Newcastle 1 - 3 Man City - 26/12/2010 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 15

Andy

I asked this kid next to us that the Tevez goal was 'one-nil, right?' and couldn't believe when he said it was two. Spent the next ten minutes trying to check the scores as a result.

On a related note, O2's data network is utter s****.

It's not just O2, Orange is crap as I couldn't get onto anything in the ground.  I was getting a 3G signal but couldn't load anything and it was just as bad outside the ground after the match.

Guest toonlass

I asked this kid next to us that the Tevez goal was 'one-nil, right?' and couldn't believe when he said it was two. Spent the next ten minutes trying to check the scores as a result.

It's not just O2, Orange is crap as I couldn't get onto anything in the ground.  I was getting a 3G signal but couldn't load anything and it was just as bad outside the ground after the match.

Me too. Im with Orange and yesterday I had a 3G signal showing on my phone but couldn't get anything on my phone. And at times I get bugger all signal at

all.

I may have criticized Routledge's crossing, but to say he was anonymous is incredible.  He of all our midfielders at least had purpose about him, in stark contrast to Jonas on the left.  He beat his man.  He got crosses in.  The crosses were generally in the right place, just not enough pace on them to trouble City so much.  Certainly on that showing, he needs to be given more outings. 

We got in after about 3 minutes, didn't have the first idea that we got beat 3-1 and not 2-1 until we came out and I checked the other scores on my phone. Glad Tevez scored again in the end, I'd have felt a right mug coming out of the ground feeling happy with a point.

Apart from the disaster of the first five minutes, I thought we played really well, just lacked someone with the clinical efficiency like Tevez up front, though Carroll won absolutely everything in the air.

Bloody hell man!

I got to my seat and about 3 seconds later their second goal went in. Only realised they'd scored before it as someone behind said something along the lines of "fucking hell man, two-nil already" and we turned round to check with him. Someone a few seats along from me turned up not long after me, was told it was two-nil then was at the toilet when we scored. :lol: He was wondering why he bothered turning up.

Me too. Im with Orange and yesterday I had a 3G signal showing on my phone but couldn't get anything on my phone. And at times I get bugger all signal at

all.

Not just O2 and Orange, I am on Vodafone and most of the time in the ground I was getting no data on both 2G and 3G

all.

Not just O2 and Orange, I am on Vodafone and most of the time in the ground I was getting no data on both 2G and 3G

can add virgin into that, ok with calls and texts but getting online for the scores and a bet is terrible.

I heard a rumour that the club are trying to block 3G in the ground as they're unhappy with the use of twitter and the like from inside the ground.

Might be total bollocks and I can't remember where I heard it but if all networks are having problems, there might be something in it.

It's not like the ground is in a poor area for signal!

I heard a rumour that the club are trying to block 3G in the ground as they're unhappy with the use of twitter and the like from inside the ground.

Might be total bollocks and I can't remember where I heard it but if all networks are having problems, there might be something in it.

It's not like the ground is in a poor area for signal!

I heard that the journos were also having the same problem and had been speculating it was for the reason you mention.  Also meant to be the same down at Sunderland.

Guest neesy111

Is it not purely down to the fact there's 40,000+ in the same area trying to use it at once?

This.

The use of mobile internet has exploded in the last 2 years, but the networks haven't caught up with capacity etc.  T-Mobile and Orange when they integrate their networks properly should offer something decent.

Is it not purely down to the fact there's 40,000+ in the same area trying to use it at once?

This.

The use of mobile internet has exploded in the last 2 years, but the networks haven't caught up with capacity etc.  T-Mobile and Orange when they integrate their networks properly should offer something decent.

couldn't get on line at the last youth cup  game i attended at SJP.

This.

Yeahh. Waiting for that to become a useful merger. The 3 places I have shit connection, T-Mobile doesn't help me in the slightest. So it all feels a bit fucking pointless.