Hopefully Guthrie and Smith.

players i wouldn´t mind leaving us this window or the next is:

guthrie, we have better options and he will never be a first team regular

smith, useless

campbell, too old better have youngsters as 3 or 4th cover for cb

løvenkrands, in the summer, not good enough

perch or taylor, seems to cover same positions as back up

xisco, coz we will never get the chance

harper, in the summer coz he looks old and like the idea of playing krul who looks to have great potential

best or shola, should keep caroll and ranger and buy 1 or 2 new strikers

For 1,5 mil I say go. Proven PL player with great right foot. Versitaile can play right mid, central mid and right back. If it doesnt work out his value will still be ok so it wont be a big loss to sell him.

would love to have him at newcastle.

sell smith and raylor

This. If we want to move up we need to upgrade on those and Guthrie(and most strikers too) which Larsson will be if Barton or Nolan were out for any period.

with smiths wages we can't even give him away.

No matter if he's going to be good enough to start or just a great squad player it will be a great investment and if we decided to sell him we would make a profit, 100% sure.

He's better than our non starting midfielders so there's nothing to loose, he will make our squad alot stronger and give some competition for starting places, and this for 1.5m if we sign him.

We will get injurys and suspensions to our key players.

if this comes off nolan will be under as much threat, also with bartons wages being on the high side (its not just a question of his wages but if he's offered a new contract on the same wages its seen as a precedent), then the hard choice of whether to try and get cash for him if they cant agree a contract extension.

I don't think if we did sign seb he would be replacing Jonas by any means, im sure Pardew said he wanted to add pace to the team, take out jonas and them four in the middle would have the pace of a snail race. Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, yes he lacks the technique of barton and end product but he frightens defenders and puts them on the back foot, he is a dangerous player and his work rate for the team is without question top draw. The only player that will be putting Jonas' arse on the bench is HBA when he is fit and deservedly so on what we have seen so far from him.

I don't think if we did sign seb he would be replacing Jonas by any means, im sure Pardew said he wanted to add pace to the team, take out jonas and them four in the middle would have the pace of a snail race. Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, yes he lacks the technique of barton and end product but he frightens defenders and puts them on the back foot, he is a dangerous player and his work rate for the team is without question top draw. The only player that will be putting Jonas' arse on the bench is HBA when he is fit and deservedly so on what we have seen so far from him.

which jonas you been watching, he rarely uses his pace and is as direct as a tourists taxi. he wont leave joses side evenwhen he has yards in front of him.

take out jonas and them four in the middle would have the pace of a snail race.

this worries me a bit, when we went down we zero dimensions to our game - everything was wrong

now we have pretty much one dimension albeit a very good and effective one, we won't be able to string that along forever, eventually our lack of pace will be shown up

fwiw if the mackems are after him aswell,as rumoured, he may well want to go there as he'd be a guranteed starter, which he wouldn't be here.

Do you think Bruce would move Henderson in the middle of the park?

Guest firetotheworks

I like Larsson a lot,but I dont understand why we're being linked with right-sided player,when Barton has been an absolute revelation there.

fwiw if the mackems are after him aswell,as rumoured, he may well want to go there as he'd be a guranteed starter, which he wouldn't be here.

Do you think Bruce would move Henderson in the middle of the park?

yes. all the mackems i know see him as a central midfielder and rave about him and meyler being together.

Guest neesy111

If Barton took an ankle knock for a month we'd be screwed.

At £1.5 this'd be a good signing.  No pressure on him to come in straight away.

Will he want to sign though to be cover for Barton, doubtful in my eyes.

If you ask me he sounds no better than ryan taylor: "decent on ball but excellent set piece taker".

Don't see the point unless we are getting rid of Raylor...

they do sound similar when put like that, but they aren't.