SJH & FFS made millions off us, something Ashley never will, destined to take a loss even if he holds on to us for a decade by those accounts.

Shame he's such a cunt.

Guest neesy111

Wages went up 11M in the year from Shepherd to Ashley.   :kinnear:

Yep, Colo, Enrique, Barton all came in from memory.

But we got rid of:

Dyer, Parker, Bramble etc.  So how the hell is their a 11M difference between those who came and left.

Wages went up 11M in the year from Shepherd to Ashley.   :kinnear:

Yep, Colo, Enrique, Barton all came in from memory.

But we got rid of:

Dyer, Parker, Bramble etc.  So how the hell is their a 11M difference between those who came and left.

Colo was later when KK was here. In the transfer window you are talking about (in summer 2007 which was just as Ashley was buying the club ) Fat Sam bought in Viduka, Cacapa, Smith, Beye, Rosenhal (spelling?), Faye and Geremi all on good wedge I'd think.

Cacapa, Rozehnal. Doubt those 2 were cheap, it seemed Ashley, for all his noise about cutting back, wasn't too focused on the negotiating side when he first came in. Whether that's Moat's fault, Ashley's fault, we threw a lot of money away at BSA's signings from the looks of it.

Ashley has made a fuckload of mistakes, obviously, I still put them down to ignorance and/or naivety.

Shepherd was a gambler as well, he just preferred to put big money (that he'd borrowed) on the possibility that we would win the league and/or establish ourselves in the top 4. This was something he nearly bankrupted the club to achieve.

We're in a new financial situation now, and if anything more clubs are going to need the Ashley approach to transfers and wages. I just hope that he can keep the train wreck decisions to a minimum.

FWIW I do think our recent transfer dealings have been good, and I'd much rather watch this cheaper 'bunch of lads' wear the shirt than put the club's future in danger by spunking cash left, right and centre.

It might mean slower progress, but a great season from a signing like HBA could easily see us qualify for Europe, then we're looking at a step up a level.

Cacapa, Rozehnal. Doubt those 2 were cheap, it seemed Ashley, for all his noise about cutting back, wasn't too focused on the negotiating side when he first came in. Whether that's Moat's fault, Ashley's fault, we threw a lot of money away at BSA's signings from the looks of it.

Tricky one that. He'd just bought the club having done no due diligence so didn't have much idea about what he'd got, let alone the economics of it. And he probably decided to go along with Allardyce. The crap hit the fan when Barclays called in the loan and Ashley had to cough up tens of millions far sooner than he might have expected.  His finance people then presumably got to grips with the true situation and this was what prompted Chris Mort's "review". That "review" led to the appointment of Wise and presumably this was a measure designed to keep a check on what was being spent on players.

Every fan needs to read and understand this well presented piece of information.

How could Shepherd have behaved in such a cavalier fashion with the finances of our club while criminally stealing so much for himself and cronies.

Shame on him, he has a lot to answer for.

Ashleys lack of football competence it would appear has at least stopped him from lining his own pockets up till now.

God only knows what he wants because he sure as hell cannot be having any "fun" which is about the only thing he has ever communicated to us that I can remember of his intentions as owner.

Guest neesy111

Keep reading about Shep going mental but the "£50K a week" players Ashley hates having on the books, am I right in thinking everyone of them on the books now was signed during the Ashley era?

You would be correct sir.

That is my ire with people saying ashley inherited a mess from shepherd, he did and then promptly made it even worse.

Keep reading about Shep going mental but the "£50K a week" players Ashley hates having on the books, am I right in thinking everyone of them on the books now was signed during the Ashley era?

That is my ire with people saying ashley inherited a mess from shepherd, he did and then promptly made it even worse.

True. Although at least he was able to find the finance to fund his cock ups.

Q - Can I just say I only listen to you about the books @ NUFC & not some fucking random blogger.

Tbf to Ashley though he was under the influnce of Sheps last move the Allardyce. Not wanting to get NE5 about it but we DID NOT go into administration but we DID get relegated. Lets deal in what has happened rather would could but never did.

Q - Can I just say I only listen to you about the books @ NUFC & not some f***ing random blogger.

I am flattered and thank you  :thup: But the blogger has blogged very accurately and his interpretations are spot on imo. However there is a lot of detail for a casual reader.

Q - Can I just say I only listen to you about the books @ NUFC & not some f***ing random blogger.

I am flattered and thank you  :thup: But the blogger has blogged very accurately and his interpretations are spot on imo. However there is a lot of detail for a casual reader.

I may give him whirl then.

Er...................

By far the largest reason for these exceptional charges is the severance payments made to departing managers, which amount to a staggering £17 million over the last five years, including £5.3 million to Kevin Keegan, £4.6 million to Sam Allardyce and his team, £3.2 million to Graeme Souness and £1.1 million to Glenn Roeder. It may be a nerve-wracking experience managing Newcastle, but it’s also a lucrative one. Rumour has it that Big Sam bought a villa in Spain with his pay-off, naming it “Casa St James”. In fact, give the regularity of these payments, it is difficult to argue that they are exceptional in any way, shape or form.

EVEN A BIGGER PIECE OF SHIT THAN I THOUGHT HE WAS, FAT SAM.

High earners, ex-manager payments, relegation - all Ashley. I don't care what he's put in because his stupidity has cancelled it out.

Of the £17 million in ex-manager payments discussed in the blog, only £5.3 million of it went to an Ashley appointee. Of course, you could argue that Ashley should not have sacked Fat Sam...

High earners, ex-manager payments, relegation - all Ashley. I don't care what he's put in because his stupidity has cancelled it out.

Of the £17 million in ex-manager payments discussed in the blog, only £5.3 million of it went to an Ashley appointee. Of course, you could argue that Ashley should not have sacked Fat Sam...

Lets be honest here most of the managers in the Ashley era have had contracts that a Indian contact centre worker* would not take on.

* = FAO DISCO: Curryhead contact centre worker