Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

After watching the stoke game we are going down,

Have taken 20/1 with bet 365 the cash will soften the blow when we are relegated again.

:lol: If only there were another 8 games...

Have taken 20/1 with bet 365 the cash will soften the blow when we are relegated again.

Thats the point out of the eight games On current form I cant see were our next win would come from,

We have lost all our fight since carrol went,He was replaced by a loan striker no one else wanted.

Thats the point out of the eight games On current form I cant see were our next win would come from,

We have lost all our fight since carrol went,He was replaced by a loan striker no one else wanted.

One of those rare gems where not even a single statement within the post is factually correct

One of those rare gems where not even a single statement within the post is factually correct

To get a draw from 4-0 down without any fight is quite impressive, I must say. Just imagine if you did have some fight!

It's alright. We'll win against Wolves and be staying up, then lose against Villa and be going down again. Then we'll beat Blackpool and be staying up, then lose to Liverpool and...you get the picture.

It's alright. We'll win against Wolves and be staying up, then lose against Villa and be going down again. Then we'll beat Blackpool and be staying up, then lose to Liverpool and...you get the picture.

Hey, look on the bright side.

At least we can start this all over again the first time we lose to a non top six side next season.

:lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

You lot can bury your heads in the sand and argue we will be ok but you have very short memories.  We have been here before and you all spouted the same delusional cr*p that we would pick up enough points to stay up and what happened?  We went down and the same signs are there for all to see.  I have absolutely no confidence at all in getting a result at home to wolves.  For a start they have better strikers than we do!

The real point here is we shouldn't be in this position at all!  This is the result of the hierarchy at NUFC being reactive rather than proactive.

If we had planned ahead like Liverpool and said ok we can get a good price for AC and can then bring in 3 quality players including a good striker in january, then we would probably be challenging for europe now. 

Instead they thought like all the other delusional fools that we were safe due to the team spiri, but they reckoned without Pardew throwing a spanner in the works by trying to put his own stamp on the team which has gradually worn down the team spirit ( which again wasn't helped by selling AC at the last minute without even a replacement).

I think we will go down.

So much so that you have to say it twice in about six hours? : :shifty: :razz:

Nah, I've said it all season. I've actually said it so much that one bloke actually wanted to bet £100 against me. I couldn't afford £100, offered him £10, but he rejected. He probably made the right decision to pull out ;)

Do you want a f***ing medal for thinking we'll go down all season? :lol:

The absolute worst kind of pathetic

I want a f***ing medal for not losing my mind regardless of us having a good or bad run of results.And instead of repeating myself too much, I've stated my opinions in the signature ;)

You kill my brain cells by merely existing.

are you sure thats not radiation?

For sure. You just have to ignore statements like that. Radiation is a cruel thing.

Can see us picking up 10 points, tops. Hopefully that will be enough to keep us up.

10 points will easily be enough.

We need 6, and quite frankly if we don't get at least 6 points from our run home we don't deserve to stay up.

Really? You think 42 points will definitely be enough to stay up?

Can see us picking up 10 points, tops. Hopefully that will be enough to keep us up.

We need 6, and quite frankly if we don't get at least 6 points from our run home we don't deserve to stay up.

It's been enough every other Premiership 20-team season, bar one. So I don't see why this year will be any different.

If we win 1 more game, it pretty much means that 5 of the bottom 7 would have to win 3 out of 8 to finish ahead of us with our goal difference as it is. That's highly unlikely. You might get 2 or 3 who manage it, and that's without even considering the fact we might scrape 2 or 3 wins out of 8 ourselves. I think we're fine.

It's been enough every other Premiership 20-team season, bar one. So I don't see why this year will be any different.

If we win 1 more game, it pretty much means that 5 of the bottom 7 would have to win 3 out of 8 to finish ahead of us with our goal difference as it is. That's highly unlikely. You might get 2 or 3 who manage it, and that's without even considering the fact we might scrape 2 or 3 wins out of 8 ourselves. I think we're fine.

Agree with you both. However, I would like to point out that this is not like any other Premier League season (that I can remember anyway). There are no Burnley's, Derby's etc. Every team has a chance of staying up, and with the exception of Wigan (arguably) I don't think any club's fate is sealed.

