FA Cup 3rd round: Stevenage v Newcastle United (Sat 8th Jan 5:30pm KO on ESPN)

Disco

If we go all out in this, I kinda feel sorry for the Stevenage team :lol:

They have no connection whatsoever to the side that nearly embarrassed us back then, yet they're probably going to feel the full force of the hatred and revenge :laugh:

Still called Stevenage, that'll do for connection :lol:

I'm sure they're not going to be treating it like any old game after being informed of the history, mate :lol: The manager for sure is talking about it in the form of 'revenge' for them, he'll relay that to the team, and they'll be pushing as hard as they can for a result.

Guest neesy111

Stevenage as a club and set of fans are absolute twats and they'll deserve it when we put 5 past them on saturday.

Guest toonlass

we should play all the reserves and rest the best!

Nah, give him another game, he might get another hat-trick!  :pow:

Guest Geordiesned

Sounds like Best (heel), Tiote (hamstring), S Taylor (hamstring), Smith (knee), Ameobi (ankle) and Carroll (thigh) all out injured.

Sounds like Best (heel), Tiote (hamstring), S Taylor (hamstring), Smith (knee), Ameobi (ankle) and Carroll (thigh) all out injured.

Xisco might actually start!

Krul

Perch Williamson  Kadar    Ferguson

Routledge  Guthrie  Gosling  Ranger

Lovenkrands  Xisco

Love to see Airey get some time on the pitch too.

still 10 days to the sunderland match....my guess is most of them....if not all are ready for that!

90 mins to smith against stevenage would have been nice though!.....maybe :undecided:

--------------Krul

Tavr----Willi-----Kadar----Perch

Rout---Smith-----Guth----Ferg

-------Ranger-----Loven

BENCH - Harps, Jose, Colo, Bart, Best, Vuckic, Nolan

Seeing Smith and Guthrie in midfield again actually makes me feel ill. Not that we have many other options.

Think Best should start though, get another couple of goals to get a run going.

None of Smith, Xisco or Guthrie has a future at the club so what's the point really playing them? This is a great chance to give a run out for the more promising youngsters like Vuckic, Rangers etc. Sure it's not going to be an easy one if Pardew goes Arsenal like full youth team(what I much doubt though) but I still believe we should win it pretty confortably...I'd like to see something as below

Krul

Perch  Williamson Kadar  Ferguson

Gosling    Vuckic    Inman

Best        Ranger    Moyo

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

None of Smith, Xisco or Guthrie has a future at the club so what's the point really playing them? This is a great chance to give a run out for the more promising youngsters like Vuckic, Rangers etc. Sure it's not going to be an easy one if Pardew goes Arsenal like full youth team(what I much doubt though) but I still believe we should win it pretty confortably...I'd like to see something as below

Krul

Perch  Williamson Kadar  Ferguson

Gosling     Vuckic     Inman

Best        Ranger    Moyo

Gosling won't be ready to start a game. Vuckic, Inman, Moyo? :lol:

--------------Krul

Tavr----Willi-----Kadar----Perch

Rout---Smith-----Guth----Ferg

-------Ranger-----Loven

BENCH - Harps, Jose, Colo, Bart, Best, Vuckic, Nolan

Seeing Smith and Guthrie in midfield again actually makes me feel ill. Not that we have many other options.

Think Best should start though, get another couple of goals to get a run going.

I think Smith is injured but I'm sure Guthrie is more than capable of making anyone feel ill by himself.