John Carver

Guest neesy111

If we are a little bit objective here and remove our post match southampton bias, the bloke really does tick a lot of the boxes for NUFC:

-Knows the club inside out

-Big fan of Bobby's football

-Has been a "coach" for a long time

-Wants to play the game in his own manner (positive - going on his quotes), hopefully not setting up to defend and win in last 20!!!

-Is an Ashley sycophant

I'd still rather have him than Pardew but given the opportunity we have to make a really progressive appointment, it would be an enormous kick in the testies

Aye, I can strangely put up with him a bit more than Pardews punchable face but my fucking word I would cry if he got it. He talks about Souness regime as if he wouldn't totally ruin us in that way if he got the job.

Now we may all be totally wrong about him and he may well have a sound football philosophy and being at the club he loves will trigger it,  but I think we all know that's not going to be the case and he is just a rambling fuckpig who holds Pardew in the same regard as Bobby and Keegan probably.

2 managers that you believed when they spoke and results and performance showed how class they were 

If we are a little bit objective here and remove our post match southampton bias, the bloke really does tick a lot of the boxes for NUFC:

-Wants to play the game in his own manner (positive - going on his quotes), hopefully not setting up to defend and win in last 20!!!

-Is an Ashley sycophant

- Would probably nut a football player

- Would probably call a respected manager a cunt

- Doesn't care about buying players, happy to just tag along

- Is very adept at losing games and could keep this roller-coaster of shit going

Not going for him

- Will probably - no definitely relegate us by end of next season

In truth we don't know, he could be awesome and just respects differing approaches to the game and has been happy to fall into line and follow the bosses orders. It's a lot different than actually managing the team I would imagine

-Is an Ashley sycophant

Except for the coach part - you could also be describing the tea lady

-Is an Ashley sycophant

Except for the coach part - you could also be describing the tea lady

:lol:

True. And she's even cheaper.

-Is an Ashley sycophant

Can't even believe you put this to be honest

I'd still rather have him than Pardew but given the opportunity we have to make a really progressive appointment, it would be an enormous kick in the testies

Aye, I can strangely put up with him a bit more than Pardews punchable face but my f***ing word I would cry if he got it. He talks about Souness regime as if he wouldn't totally ruin us in that way if he got the job.

Now we may all be totally wrong about him and he may well have a sound football philosophy and being at the club he loves will trigger it,  but I think we all know that's not going to be the case and he is just a rambling fuckpig who holds Pardew in the same regard as Bobby and Keegan probably.

2 managers that you believed when they spoke and results and performance showed how class they were 

Fucking Souness man, the only appointment that was more ridiculous than Palace paying for Pardew, at least Pardew had us top 10 we PAID for a manager that was sat at the bottom of the table with a demoralised Blackburn ffs. Carver is a mistake, a big mistake and if your trying to rationalise an argument against that you need your head checked! We deserve better and should absolutely be aiming higher.

Aye, I can strangely put up with him a bit more than Pardews punchable face but my f***ing word I would cry if he got it. He talks about Souness regime as if he wouldn't totally ruin us in that way if he got the job.

f***ing Souness man, the only appointment that was more ridiculous than Palace paying for Pardew, at least Pardew had us top 10 we PAID for a manager that was sat at the bottom of the table with a demoralised Blackburn ffs. Carver is a mistake, a big mistake and if your trying to rationalise an argument against that you need your head checked! We deserve better and should absolutely be aiming higher.

Yeah, I'm really not trying to rationalise I reckon it would be catastrophic. When Souness was appointed I called it, sat with my mate I said he would put us back 10 years, it was worse than appointing Dogleash after Keegan.

Going from a forward thinking progressive manager to defensive boring shit was never going to work. We have the opportunity to do it the other way around again and I hope to fuck we choose well

-Is an Ashley sycophant

- so far above of his standing it's untrue so will never kick up a fuss

Still, at least they're not purposefully dragging this s**** out to deflect from not addressing the gaping holes in our s*** squad and to bring it closer and closer toward renewal time ey?

You would think we could see the future or something, at the same time would they really risk putting Carver in charge before it, knowing fans will just cancel. If they don't make any change it will play on peoples mind whether to cancel or not. My Dad is flat out refusing to go back until things change (And he has a season ticket), stopped going after Sunderland game.

Still, at least they're not purposefully dragging this shite out to deflect from not addressing the gaping holes in our shit squad and to bring it closer and closer toward renewal time ey?

Not really bothered at this stage, I wrote this season off before Christmas. As long as they get a proper manager in I'll take it. If Southampton do us tomorrow, they will find it next to impossible to give it to Carver.

Guest Roger Kint

If Carver is to talk to Charnley after the Southampton game, I think we all know what's coming.

They are getting straight on a flight after the game, its hardly surprising that there would be some sort of discussion beforehand tbh

Yup, it is worrying the amount of press they are giving him. I'm fully back to fear mode now

Are The Chronicle not banned any more?

Seems to me they're more likely to just be writing whatever guff comes to mind on a daily basis. I seriously doubt they have much (if any) actual knowledge about what's going on.

The ban was lifted in December (http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/newcastle-united-lifts-ban-local-press-telegraph-journalists-remain-barred). It's not far fetched at all to believe that they have been given a heads up that an announcement is imminent and to start spreading pro-Carver stuff imho. The Bishop knows exactly what he is doing.

I wasn't aware of this. This is even more worrying then. They are clearly avoiding the controversial issues, gone back into the support the regime mode. The lack of a article about their own poll showing 84% don't want him as manager is another sign, they've always been quick to back these types of polls up with an artice, not this time.

The one glimmer of hope is that the club could have told them to promote Carver as much as they can, to manage expectations, therefore anyone, literally anyone they bring in instead will be greeted with huge relief and excitement. I may be crediting the club with too much intelligence here.

f***ing Souness man, the only appointment that was more ridiculous than Palace paying for Pardew, at least Pardew had us top 10 we PAID for a manager that was sat at the bottom of the table with a demoralised Blackburn ffs. Carver is a mistake, a big mistake and if your trying to rationalise an argument against that you need your head checked! We deserve better and should absolutely be aiming higher.

Yeah, I'm really not trying to rationalise I reckon it would be catastrophic. When Souness was appointed I called it, sat with my mate I said he would put us back 10 years, it was worse than appointing Dogleash after Keegan.

Going from a forward thinking progressive manager to defensive boring s*** was never going to work. We have the opportunity to do it the other way around again and I hope to f*** we choose well

I wasn't suggesting you were rationalising it, it was a general observation that some were, like they're trying to kid themselves it's not the nightmare decision it actually is. It's that kind of thinking that got Pardew 4 years and keeps Ashley safe from all his mental decisions. I totally agree, we've been put in a great position to kick on and undo some of the shit that has preceded this moment and it feels like our grip is loosening. We're in danger of perpetuating the rot rather than putting an end to it.

Still, at least they're not purposefully dragging this shite out to deflect from not addressing the gaping holes in our shit squad and to bring it closer and closer toward renewal time ey?

:lol: Still got the same 3 centre halves we had in the Championship 5 years ago, and one of them is injured (as usual).