Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

I see it more that he wants Barton in the centre (another of those 'hasn't actually seen us play' things) rather than wanting to keep Routledge in the team.

you don't think he put barton in the middle as he saw a choice between that and routledge outside as being better than barton wide right and guthrie in the middle ?

The choice was playing two strikers or not. He chose not to, as he had done against City.

honestly think was down to the opposition and playing away, expect to see 4-4-2 return against wigan. (if we can call nolan up front a 2 man forward line)

If Nolan's up front and we play 4-4-2 then that puts Barton in the middle again.

or if ranger plays.

i'd much rather barton in the middle and routledge plays than putting guthrie or smith in to keep barton wide.

I see it more that he wants Barton in the centre (another of those 'hasn't actually seen us play' things) rather than wanting to keep Routledge in the team.

you don't think he put barton in the middle as he saw a choice between that and routledge outside as being better than barton wide right and guthrie in the middle ?

The choice was playing two strikers or not. He chose not to, as he had done against City.

honestly think was down to the opposition and playing away, expect to see 4-4-2 return against wigan. (if we can call nolan up front a 2 man forward line)

If Nolan's up front and we play 4-4-2 then that puts Barton in the middle again.

or if ranger plays.

i'd much rather barton in the middle and routledge plays than putting guthrie or smith in to keep barton wide.

???

What's wrong with Nolan in the middle?

or if ranger plays.

???

It's in the middle he's fattest.

or if ranger plays.

???

aye forgot  he was suspended and not injured. i'd put him in the middle and keep barton out wide. but if he's out that puts barton back in the middle for me.

I would play:

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ranger Carroll

I expect to see:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Routledge Barton Tiote Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

Carroll up top on his own heading down for an advancing Nolan is so predictable and thus easy to defend against.

Putting ranger in the mix as well up there really does give the opposition something else to think about and another exciting but  unpredictable outlet for us.

Its almost a 433 (when attacking). Barton Tiote and Jonas provide good cover for our defence in the midfield and allows Carroll, Nolan and possibly Ranger to get on the end of things and create.

Toptoon still thinks Jonas is our best player. :thup:

sorry.... what?

Who are you?...... The resident w***** from hell?

I am able to speak for myself and that is not my opinion.

Ronaldo reckons Fat Sam was our greatest ever manager and that everyone on here is a complete prick.

Not sure about the Fat Sam bit but you got the second part right  :laugh:

I would play:

Krul

Ranger Carroll

I expect to see:

Krul

Nolan

Carroll

:thup: x 100

I would play:

Krul

Ranger Carroll

I expect to see:

Krul

Nolan

Carroll

Agreed.

Great shame as Barton has been a surprise revelation on the right. It almost seems like Hughton stumbled upon that by accident one game. Bit of a learning curve he went through. Both he and the fans loved him there. Now we can't really afford for Pardew to go through the same learning process we need him to pick up the reigns and progress from where Hughton left off..... unfortunately my fear is pardew will  have to go through the learning process as well and he'll start playing players in positions we already know they are crap/poor/not as good in to see for himself. We can't really afford this and this could be very very costly for us. Could even get us relegated.

Look at their defence tonight: Ronnie Stam, Gary Caldwell, Antolin Alcaraz and Steve Gohouri, with Steve Caldwell on the bench.

Carroll will have a field day, in fact all our attacking players will.

carroll is all our attacking players.

I would play:

Krul

Ranger Carroll

I expect to see:

Krul

Nolan

Carroll

Agreed.

Great shame as Barton has been a surprise revelation on the right. It almost seems like Hughton stumbled upon that by accident one game. Bit of a learning curve he went through. Both he and the fans loved him there. Now we can't really afford for Pardew to go through the same learning process we need him to pick up the reigns and progress from where Hughton left off..... unfortunately my fear is pardew will  have to go through the learning process as well and he'll start playing players in positions we already know they are crap/poor/not as good in to see for himself. We can't really afford this and this could be very very costly for us. Could even get us relegated.

strange isnt it, even though he claims to have now watched all of our games this season. even stranger is there's people trying to make excuses for him being clearly destructive with this and the taylor over williamson decision.

cant see us getting more than a point this weekend.

Its got to be a bonus for us that they are getting the runaround by arsenal so far tonight, they've been chasing shadows.  lets hope it continues in the 2nd half,  a couple of knocks for charlie and rodalega would be handy as well!

Look at their defence tonight: Ronnie Stam, Gary Caldwell, Antolin Alcaraz and Steve Gohouri, with Steve Caldwell on the bench.

:sadnod:

good point, well made.

Guest toonlass

N'Zogbia's going to miss the game at the weekend. Well done Charlie son, can only be good for us that you've got yourself suspended.