Off the Beaten Track Players

Vinny Green Balls

Guest Wearside

Jorg Albertz - I used to go up to the occasional Rangers game in my younger days and Albertz was a cracking player,unbelievable free kick taker,the power he got in his shots was frightening and was nicknamed the "hammer".

Sorry I thought that is what you meant, when you said "the last game"

Quality player, so fustrating though. I'm still not over Cheyrou getting picked for the France team ahead of him.

That was a disgrace that. :lol: Was when Robert was at his absolute best for us (September-February of the 03-04 season) and Cheyrou was selected ahead of him on the back of 3-4 games for Liverpool that winter.

Jorg Albertz - I used to go up to the occasional Rangers game in my younger days and Albertz was a cracking player,unbelievable free kick taker,the power he got in his shots was frightening and was nicknamed the "hammer".

Another with a great left foot.Good shout.

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk - doesn't get anywhere near enough plaudits for my liking.

Every time I've seen him play he just looks like everything you want a defensive midfielder to be. Sadly for him, he's another footballer who looks like a lesbian.

Keith Gillespie - he was just the right man in the right team at the right time. Loved watching him play!

Really loved watching Pablo Aimar in his prime at Valencia.

Can't believe he's only 31.  Seems to have completely fallen off the radar since 2005.

Was a key part in Benfica's title winning team last season like.

Michel Preud'homme I loved from the USA World Cup for some reason. (possibly the name)

Basile Boli, even taking into account that horrible duet with Chris Waddle.

Juninho, both the Lyon & Boro ones actually.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Gaizka Mendieta

Still can't believe he signed for Boro, but then they've signed loads of players I wouldn't expect to go there.