Who IS in trouble?

QBG

I still can't believe that Villa are in the bottom three.

They remind me a bit of us when we went down actually.

Manager walks out early season

Squad plunged into disarray

Good players but (seemingly) no spirit

Dropping down the league steadily

Can't seem to string results together to get out of it despite playing well in patches.

etc.

It'll be interesting to see if they follow our lead and bin Houllier in March to bring someone else in.

Can't seem to string results together to get out of it despite playing well in patches.

etc.

It'll be interesting to see if they follow our lead and bin Houllier in March to bring someone else in.

i know its ridiculous to say this all things considered with our history but surely villa are too good to go down at least compared to the shite around them

etc.

i know its ridiculous to say this all things considered with our history but surely villa are too good to go down at least compared to the shite around them

They've got a lot of good players there but the results say otherwise. They're right in the thick of it.

Following on from our last two games, Wigan and West Ham have two of the places sewn up.

Wigan were terrible, and I agree with what midds says about West Ham tonight. I actually don't think that they're that bad of a side, but they lack any manner of confidence, bottle and desire. They looked like they'd given up at HT tonight - I remember one particular incident in the second half when the winger (?) was chasing a ball and then just stopped halfway (despite the fact he could probably have got to the ball) and let Colo shepherd it out of play - they know they're all but gone.

Following on from our last two games, Wigan and West Ham have two of the places sewn up.

Wigan were terrible, and I agree with what midds says about West Ham tonight. I actually don't think that they're that bad of a side, but they lack any manner of confidence, bottle and desire. They looked like they'd given up at HT tonight - I remember one particular incident in the second half when the winger (?) was chasing a ball and then just stopped halfway (despite the fact he could probably have got to the ball) and let Colo shepherd it out of play - they know they're all but gone.

i'm not sure how they beat wolves and fulham and how everton didn't beat them, any side that lose to that shower of shit should have mass wages docked after the game

I just don't know what to think with Villa. They're in the 'too good to go down' bracket for me, but we know that doesn't always see teams through. Can't help but feel they'll be safely mid-table at the end of the season though. Wigan, West Ham, and I think West Brom will slip into the last place after a valiant fight.

Blackpool, for all their hard work and good performances, are only 4 points off the relegation zone. They've got a couple of games in hand but they'll find it harder as they play teams the second time around.

They've lost their element of surprise a bit now and their squad is going to be stretched. They could well be sucked into it pretty soon.

Houllier seems to have alienated half the squad, and they also have a squad that was assembled in an idiosyncratic manner under MON. now he's gone, it looks a bit unbalanced. ie they always had carew in there as a focal point - that won't happen now and who is the alternative - heskey? they lack driving force in central midfield too, imo. any one of nolan, barton or tiote would work wonders there. they do have promising young players like albrighton, bannan and clark but they cant carry a side.

Just watched Houlier's post match interview, he sounded like a beaten man. I think they are in a lot of trouble, it'll be poetic justice after their fans behaviour when we went down, but I would love to see them go, feel sorry for Houlier. I'm laughing at bit at all the villa fans who were happy to see O'Neill go :)

Just watched Houlier's post match interview,he sounded like a beaten man. I think they are in a lot of trouble, it'll be poetic justice after their fans behaviour when we went down, but I would love to see them go, feel sorry for Houlier. I'm laughing at bit at all the villa fans who were happy to see O'Neill go :)

Same... :undecided: Pity for him as i like Houllier and i thought he'd do well there. Someone alluded to it earlier, he's suffering from a team that is every inch Martin O'Neill's. And even he, the guy that built it, couldn't do anything with it. Hope Gerard gets time cos i reckon he'll make them tick eventually.

Would still be hilarious if they went down, mind.

Just watched Houlier's post match interview,he sounded like a beaten man. I think they are in a lot of trouble, it'll be poetic justice after their fans behaviour when we went down, but I would love to see them go, feel sorry for Houlier. I'm laughing at bit at all the villa fans who were happy to see O'Neill go :)

Same... :undecided: Pity for him as i like Houllier and i thought he'd do well there. Someone alluded to it earlier, he's suffering from a team that is every inch Martin O'Neill's. And even he, the guy that built it, couldn't do anything with it. Hope Gerard gets time cos i reckon he'll make them tick eventually.

Would still be hilarious if they went down, mind.

He needs money to make them tick though. Needs to evolve it from being MON's team. I think he should just cut his losses, get out and find a more suitable job.

We've got some pretty f***ing hard games coming up, we're a not out of the woods yet.

Nope we are not, and amazingly we are just seven points clear of the bottom. Having said that we would have to implode on a gigantic scale to drop now I think, there's too many simply awful teams between us and the bottom to have me overly worried.

Don't see where Wigan's goals will come from.

Talking about goals I think it's a bit funny bottom of the table West Ham have only scored three less goals than sixth placed Mackems. That gives me a bit of hope that we can catch the dirty scum. They've either defended fabulously all season (bar our game of course) our they've had a large slice of luck this year.

Don't see where Wigan's goals will come from.

Talking about goals I think it's a bit funny bottom of the table West Ham have only scored three less goals than sixth placed Mackems. That gives me a bit of hope that we can catch the dirty scum. They've either defended fabulously all season (bar our game of course) our they've had a large slice of luck this year.

You've nailed it, mix of both at different points of the season.

To be honest it is still fluid right now. Before the West Ham & Wigan games, I was hoping for some distance if we won both, but even after doing that, the difference between us the and last place is fucking 8 points. Results have really gone against us in the last two games, the bottom sides have all been winning and instead of drifting away, they've been keeping pace with the the middle pack. How do you fucking explain Wolves beating Chelsea?! Hope Ancelottin gets the sack for this!!!

So ya I think we will need more than 40 to survive,maybe even 43-45 ish

To be honest it is still fluid right now. Before the West Ham & Wigan games, I was hoping for some distance if we won both, but even after doing that, the difference between us the and last place is fucking 8 points. Results have really gone against us in the last two games, the bottom sides have all been winning and instead of drifting away, they've been keeping pace with the the middle pack. How do you fucking explain Wolves beating Chelsea?! Hope Ancelottin gets the sack for this!!!

So ya I think we will need more than 40 to survive,maybe even 43-45 ish

The fact that there are no obvious whipping boys means that it's less likely you'll need over 40 points to stay up this season. When West Ham went down with 42 there were 2 abjectly poor teams - with West Brom on 26 and Sunderland on 19.

The bottom teams are on around a point a game. One or two may drop below that ratio, but that's probably how it will end for the 18th place, so I reckon 39 points or 38 points with a decent goal difference will keep you up this season.