David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well I think the skilful prick would add something. 

KK fitted Barton in on the left and we're now playing him down the right. Barton isn't a winger he's only doing that job because he's one of our best players and we are finding a place to get him in the side around what else we've got. He is really a central midfielder. Routledge can kill a left back for pace but his delivery is shall we say inconsistent. Bentley will put good crosses in, can pick a pass, and can score goals btw. I still don't know what to believe about this rumour but if it comes off its ok by me.

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

@airborneracimo They've asked about both [bentley and Keane], but I'm told Bentley is the one they're really after. Spurs want to sell rather than loan though.

Guest Chubby Jason

@airborneracimo They've asked about both [bentley and Keane], but I'm told Bentley is the one they're really after. Spurs want to sell rather than loan though.

That's odd since Pardew seems to have hinted all along that a striker is our priority position.

Guest GeordieBatistuta

That's odd since Pardew seems to have hinted all along that a striker is our priority position.

I think he's said an offensive player all along, not necessarily a striker

doesn't mean we have to get players in order of prority when others are avaialable. having said this i'm not too keen on bentley.

Guest Chubby Jason

Yeah true, it is glaringly obvious though that a getting a forward in is a priority, I shudder to think where we would be had Carroll not had such a start to the season.

Yeah true, it is glaringly obvious though that a getting a forward in is a priority, I shudder to think where we would be had Carroll not had such a start to the season.

then again a different type of forward would be the type to compliment carroll...instead of someone to take over.

is the ben arfa plan to play him off carroll, centre midfield, wide left ?

Guest Heneage

Who would you rather have, Seb Larsson or Bentley? Larsson would be cheaper and probably on lower wages and has the better attitude.

Is the attitude thing not up for debate when you consider Larsson is having a contract dispute with his club over a reported pay rise?

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Ah yeah I wouldn't disagree. The thing is, I wouldn't be suprised for Pardew to think 'we've got a few strikers - Carroll, Shola, Loven, Best, Ranger' with out seeing that only one of them is scoring and suggesting we get someone who can deliver. Bentley would be decent, but from what i've read he sounds like a bit of a c**k

Guest GeordieBatistuta

then again a different type of forward would be the type to compliment carroll...instead of someone to take over.

Possibly the reason why we wont buy another striker? Maybe the plan all along is to use Ben Arfa off Carroll - and hope that we pick up goals along the way till HBA is fit

Who would you rather have, Seb Larsson or Bentley? Larsson would be cheaper and probably on lower wages and has the better attitude.

Is the attitude thing not up for debate when you consider Larsson is having a contract dispute with his club over a reported pay rise?

yeah he should accept whatever he's given.

Look man, you weren't nominated for best football poster. Why should he listen to you? Get over it. :lol:

Guest Heneage

I admit I'm playing Devil's advocate, but I seem to remember reading he wanted near 40k a week.

I admit I'm playing Devil's advocate, but I seem to remember reading he wanted near 40k a week.

didn't you read he was about to sign a new contract  and were adamant he wasn't leaving ?

Guest Chubby Jason

No idea. Shame we never got to find out because of big Nige and his fully honest and committed challenge.

Guest Chubby Jason

I remember Capello's first England game and Bentley was great. He started on the right and moved into the middle, his delivery great in both positions. If he can recreate with with AC up front we could be deadly.

Read in a swedish newspaper that he's supposed to be asking for 25-30k/week. That's not much imo if those numbers are to be believed. Never heard anything about him having a bad attitude either.

Really hope this comes off. Beggars can't be choosers here and if we give him plenty game time he could return to his best which I'd love to see.

Is his injury record poor or has he just been overlooked for a long time? I don't understand it myself..

Either way, a long way until this is even confirmed. Personally, my fingers are crossed.

Guest Heneage

Look man, you weren't nominated for best football poster. Why should he listen to you? Get over it. :lol:

Getting your son to vote for you doesn't count.