David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Games    Goals  Assists

2006–07     36     4       11

2007–08      37     6       11

More than a good couple of months like.

That's very good stats.

and stats are all they are. poor passes and mis hit shots become assists.

You recently said it matters not the quality of delivery because Carroll can make even the most average of delivery into something. Surely somebody who can cross with the quality he has done in the past would be a valuable asset to the team?

Gotta admit I'm just getting visions of that one away game where he tore us apart, and jumping the gun.

Guest taps01

Isnt there a quote from Pardew about our team lacking pace.  If that is the case Bentley isnt the type of winger i would expect us to sign

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

assists mean nowt, a poor pass to someone who scores will be counted as an assist, sholas header against the mackems 8yds out unmarked and going wide because nolan was there was an assist when in reality it was a poor header.

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

You recently said it matters not the quality of delivery because Carroll can make even the most average of delivery into something. Surely somebody who can cross with the quality he has done in the past would be a valuable asset to the team?

Gotta admit I'm just getting visions of that one away game where he tore us apart, and jumping the gun.

and if we play to that all the time we'll get found out as we have a bit any way.

Guest Chubby Jason

Everyone keeps saying it so my memory could be failing me but I don't remember Bentley being a particularly slow player. Not the quickest like, but a fair turn of pace. ???

He's not slow at all, he's not lightning but his vision and crossing ability makes up for it. He's a much more useful winger then Routledge & Jonas put together.

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

and if we play to that all the time we'll get found out as we have a bit any way.

I see what you mean.

You must play to your strengths though. Hopefully we'll have a forward on the way in aswell so it wont be that much of an issue anyway.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would take Larsson over Bentley.

Bentley a very underwhelming move, if true.

Whoosh right?

Bentley is ideal.

Similar to Stephen Ireland. A bargain if you can get his head right, a waste of money if not.

The ability is there.

As long as signing or loaning him doesn't eat in to the HBA fund I'd be ok with it.

being fair to bentley hes nowhere near the level of nutcase that ireland is

Bentley is the kind of player who could be half decent, or a complete waste of space. don't think he'll ever look like a top player again, if he ever was. i'd give him a chance but this is the sort of transfer that would make me uneasy about our prospects. saying that if pardew can coax a bit of form out of him he's far more likely to create some end product than Routledge or Jonas.

however, if this is a sign that we're prepared to spend a bit then i'll be happy (we need to).

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

assists mean nowt, a poor pass to someone who scores will be counted as an assist, sholas header against the mackems 8yds out unmarked and going wide because nolan was there was an assist when in reality it was a poor header.

If he comes in and sticks 11 shit passes on the heed of Nolan or AC9. Will you care about quality?

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

I see what you mean.

You must play to your strengths though. Hopefully we'll have a forward on the way in aswell so it wont be that much of an issue anyway.

hopefully, i'd actually be happier if we were to get a midfielder in it was a creative type who can get on the end of things. maybe the plan is ben arfa there and keep jonas left. (but there where would barton fit in ?)

Bentley is the kind of player who could be half decent, or a complete waste of space. don't think he'll ever look like a top player again, if he ever was. i'd give him a chance but this is the sort of transfer that would make me uneasy about our prospects. saying that if pardew can coax a bit of form out of him he's far more likely to create some end product than Routledge or Jonas.

however, if this is a sign that we're prepared to spend a bit then i'll be happy (we need to).

There's no way I'll be thinking that before the transfer window closes with us still owning all of our decent players.

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

If he comes in and sticks 11 s*** passes on the heed of Nolan or AC9. Will you care about quality?

of course i would, luck doesn't last.

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

If he comes in and sticks 11 s*** passes on the heed of Nolan or AC9. Will you care about quality?

of course i would, luck doesn't last.

Lasted 2 seasons based on them stats

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

I can guarantee you that he didn't produce 22 poor passes that resulted in goals.  They are good stats and show that for 2 seasons he was pretty damn good.

Guest kingdawson

Isn't he injured much of the time?

And Redknapp insists he will not be coming to White Hary Lane just to make up the numbers.

He added: "We've got no-one else to play on the right.

"David Bentley keeps picking up injuries on Friday morning. It's a no brainer."

That's how much Harry rates Bentley (that quote was from today btw).

I am happy to be proved wrong but I don't think this will actually happen. Papers are always full of shit and they don't care about being wrong. Simao was having a medical and Emerton was also nailed on but neither transpired and I don't remember any explanation.