Newcastle v Manchester City Sun 26/12/10 15:00 - Pre Match Thread

QBG

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I hope we can get something out of this game for all of the reasons already stated in this thread. I'm predicting and hoping for a draw 1-1 maybe. Of course I want us to win but I'm being realistic. Colo to score from a corner.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

First Boxing Day game in forever. I can't wait for it. Hope the atmosphere is red hot, and the Spirit of HBA spurs us on.

Arriva - Service suspended

Go North East - Limited service 1000-1800, some provided with financial assistance from Nexus. VIEW TIMETABLES

Metro - Metro services will operate a Sunday timetable between 10am and 7.30pm, with additional services before and after the scheduled 3pm kickoff time.

Other Info - Bus services to and from the city centre will run between 9am and 7pm to a reduced timetable, while the Shields Ferry is operating a normal Sunday service.

In addition, special match buses will run to and from the game as follows:

There will be a return coach service from Northumberland to Newcastle with stops in Newbiggin, Ashington and Morpeth. The first bus will leave at 11.50am and will run until 1.20pm. Return journeys will leave the city from 5.20pm to 5.35pm.

Altoonative Travel has also secured a return service from Blyth, stopping at Bedlington and Cramlington before arriving in Newcastle. This will also start at 11.50am until 1.20pm.

There will be a service for fans living near Hexham which will leave Hexham bus station at 1pm and a service for Corbridge will leave at 1pm via Wylam at 1.30pm before arriving at the Haymarket bus station.

Each ticket is £1 return and can be bought from NUFC, online here or in person at the SJP Box Office. Note that that tickets must be bought in advance as none will be available from the bus on the day.

Fans can use the park and ride scheme from Newcastle Great Park and if you have a Metro Mover it is free.

Working with Altoonative Travel, Nexus will open all car parks including Kingston Park, Callerton Parkway, Northumberland Park and Heworth free of charge and will operate a more convenient timetable to carry people to the match and will include extra services from the airport and on coastal routes.

For those living in the south of the region Altoonative Travel and Go North East will be operating the 21 bus service from Durham bus station every 30 minutes from 10am. This will stop at Chester-le-Street, Birtley and Low Fell before arriving in Newcastle.

Altoonative Travel is the public face of the Newcastle United Travel Plan which is managed by Newcastle City Council on behalf of the Newcastle United Supporter Travel Plan Advisory Board, which includes Nexus, Network One, Newcastle City Council and Newcastle United.

As usual on Boxing Day the railway network closes down.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101213/go-to-the-festive-match-the-altoonative-way_2281670_2243580

Guest McLøvenkrands

Hopefully :tiote: will eat De Jong.

Had a look at the weather, everything looking ok for next week.

I can see us getting a result here. 2-1. Will quite happily take a draw.

Krul

Simmo - Williamson - Colo - Jose

Barton - Tiote - Nolan - Jonas

Ranger - Carroll

Prediction: Newcastle P-P Manchester

Aye, because everyon knows that snow everywhere else in the country means our game will be called off ;)

There's no snow at all in the NE, and I don't see how there will be enough snowfall in the next week to make any difference.

Prediction: Newcastle P-P Manchester

Aye, because everyon knows that snow everywhere else in the country means our game will be called off ;)

There's no snow at all in the NE, and I don't see how there will be enough snowfall in the next week to make any difference.

I never mentioned snow ;)

Also the weather wifey reckons snow in the NE tomorrow.

Serious question. If he passed out in the middle of the field Marc Vivien-Foe style then died after the match how would people react?

With absolute dignity and compassion I'd like to think. Imagine if we cheered/booed a dead man from the field man. Sickening.

Serious question. If he passed out in the middle of the field Marc Vivien-Foe style then died after the match how would people react?

In all honesty if that happened you'd have to feel kinda bad. But it won't, so we can say shit like my last post and it doesn't matter.

With absolute dignity and compassion I'd like to think. Imagine if we cheered/booed a dead man from the field man. Sickening.

:thup:

Is it clutching-at-straws-tastic to suggest that the extra week break will be good for Pardew and the team, not only fitness wise but in terms of bonding/getting to know the squad better etc?