Who IS in trouble?

QBG

Yes we are "only" seven points from a relegation spot, but we have twelve teams below us now and in every fixture many of those teams meet each other. So these teams will keep taking points from each other and this SHOULD make us safe. It's not like all these twelve teams always will win.

Also,,we have a lot of tough games left, but seeing how we have coped with "better" teams this season we should be able to pick up som unexcepted points here and there.

Our key games this season is now, Birmingham home and away, Wolves at home, and WBA at home. I see no reason why we can't take 12 points from those 4 games, plus we still have a few teams left to play where we might take the 3 points, or we will take the odd point from.

I'm not saying we are safe but at this moment in time their is no real emergency, and we should be able to stay clear of the bottom 3.

I'm going to the Fulham away game for about the fifth consecutive year... getting more hopeful I might finally see a decent performance.

Gah, I was at that fixture for 2008/2009 when the away fans got kicked out of the pub and Cacapa was fouled about 15 times in the buildup to Andy Johnson's winner.

I'm going to the Fulham away game for about the fifth consecutive year... getting more hopeful I might finally see a decent performance.

Gah, I was at that fixture for 2008/2009 when the away fans got kicked out of the pub and Cacapa was fouled about 15 times in the buildup to Andy Johnson's winner.

Almost every Fulham away I've been to has been a dreadful game. Can't actually remember a good one.

Guest JamesyJazz

We'll win the next two games.We're not going down.

:lol:

Got the Wigan n West ham points right,still say we're not goin down

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Almost every Fulham away I've been to has been a dreadful game. Can't actually remember a good one.

Didn't we come from 2-0 down to win 2-3 when we played them at Loftus Road? Shearer winner i think. Roof of the net.

We've got some pretty fucking hard games coming up, we're a not out of the woods yet.

Everyone's got hard games.  What's more important to look at is the fact that after 21 games played we have as many points as we had after 28 games last time around.  Yet even that season it took a disastrous run of only 7 points from 10 games to get us relegated.

We've got some pretty f***ing hard games coming up, we're a not out of the woods yet.

so has everyone else, as pointed out, should we beat the mackems, which is a decent possibilty having walloped them just weeks ago, we'll be 2 points behind them with a game in hand.....are they out of the woods yet ?

I think the biggest thing that eases my mind a bit is the other 2 promoted teams are now starting to slip. West Brom a point off, Blackpool 4 points off, but we're still picking up points and 7 points clear. I really do feel like there's too many teams below us, not all of them can catch us up, surely?

I believe we'll finish in a mid table position but both Blackpool and West Brom will get pulled into a relegation fight.

The teams I think will go down are West Ham, Wigan and possibly Wolves

To be honest it is still fluid right now. Before the West Ham & Wigan games, I was hoping for some distance if we won both, but even after doing that, the difference between us the and last place is fucking 8 points. Results have really gone against us in the last two games, the bottom sides have all been winning and instead of drifting away, they've been keeping pace with the the middle pack. How do you fucking explain Wolves beating Chelsea?! Hope Ancelottin gets the sack for this!!!

So ya I think we will need more than 40 to survive,maybe even 43-45 ish

The fact that there are no obvious whipping boys means that it's less likely you'll need over 40 points to stay up this season. When West Ham went down with 42 there were 2 abjectly poor teams - with West Brom on 26 and Sunderland on 19.

The bottom teams are on around a point a game. One or two may drop below that ratio, but that's probably how it will end for the 18th place, so I reckon 39 points or 38 points with a decent goal difference will keep you up this season.

not necicarially, Villa are 3rd from bottom, with 21 points from 21 games, if that stays the same then you will only need 39 points to survive this season.

the lack of there being a whipping boy could lower the points needed for survival, as the 3rd from bottom team is more likely to drop points from the 2 below them.

That's what he said.