Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Guest neesy111

There's a lot of Guthrie hate here.

Most of our big home wins last Season had him in the middle. He's not worth a starting place, sure, but is decent back-up who is young enough to get better. I seem to remember good, solid midfielders like Jenas and Parker getting similiar stick because they just did their job of making the team tick, even if they didn't have Barton's spectacular long passes or Nolan's great scoring rate.

Guess you haven't watched him this season then.

Guest Roger Kint

Most of our big home wins last Season had him in the middle.

Different level, looks very short of the fitness/quality in this league. Also a lot of those wins had Routledge playing.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Well, he's not played much, has he? I'm betting you didn't think Best was worth any patience before the other night either?

Here in sweden, pundits and columnists are warning Larsson for a move to Newcastle. The club has trouble to achieve anything and players seems to stale off in their development at the club is the judgement passed out...

Bosse Petersson? Who wants him to stay in Birmingham, despite Seb clearly not being happy there, or for him to go to Everton because it would be a "step up".

Same guy who stated that Louis Saha has proven too many times he's not good enough for the Premiership. Also tried to convince everyone that Bales fluke headed goal from van der Vaarts free kick was something the two of them had practiced in training. Complete tosser.

Guest neesy111

Well, he's not played much, has he? I'm betting you didn't think Best was worth any patience before the other night either?

Guthrie doesn't have the skill or physique to compete in the premiership.  He only looked decent in 1 game v Chelsea.  The rest of the games i.e. Bolton & West Brom he was completely hopeless in.  Also having him in the team was one of the reasons in why we went down in the 08/09 season.

Guthrie doesn't have the skill or physique to compete in the premiership.  He only looked decent in 1 game v Chelsea.  The rest of the games i.e. Bolton & West Brom he was completely hopeless in.  Also having him in the team was one of the reasons in why we went down in the 08/09 season.

He got injured and was out for the season sometime in.. February I think. We had to play Smith and Butt instead.

That's probably why we were relegated.

I don't want to write Guthrie off, but it doesn't look good for him.

He needs to put some serious work in on his physique and sprint speed if he's going to make it in the Premiership. Not he will have many chances to play by the looks of things.

Guthrie doesn't have the skill or physique to compete in the premiership.  He only looked decent in 1 game v Chelsea.  The rest of the games i.e. Bolton & West Brom he was completely hopeless in.  Also having him in the team was one of the reasons in why we went down in the 08/09 season.

tbf they all looked completely hopeless at Bolton and West Brom.

Most of our big home wins last Season had him in the middle. He's not worth a starting place, sure, but is decent back-up who is young enough to get better. I seem to remember good, solid midfielders like Jenas and Parker getting similiar stick because they just did their job of making the team tick, even if they didn't have Barton's spectacular long passes or Nolan's great scoring rate.

I agree - he was shocking against West Brom BUT overall he has been a good player for us and I think he is a more than useful squad player

Here in sweden, pundits and columnists are warning Larsson for a move to Newcastle. The club has trouble to achieve anything and players seems to stale off in their development at the club is the judgement passed out...

Bosse Petersson? Who wants him to stay in Birmingham, despite Seb clearly not being happy there, or for him to go to Everton because it would be a "step up".

Same guy who stated that Louis Saha has proven too many times he's not good enough for the Premiership. Also tried to convince everyone that Bales fluke headed goal from van der Vaarts free kick was something the two of them had practiced in training. Complete tosser.

Can't speak for anything else, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had practiced that free-kick before, or at least talked it through. Did you watch the reactions closely?

Guest jeffers09

As i live in the area been to quite a few birmingham games in the last few years and i have to say he's never really stood out for me he's a so-so player has a decent set peice  but never beats his man i think we would be better of elsewere tbh.Would take Bentley all day over him.

As i live in the area been to quite a few birmingham games in the last few years and i have to say he's never really stood out for me he's a so-so player has a decent set peice  but never beats his man i think we would be better of elsewere tbh.Would take Bentley all day over him.

This is what worries me a bit, I know he has good delivery but lacks pace (I know he's not really slow, buts he's no winger) and is not the most penetrating player. How different is he to Ryan Taylor who hasn't had a look in this season?

This is my opinion from what I have seen.

I'd have Larsson for £1.5m, <£25k wages over a £4m, +£30k a week Bentley.

I think Bentley would be about £6-7m and about £40kpw Iyam

Maybe a Spuds man can shed some light; wouldn't have thought his wages would be that high tbh.

Doesn't change the fact I'd much rather Larsson.

Guest neesy111

This is my opinion from what I have seen.

I've got that feeling as well.