FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As a Newcastle fan i'm begging it's overturned. As a football fan i kinda hope it isn't. Whether he won the ball or not you shouldn't go in on players like that. Cheick won the ball cos he's f***ing brilliant... most players aren't as good as him and, i reckon, over half the time a player goes in like that - they'll get atleast some of the man. It's dangerous. If he was a second (less than, tbh) out of time he'd have snapped the players leg in half.

Punish Tiote for being good at his job, let De Jong walk away for being s**** at it...mad world.

De Jong's was just as reckless and he should have been sent off too - i f***ing hate what happened then, and it's kinda my point. It's just unfortunate it's one of our players. You should get sent off for going in two-footed, off the floor imo.

:thup:

Everything you've said in this past couple of pages has been spot on - this feels weird :lol:

De Jong's was reckless and dangerous and should have resulted in a red card. Tiote's was less reckless and less dangerous, but it doesn't make it not a reckless and dangerous challenge.

Needless to say, I hope the appeal works. For the sake of the team, we really need him.

Both his feet were off the floor.

so it was a lunge then

Are we arguing semantics here? :razz:

Personally i just think it's a reckless way to initiate a tackle. I'm a fan of big tackles too, like Toon's Taylor says, but it was as close to being a leg-breaker without actually being one. It should have been a red for that alone imo.

More than anything, who's to say that Marriner knew anything about Tiote as a player? He may have been in control and executed the challenge brilliantly because he is brilliant, but how is that relevant to the referee making a decision? He has to make the same decision whether it's Cheik Tiote making the challenge, or Kyle Naughtan.

Anyway the tackle is a wierd one, did he use unnecisary force? Was he in control? Was he reckless?

I think thats the criteria that the look at, and tbh i cannot see us winning an appeal and the fa undermining one of there officials in such a case. Utter discusting he'll more than likely face a 3 match ban where as de jong walked free like.

Guest Geordiesned

As a Newcastle fan i'm begging it's overturned. As a football fan i kinda hope it isn't. Whether he won the ball or not you shouldn't go in on players like that. Cheick won the ball cos he's fucking brilliant... most players aren't as good as him and, i reckon, over half the time a player goes in like that - they'll get atleast some of the man. It's dangerous. If he was a second (less than, tbh) out of time he'd have snapped the players leg in half.

Bollocks.

Guest GeordieAce

I don't think it was the actual tackle that got him sent off, more the fact it was very dangerous play. Get that wrong and as people have said your looking at a leg breaker.

And like I say, with the FA panel, the fact that he's brilliant won't even come into account. They have to treat him the same as an average player performing the same challenge.

One thing thats nice to see like is newcastle fans not instantly sticking up for him as he's tiote, went on the city boards after ben arfa had his leg hacked in half and not 1 person admited it was a bad challenge and we were just a bunch of geordie puffs, was cringeworthy to be honest.

And like I say, with the FA panel, the fact that he's brilliant won't even come into account. They have to treat him the same as an average player performing the same challenge.

unless his name is stevie g which i am certain will be appealed and overturned

when is the result of the appeal meant to be,  i must've spent all afternoon at work today checking here, .com, skysports, bbc etc then i leave work, nowt on radio,  been out and about come in and still nothing!!!

The suspense is killing me even though i know deep down that the FA won't rescind it.

As a Newcastle fan i'm begging it's overturned. As a football fan i kinda hope it isn't. Whether he won the ball or not you shouldn't go in on players like that. Cheick won the ball cos he's fucking brilliant... most players aren't as good as him and, i reckon, over half the time a player goes in like that - they'll get atleast some of the man. It's dangerous. If he was a second (less than, tbh) out of time he'd have snapped the players leg in half.

Bollocks.

Atleast argue man!

As a Newcastle fan i'm begging it's overturned. As a football fan i kinda hope it isn't. Whether he won the ball or not you shouldn't go in on players like that. Cheick won the ball cos he's f***ing brilliant... most players aren't as good as him and, i reckon, over half the time a player goes in like that - they'll get atleast some of the man. It's dangerous. If he was a second (less than, tbh) out of time he'd have snapped the players leg in half.

Bollocks.

Atleast argue man!

He was nowhere near the player when he left the ground though, and he certainly wasn't in the air when the tackle was made. I don't think for one second he'd have went for the ball in that manner if he didn't think he'd win the ball and not hurt the opponent.

when is the result of the appeal meant to be,  i must've spent all afternoon at work today checking here, .com, skysports, bbc etc then i leave work, nowt on radio,  been out and about come in and still nothing!!!

The suspense is killing me even though i know deep down that the FA won't rescind it.

I posted the rules on the previous page, have a look. :)