Is anyone else excited?

Guest sicko2ndbest

very pleased the way the season is going but not excited coz i know Carroll will probably go in the summer and a big bid for Tiote, Barton or Enriqiue would probably see them go too

We have a team that cares

We have a few players who a top 6 team could be built around

..............................GK...............................

RB................CB  .......Colo..................Jose

Barton........Tiote...........Nolan............HBA

....................CF...........Carroll....................

We seem to be able to up it big games, and have players who dont hide

We are 2 points from Europe

Today we were magnificent. What we lacked in certain areas we made up for with sheer determination, something half of those twats in Red and White dont know anything about

I love this group of players (particularly Jose, Tiote, Barton and Carroll) more than i have since KK's teams

Proud to be a mag today!

Agreed. 3 or 4 signings away from being very competitive imo, if we spend a bit and get the signings right. although we'll also have to keep hold of our best players which will be easier said than done in the summer, i can see us receiving sizeable bids for Enrique, Tiote and Carroll which must be repelled, and Barton's future is not yet sorted.

Europe would absolutely ruin us FWIW. Our squad is paper thin anyway without having an extra 8 games (at least - assuming we qualify for the groups) before christmas.

See Ipswich Town a few years ago for reference.

We'd have to sign a fair few that's for sure.

On the thread generally, we have the basis of a really good side here but need to build on it if we're going to do anything.

No point getting excited until Ashley displays a semblance of ambition. Keeping Carroll and the likes is a start.

exactly. 

we're at a critical point now - all hangs on the direction in the transfer market.

We have a team that cares

We have a few players who a top 6 team could be built around

..............................GK...............................

RB................CB  .......Colo..................Jose

Barton........Tiote...........Nolan............HBA

....................CF...........Carroll....................

We seem to be able to up it big games, and have players who dont hide

We are 2 points from Europe

Today we were magnificent. What we lacked in certain areas we made up for with sheer determination, something half of those twats in Red and White dont know anything about

I love this group of players (particularly Jose, Tiote, Barton and Carroll) more than i have since KK's teams

Proud to be a mag today!

Agreed. 3 or 4 signings away from being very competitive imo, if we spend a bit and get the signings right. although we'll also have to keep hold of our best players which will be easier said than done in the summer, i can see us receiving sizeable bids for Enrique, Tiote and Carroll which must be repelled, and Barton's future is not yet sorted.

I genuinely think our first XI are competitive against every team in the league.

our starting XI is a quality RB, CB and ST away from being very very good. we'd need more depth obviously, but having Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Gosling, Routledge, Ranger etc as back up is good too.

so things look exciting. but then we're one Mike Ashley decision away from it all falling apart.

Not really. Pardew is our manager and Ashley the owner.

I´m happy that we seems to be back to a stable mid table team. But I won´t start to be excited in a very long time.

I am happy to win football matches, I´ll take it from there.

On his interview with the BBC, Nolan says they 'still know' we need 'four or five faces' to be pushing for the Europa League spots (going forward, I mean). Can't disagree.

sounds right, but other than good strike partner for ac9 i think its more in the squad we need to improve more than 1st team, need better backups for our 1st team

On his interview with the BBC, Nolan says they 'still know' we need 'four or five faces' to be pushing for the Europa League spots (going forward, I mean). Can't disagree.

In some ways it's frustrating more than exciting because despite all of Ashley's efforts to the contrary, we're somehow in a position where we could make a very realistic push for Europe if someone just knocked on wood and decided to take the risk and spend about 30 million in the market.

We're not in a financial position to do that though.

it would be nice to think we were aiming for Europe, if not this season then next.

He wasn't referring to this season of course, in case it wasn't obvious.

tbh the way this season is we could end up in europe even if it isn't our aim

we were one minute away from a win which would have got us all a little bit interested.

Agree on the core of the team. Two good young goalkeepers in Krul and Forster, a set of defenders in Colo, José (primarily), Williamson, Simpson, Taylor and Kadar (backup/good enough for now) that will not let us down, a midfield that wins most battles (Tioté, Nolan, Barton) and Hatem Ben Arfa being the most exciting signing for ages. Add Carroll with the world at his feet to that, and this can be the start of something very good.

Like some have pointed out, I wish we had someone in charge of things that we all liked and respected, but Pardew can still win me over.