Goals per minute this season

Optimistic Nut

Best - 3 goals in 74 minutes = 1 goal in 25 minutes

Carroll - 11 goals in 1624 minutes = 1 goal in 148 minutes

Nolan - 9 goals in 1491 minutes = 1 goal in 166 minutes

Lovenkrands - 2 goals in 409 minutes = 1 goal in 205 minutes

Ameobi - 4 goals in 826 minutes = 1 goal in 206 minutes

One striker averaging 3 goals a game, two players averaging 1 in 2, and another two on just over 1 in 3. :lol:

It's funny, a Liverpool fan I sit next at work was convinced we'd struggle for goals this year.

i thought we would at the start of the season though it has not been the case. mind you in some games we still do look a bit bereft of creativity, for instance the losses against winnable opposition or the games where we've only had one tactic of hitting hit long to carroll. which is odd cos in other games we rattle them in. been an odd season in general though, not just for us either.

Not particularly bothered about 2nd season syndrome since we are an established top flight club in all aspects.  Last season was just an unfortunate anomaly.

This. May sound a bit bigheaded, but we're obviously not in the same boat as most promoted teams. We're in the sort of position West Ham were in, only even better.

Been pleasantly suprised that we've carried on from last season. Dare I say we need to be wary of second season symdrome next season?

Definitely need to be cautious of it, in the shape of sensible investment. It happens every single season.

I'm not concerned about our away form. Goals scored at home are similar to goals conceded away, in that it's generally been fairly standard with one or two anomilies.

our away form is going to be very important. (and i think it'll be our strongpoint)

I'm not concerned about our away form. Goals scored at home are similar to goals conceded away, in that it's generally been fairly standard with one or two anomilies.

our away form is going to be very important. (and i think it'll be our strongpoint)

Don't exactly have to be freescoring though. 0-1s will do.

Guest guinness_fiend

It's funny, a Liverpool fan I sit next at work was convinced we'd struggle for goals this year.

To be fair, so did most people on here.