Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Downing and Ireland apparently part of the deal?!?

Did Ireland play for city start of the season (3 club rule).

Source?

Twitter.  Just rumours mind.

Guest johnson293

Rumours that the intiail 18 = 10 plus Ireland.

Result if so.

Fantastic... sell your (arguably) best striker and get a dodgy midfielder as part of the deal, because they clearly need another of those!!!

So, according to this thread it is the end of

Carew

Agbonlahor

Young

Heskey

Anyone else?

Sunderland

:lol:

fwiw If they stick with Gyan-Wellbeck(When he's back) up front until the end of the season i think they will do very well as a pairing.

problem is welbeck ain't theres and fergie rates him so what do they do after this season

Yeh, he is a talent and have no chance of keeping him but i think they'll see them over very well for the season whilst Bruce sorts out the midfield this window.

Should remember any players sunderland buy now they'll have to pay more for, as teams now know they have £££££££

They normally have to any way.

Sunderland is not an attractive proposition for someone with real options. They have to up the money to get the deal.

good deal for the mackems, he was never going to forge a partnership with gyan, he's not a very good footballer (in that if he doesn't score he does nowt). expect them to bid for n'zogbia straight away aswell as work on man utd to try and get wellbeck on a permanent.

good deal for the mackems, he was never going to forge a partnership with gyan, he's not a very good footballer (in that if he doesn't score he does nowt). expect them to bid for n'zogbia straight away aswell as work on man utd to try and get wellbeck on a permanent.

18m won't get both of them, and i doubt fergie would sell welbeck

if irelands a part of this the scum are stupider than i thought hes a fucking headcase

and no way would villa put downing in a part exchange

Agreed. Ireland, maybe. Downing, no chance.

Downing, along with Albrighton, has been our best player this season, so that won't be happening.

There are some good points on this thread about Bent not being able to play in a partnership with anyone, interesting stuff. To be quite honest, the "he only scores goals" thing is very pertinent too, as someone who just does that is precisely what we need right now

18m won't get both of them, and i doubt fergie would sell welbeck

18mill won't get both but i don't think thats all they are allowed to use. n'zogbia for 11 or 12 and the rest towards wellbeck, whhich i doubt would be too far short really. i don't think they's want to sell wellbeck but if they are made a decent offer they may well have a good look at it, fernandez is looking the bia right now.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Yes! Now bent is leaving I can finally laugh at every mackem I see with 'Bent 11' on their shirts. It's almost as good as the german shirts with 'Kuntz 11' on the back

Two things strike me about this deal.

Firstly, I am flabbergasted that Sunderland are prepared to sell, at any money, when you consider their league position and the fact it is January.

Secondly, something must be very seriously wrong for Bent up there if he's submitted a transfer request.

Two things strike me about this deal.

Firstly, I am flabbergasted that Sunderland are prepared to sell, at any money, when you consider their league position and the fact it is January.

Secondly, something must be very seriously wrong for Bent up there if he's submitted a transfer request.

twice too

then again who wouldn't want to leave, i mean having to look at bruces face every day can't be easy