Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry, silly question, how to go to the last page of thread in tapatalk ?

Say for example long threads like Hatem Ben Arfa, i click on it and I am directed to the first page, I can see "next page" to move into next page, but I need to click a thousand times next page to reach the end of thread ? There must be some tricks that I have missed entirely ?

Change your settings before you login to the forum so it always takes you to the newest post in a thread. Otherwise if you scroll to the very very top of the page you will find page numbers so you can go to the end.

Forum's been on and off for me the past couple of days. Quite a few times it's briefly not loaded (web page available), and then worked fine a minute later. Nothing major but irritating nonetheless and thought I'd mention it anyway. Background work still going on I think Rich said?

Example: I clicked to post this post, and it was 'loading' and doing nothing, eventually just refusing to load at all. Refresh about 60 seconds later and it's fine.

Edit: actually, might just be my net having a bad day. Did something similar with another site. But the above sort of thing happen still happens on occasion even if other sites are working fine. But today just looks like it's my net being a knob.

Forum's been on and off for me the past couple of days. Quite a few times it's briefly not loaded (web page available), and then worked fine a minute later. Nothing major but irritating nonetheless and thought I'd mention it anyway. Background work still going on I think Rich said?

Example: I clicked to post this post, and it was 'loading' and doing nothing, eventually just refusing to load at all. Refresh about 60 seconds later and it's fine.

Edit: actually, might just be my net having a bad day. Did something similar with another site. But the above sort of thing happen still happens on occasion even if other sites are working fine. But today just looks like it's my net being a knob.

There has been more stuff getting installed today but it's been alright for the most part when I've been on, certainly no instances like the ones you describe.

Honestly I do think a lot of the complaints of a similar nature to yours that people have are on their end, but it's just they spend so, so long on here compared to other sites that it appears to be our issue. When I keep saying "it's been fine for me" it really has.

So far we've had an accelerator put in that's sped up the page creation times by over 40% and a special search engine added just today that has reduced search times by a massive amount (no exaggeration to say it's ten times quicker) and appears to be pretty reliable given the heavy testing I've hammered it with so far.

We do have an ongoing error in our code that I was hoping would have been fixed by now and I'm pinning a few hopes on this being the reason for occasionally slow-loading pages (and by slow I mean half a second). Most of my page creation times are ridiculously quick though, like 0.009 seconds, which is very good.

Test

Yep, OK again this is a minor one but if I do a post with a spoiler in it and then edit the post when you press 'Save' the post looks like this:

Spoiler

Test

... and the Spoiler functionality has gone.  I thought the spoiler was fucked and I needed to edit the post because of something I did, but when you click out of the thread and then in again then it's hunky-dory.  Is just slightly annoying as it makes you unsure whether you've knacked up the coding somehow while you were editing.

On Chrome btw.

From the bloke that made the add-on:

It's not a bug, when you preview a message, you load the content after the jquery has been set, it happens with every bbc that uses JavaScript.

Sorry, I'm not going to add more features to this mod, as the name implies, this is a simple spoiler.

Doesn't look like one we can sort ourselves unfortunately, I think it'll just be one of those things people have to get used to again.

Ah well, fair do's.  It's worth flagging up in case there's a simple solution but it's not much of an issue.  Thanks.

As I mentioned, it's only you who can't see it until you refresh. To anyone else, your post had a spoiler before your edit and had a spoiler after it. It's only a cosmetic 'bug' for the person editing, at that time. At no point does your post fail to have a functional spoiler tag in it. :thup:

That warning system is brilliant, like. I got on here this morning and didn't understand why I couldn't post, then I saw my post history. Well played. :lol: :thup:

Kept you on it a bit long like, sorry about that.

Will look into server/Kindle stuff too :thup:

Any reason why the forum should have stopped working with a Kindle (I know, but it's always worked before) in the last few days?  Neither the full or wap versions will load.. has anything changed since Friday that would break it?

Definitely Friday the day it changed?

Cheers mate. It's quite possibly related to one of the mods we've installed since the upgrade. I'll add it to the list and see if there's a solution for it.

Might need more information if you could, though, of what threads/pages it happens on in particular, etc.

Is it ones with embedded videos? Polls? Spoiler tags? Completely random?