Have a look at Wolves' fixtures for example. The form they are in, they could easily pick up 12 points.

We can only hope our players haven't grown complacent and bought into the mentality that we are safe and nailed on for a mid-table finish.

Really? It's far from being a normal year. West Ham or Wolves just need to get 1.25 points per game to change that, which they look capable of.

I haven't thought about it too heavily for a few games, but I think I agree it'll be enough by the way. Seem to recall there are a lot of six pointers which will pit our dangerous rivals against each other and make one of them less dangerous. Still, I wouldn't call myself confident at 42... Call me at 44 and we can start talks. To change my position I'd need more than two teams to have their form absolutely collapse and I can only see one really clear candidate for that - Blackburn. Probably with Villa, given what I've heard about off field activities, and us bringing up the rear in pure form terms, with Blackpool following on to an even lesser extent.

:thup: Put it this way, if a team with more than 42 points goes down, even with the Premier League as it has been this season, I'll be very very surprised.

It has been competitive and they have pulled off some good performances, but there's a reason why Wigan, West Ham and Wolves have spent most of the season down there. Call me an eternal optimist, but I can't see all of those teams between us pulling in more points than us.

Win the next two and we'll be in Europe innit

:thup: Put it this way, if a team with more than 42 points goes down, even with the Premier League as it has been this season, I'll be very very surprised.

It has been competitive and they have pulled off some good performances, but there's a reason why Wigan, West Ham and Wolves have spent most of the season down there. Call me an eternal optimist, but I can't see all of those teams between us pulling in more points than us.

How many points do you think we'll finish with this season?

Just looking at our fixtures. Blackpool away looks absolutely critical to me. Speaking at this point in time i.e. given what I think it will say about how our prior two games will have gone, if we lose that I think we're down. I'd be confident of it. Further to that, less than 4 points from the next 3 games and I think we're down.

We need to bay for fucking Wolverhampton's blood...

Guest Brazilianbob

Given our home form against mid table/struggling sides we will be lucky to get three more points this season!  Away from home Blackpool have the indian sign on us, Villa will have a point to prove after hammering them earlier in the season, Chelsea, well what more can I say other than no points there, Man U at home is a zero, as will the scousers away (Carroll to send us down anyone?), West Brom and Birmingham at home will be fighting to avoid the drop too just like Wolves.  NUFC just don't do results when under pressure at the wrong end of the table.  At best we might get two or three draws but I am not at all confident we can stay up, it all depends on how well the other teams do as I think it will be taken out of our hands at some point soon if we can't get a win or two.

Given our home form against mid table/struggling sides we will be lucky to get three more points this season!  Away from home Blackpool have the indian sign on us, Villa will have a point to prove after hammering them earlier in the season, Chelsea, well what more can I say other than no points there, Man U at home is a zero, as will the scousers away (Carroll to send us down anyone?), West Brom and Birmingham at home will be fighting to avoid the drop too just like Wolves.  NUFC just don't do results when under pressure at the wrong end of the table.  At best we might get two or three draws but I am not at all confident we can stay up, it all depends on how well the other teams do as I think it will be taken out of our hands at some point soon if we can't get a win or two.

It's mathematically impossible for us to be relegated by the Liverpool away game. Therefore, Carroll will not be sending us down :D

Just looking at our fixtures. Blackpool away looks absolutely critical to me. Speaking at this point in time i.e. given what I think it will say about how our prior two games will have gone, if we lose that I think we're down. I'd be confident of it. Further to that, less than 4 points from the next 3 games and I think we're down.

We need to bay for fucking Wolverhampton's blood...

Two of them Tiote-less, no less. Eep. Can't imagine what squad morale must be like.....

We'll be in that all too familiar situation of following the games of others with more expectancy and hope than we follow our own methinks.

One small saving grace is that, for the meanwhile at least, our GD is still one extra point despite going negative on Saturday.

I suppose the good thing is that even with our rubbish form we're still 11th. By this time two years ago we were already 18th, two points adrift of safety and the pressure was on big time.