Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Jonas was poor against City and generally hasn't been up to his best for a few games now, but there's no doubt he's a hard worker and very useful to the team... he can regain his top form.

he can if he decides he doesn't have to be in touching distance of jose.

Guest neesy111

Jonas was poor against City and generally hasn't been up to his best for a few games now, but there's no doubt he's a hard worker and very useful to the team... he can regain his top form.

What top-form???  The guy hasn't had a decent set of performances since he's been at the club.

he can if he decides he doesn't have to be in touching distance of jose.

Yeah, his lack of running ahead of the ball was getting annoying, but he did do it more against West Ham.

What top-form???  The guy hasn't had a decent set of performances since he's been at the club.

That's ridiculous, he's contributed a lot. I never said he would become a world-beater, but he can play better than he has been recently.

Guest neesy111

He was terrible on Wednesday like. Worst I've seen from him.

I would of fancied most people on here against West Ham's defence on wednesday tbh.

Way over the top. I know Jonas divides opinion because of his style, but he worries defenders, works teams hard and causes problems in most of the games he plays.

Can never understand why he gets so much grief, although I know he hasn't been playing very well recently.

(Sorry off topic, I know this is the Larsson thread!)

Guest neesy111

That's ridiculous, he's contributed a lot. I never said he would become a world-beater, but he can play better than he has been recently.

The guy has never put in a consistent run of performances at this club yet.  We've had the sporadic good performances and then he goes back into his usual form of games when he offers not much as an attacking out-let.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He was great on Sunday one of his best games

Guest neesy111

I would of fancied most people on here against West Ham's defence on wednesday tbh.

What? :lol:

West Ham were so bad on Wednesday at the back it was ridiculous.  Worst defensive performance I've seen from a premiership team.

Guest neesy111

Way over the top. I know Jonas divides opinion because of his style, but he worries defenders, works teams hard and causes problems in most of the games he plays.

Can never understand why he gets so much grief, although I know he hasn't been playing very well recently.

(Sorry off topic, I know this is the Larsson thread!)

Completely agree. He gets way too much stick.

Plus, I thought he did very well against Wigan.

And you complain from lack of quality from routledge ???

West Ham were so bad on Wednesday at the back it was ridiculous.  Worst defensive performance I've seen from a premiership team.

Yeah I know, and what has that got to be with Jonas being terrible? :laugh:

So what about when Jonas has the ball and Enrique doesnt move away from him to make a run and the fans urge him to drive past so he can get the ball, surely if they both are more comfortable with short exchanges with each other then one decides to cut inside or which ever option they choose is for the best rather than urging them to do thigns differently. The left sided partnership of them two is one of the strongest areas we have and where a lot of our attacks are based through that partnership. Both of them are up and down, both can drive at players, both capable of beating there man, final product isn't great but they are both far more dangerous at running into the box and looking for the cut back or pen.

Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, his work rate for the team is without question top draw.

I think your confusing Jonas with Joey. Jonas is the one who plays on the left with the long hair. Only second to Shola in terms of lazyness and lack of work rate.

Nolan?

Barring a handful of appearances at central midfield and right back, Larsson hasn't played anywhere but wide right for club or country for years. Talk of him replacing Jonas is daft.

If he's coming here it's to replace Barton (moving on or moving inside) or to be his understudy.

For me from a purely tactical point of view, Jonas' value doesn't lie in his direct productivity but in the directness of his play, he does draw a lot of fouls which is useful when you have AC in the box and he also cuts inside which creates both space for our CM as it often draws in the opposition CM and also creates alot more space for Enrique. For me this has allowed Enrique to drive forward more and also has allowed him to cross from more dangerous areas. I lost count of the number of times our right hand side was left in acres of space because play had been drawn over from the left hand side. Im yet to see Enrique and Jonas offered the same amount of space because neither Barton or Simpson draw in the opposition as much as these 2 do.

I cant help think that those criticising Jonas want a direct player, with pace who can cross a ball really well, well doesn't everyone?!

For me from a purely tactical point of view, Jonas' value doesn't lie in his direct productivity but in the directness of his play, he does draw a lot of fouls which is useful when you have AC in the box and he also cuts inside which creates both space for our CM as it often draws in the opposition CM and also creates alot more space for Enrique. For me this has allowed Enrique to drive forward more and also has allowed him to cross from more dangerous areas. I lost count of the number of times our right hand side was left in acres of space because play had been drawn over from the left hand side. Im yet to see Enrique and Jonas offered the same amount of space because neither Barton or Simpson draw in the opposition as much as these 2 do.

I cant help think that those criticising Jonas want a direct player, with pace who can cross a ball really well, well doesn't everyone?!

Totally agree. Because he is the main player in our team willing to run with it then the opposition often double up on him too which then leaves Enrique the space. I love the way our left hand side works and wouldn't want to change it. Put a traditional hit the byline swing it in winger and then Enrique won't get as much space.  I only saw the highlights of West Ham on football first but I thought Jonas did ok.

Guest neesy111

He looked ok, but he was still crap as he was playing against a shocking defence.  Tbf, you are right.

He looked ok, but he was still crap as he was playing against a shocking defence.  Tbf, you are right.

Oh right, sorry. I thought you thought I was being sarcastic and that he actually was good.

If we played a 4-5-1 with an attack of

Tiote

Barton                Nolan

Larsson                                  Jonas

Carroll

I reckon it'd be pretty effective.  Larrson and Barton both with the ability to float balls in, and Barton can still drift and support Simpson with Tiote shoring up the middle with Nolan.  Means you can pack the midfield without having to use Smith or Routledge, essentially.

Utter bollocks.

Guest neesy111

Utter bollocks.

:no: