Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Good signing if it comes off.  Surprised Birmingham want rid tbh.

He doesn't want a new contract so they might aswell get some money for him.

Don't rate him.

Surprising.

Just think he's very average.

Cannot beat a man, crossing is not great. Set pieces seem to fly over the bar more often than not.

Not an upgrade on Barton, where is he going to play?

Guest neesy111

Amazing that everyone thinks he is going to be RW cover.  I'm sure he'll be brought in as LW cover as we already have routeldge on the RW for cover for Barton.

Still so many people willing to see Barton moved away from the right, even for a player like Larsson. I'm going to sound like Ronny here but are you guys blind?

Maybe you're right but we still need a squad so we're not bricking it every time there's an injury.

I don't know a whole lot about Larsson but if he's as good as people are making out (better than Jonas) and he's that price then for a club on a budget looking to build he'd be a shrewd addition. He has 5 assists for a club 2 points off bottom place which suggests he's got something. Good age, Premier League experience, cheap.

Barton's doing a brilliant job on the right, but there'll be times when he's injured, loses form, or has to move inside due to an injury to Nolan. I don't fancy Routledge at all to be honest either as backup or to bring off the bench.

Guest neesy111

Amazing that everyone thinks he is going to be RW cover.  I'm sure he'll be brought in as LW cover as we already have routeldge on the RW for cover for Barton.

Is he not totally right-sided though?

As opposed to our Right Footed Left Winger.  Not much a difference there.

Amazing that everyone thinks he is going to be RW cover.  I'm sure he'll be brought in as LW cover as we already have routeldge on the RW for cover for Barton.

There is like.

Jonas can't cross with either foot, but playing him on the left works to an extent because he's quick, a good ball carrier and can take people on (or atleast last season he did). Larsson is a 'wide midfielder' more than anything, not much pace but has reasonable delivery. He's very right footed meaning he's almost exclusively right sided - playing him on the left negates his best attributes and playing onto his left he's even more inadequate than Jonas there.

Guest neesy111

Jonas can't cross with either foot, but playing him on the left works to an extent because he's quick, a good ball carrier and can take people on (or atleast last season he did). Larsson is a 'wide midfielder' more than anything, not much pace but has reasonable delivery. He's very right footed meaning he's almost exclusively right sided - playing him on the left negates his best attributes and playing onto his left he's even more inadequate than Jonas there.

Then what is the point in us signing Larsson then, we already have an in-balanced squad as it is.  This will make it worse.  Unless routledge is off to the bin-dippers ???

Has Larsson EVER played on the left?? He's being looked at as a right sided player like Bentley was.

Left back in Arsenal according to Wikipedia :D

Just because we sign someone for a bit of money doesn't mean we have to push them straight into our first team. Whoever we sign in Jan is going to have to fight there way into the first team. Our midfield is working well at the moment with barton's delivery and passion on the right with spiderman's pace and workrate on the left. If we sign larrson or bentley or whoever there's no harm in it creating compitition for places. We still have Dan Gosling and HBA to come back from injury aswell which will boost the midfield options furthur.