FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The way i saw it, tiote jumped for a ball that was about 3 or 4 feet in front of the player. And as he got the ball the other player and tiote and the ball collided.

15 years ago, no problem. But in modern that is a red card. But like i said i hope it looks better later and more importantly i hope the fa see do us a favour.

Guest Stephen927

I don't expect Tiote to give anything less than 100%. He showed more heart and desire in that tackle than the entire squad put together (bar Barton and Airey).

Pardew needed a reaction, I think Guthrie would have done exactly the same as Smith, and to carry on with Smith playing would be defeatist. Tiote at least carries the ball well, and doesn't waste it needlessly. You're going to get red cards and yellows with players like Tiote, it's pointless trying to change them because the fire in his belly makes him the player he is.

Guest guinness_fiend

I don't expect Tiote to give anything less than 100%. He showed more heart and desire in that tackle than the entire squad put together (bar Barton and Airey).

Pardew needed a reaction, I think Guthrie would have done exactly the same as Smith, and to carry on with Smith playing would be defeatist. Tiote at least carries the ball well, and doesn't waste it needlessly. You're going to get red cards and yellows with players like Tiote, it's pointless trying to change them because the fire in his belly makes him the player he is.

Forumite in common sense shocker!

Guest sicko2ndbest

There was virtually no appealing from the Stevenage players

and that makes any difference how? :lol:

I would back a players judgement on the pitch close to the action over any ref. They play the game they know what constitutes a great tackle and what constitutes dangerous foul play.

They saw it as a great challenge and were ready to carry on playing

This is like the "Smith gives his all" argument people have been coming out with for ages.  Jumping into tackles does not equal heart and desire, it equals stupidity and naivety.

100% red card. Didn't do too much damage but was reckless and he had no control once he'd decided to jump in. Won't be overturned and they'll probably make it 4.

Stupid 'tackle' to make in the first place. In keeping with the rest of the game tbh. :hmm:

I would back a players judgement on the pitch close to the action over any ref. They play the game they know what constitutes a great tackle and what constitutes dangerous foul play.

:lol:

There have been plenty of times players have went insane hands flying over handballs that weren't handballs, and surrounded the referee on goals and challenges they feel shouldn't have stood, when it's clear it's all don to influence the ref - how do explain the 'player judgement' in these cases?

one of the worst decisions i've ever seen, which says a lot in the era of Lampard-gate and the phantom goal. in my opinion, it was never ever ever a red card.

but it wont get overturned because football is shit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There have been plenty of times players have went insane hands flying over handballs that weren't handballs, and surrounded the referee on goals and challenges they feel shouldn't have stood, when it's clear it's all don to influence the ref - how do explain the 'player judgement' in these cases?

I know what your saying, but in many of those instances they know its a borderline decision so they hope by voicing their opinions it is going to tip the scales in their favour

I dont think it even entered the Stevenage plaers heads as it wasnt even borderline, it was just a fantastic challenge

very not happy

- dont think theres much chance of it being overturned

should have been a yellow- but it was wreckless and 2 feet off the ground- so now we miss a heavyweight for the game against the unwashed monkeys.

Guest Stephen927

This is like the "Smith gives his all" argument people have been coming out with for ages.  Jumping into tackles does not equal heart and desire, it equals stupidity and naivety.

Yeah, Tiote is stupid and naive because he wants to win the ball back.

Yeah, Tiote is stupid and naive because he wants to win the ball back.

Yup. He's extra stupid because he succeeded in doing so. How NAIVE of him.

Guest Geordiesned

If the ref had any balls he would view the footage, realise he's made a mistake and downgrade it to a yellow without need for an appeal. Unfortunately Andre Marriner has already shown us this season that he's a cunt so he won't.