West Ham to get Olympic Stadium

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What makes people think that Spurs will get 60,000 every game? This '30 thousand' waiting list thing....Are you telling me all of them will buy one given the opportunity? No chance, they would be lucky to get half that figure to stump up the cash in the current climate. Plus I heard that the list was just some 'member club' thing which people join and then automatically get put on the waiting list without asking to be on it or something like that.

The 35000 on the waiting list pay £10 pa to be on the waiting list.

I agree with clubs not being allowed to move into another clubs territory, but two (or more) club cities and London should be an exception. West Ham moving to the Olympic stadium is like Newcastle shifting ground to Wallsend. If it was Spurs moving there then they have a case because Spurs would be moving across London, while West Ham are staying in their general area but just moving over the council border in order to upgrade.

Anyone considered giving Leyton Orient Upton Park in recompense? New manner, nice new ground... or they could just pocket the proceeds from knocking the bugger down like Gold & Bernstein are probably hoping to and invest it in securing their club against West Ham... might even become the bigger East End team and put the other buggers out of business... Nice thought :)

Guest EastEndGeordie

Why do all these teams have to move from their stadium, can't they just stay where they've been since they've been a football team?

I agree with clubs not being allowed to move into another clubs territory, but two (or more) club cities and London should be an exception. West Ham moving to the Olympic stadium is like Newcastle shifting ground to Wallsend. If it was Spurs moving there then they have a case because Spurs would be moving acrossLondon, while West Ham are staying in their general area but just moving over the council border in order to upgrade.

I guess the fact the West Ham are already right next to Leyton Orient is the argument they'll use to push the move through. If Leyton people want to go to Hammers' games they can presumably do so already very easily.

Does anyone know if there are planing issues preventing Upton Park's expansion? Is it just profit incentive driving the move?

It is pretty tight given the surrounding buildings but I believe they have previously been given planning permission to expand to 40,000.

They are only averaging just under 28,000 in a 35,000 capacity stadium as it is.

Why do all these teams have to move from their stadium, can't they just stay where they've been since they've been a football team?

Can't agree more, teams should have to stay where they started out.  West Ham don't move to Stratford, Spurs stay in Tottenham, Arsenal are relocated back to Woolwich ....................  :)

What makes people think that Spurs will get 60,000 every game? This '30 thousand' waiting list thing....Are you telling me all of them will buy one given the opportunity? No chance, they would be lucky to get half that figure to stump up the cash in the current climate. Plus I heard that the list was just some 'member club' thing which people join and then automatically get put on the waiting list without asking to be on it or something like that.

Source?

If i was the owner of a company whose demand was twice that of a possible supply, I'd up the prices of my product something incredible.

Source?

If i was the owner of a company whose demand was twice that of a possible supply, I'd up the prices of my product something incredible.

Source?  THFC Official Site.  Actually it's £10 for seniors, £15 for adults.  Please don't put ideas in Levy's head about jacking up the prices, we're already the second most expensive in the Premier League!!

Rather meant source for the 35k in the waiting list tbh.

Within the Bid Document for the Olympic Stadium Levy said there is a waiting list of over 35000.  Not going to bother to try and find the quotes but this is referred to in the BBC article produced when West Ham became the preferred bidders.  There are certainly some who said they would no longer support the club if they moved to Stratford but there are many more than that who were keen to go to the Olympic Stadium so they could get the Season Ticket they can't currently get.  Suppose it depends if you're a have or a have not.  I've got a season ticket and I'd prefer to stay in North London, but if Spurs had moved to Stratford there's no way I would have jacked in my ticket on a point of principle.  There would still be plenty willing to take my seat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9394545.stm

Guest Bateman

Does anyone know if there are planing issues preventing Upton Park's expansion? Is it just profit incentive driving the move?

It is pretty tight given the surrounding buildings but I believe they have previously been given planning permission to expand to 40,000.

They are only averaging just under 28,000 in a 35,000 capacity stadium as it is.

Sorry Greg westham averaging 33k in a 35k stadium playing some of the worst football i've ever seen

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5901

Also spurs 'waiting list' is just memberships that gives you preference to games, saw they where advertising them online to give you a chance to get a ticket for the Milan game.  Westham came out and said they had 17k waiting list was the same thing. pure propaganda.

Sorry Greg westham averaging 33k in a 35k stadium playing some of the worst football i've ever seen

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5901

Also spurs 'waiting list' is just memberships that gives you preference to games, saw they where advertising them online to give you a chance to get a ticket for the Milan game.  Westham came out and said they had 17k waiting list was the same thing. pure propaganda.

Hopelessly incorrect.

Lilywhite membership gives preference to tickets for league and cup games, home and away, a few other bits and pieces, and costs £23 pa for adults or £10 pa seniors payable by Direct Debit.  Bronze membership provides all the benefits of Lilywhite membership plus adding the member on to the Season Ticket waiting list.  Bronze membership costs £38 pa for adults and £20 pa payable by Direct Debit, a charge of £15 pa for adults and £10 pa for seniors to be added to the Season Ticket waiting list.  All prices go up by £5 if payment isn't made by Direct Debit.  It's all on the Official website but I can't provide a link as you have to enter the site to get a working link.

There's no disputing that people pay to be on the waiting list, the only point of possible contention would be whether Levy's declaration in the Bid Document that there were over 35000 on the waiting list.  I wouldn't expect Levy to lie in official documentation and there were over 28000 on the list when the new WHL proposals were first announced.  I have been told the list is just shy of 35200 but I can't verify that.

Spurs ST prices are quite expensive due to the fact they have a big waiting list.

Quite expensive? Extremely so I would say.  Mine cost £1175 and that's not the dearest.  The most expensive cost £1695 and we can expect a hike next season as the VAT increase gives Levy another excuse....................

Guest neesy111

Spurs ST prices are quite expensive due to the fact they have a big waiting list.

Quite expensive? Extremely so I would say.   Mine cost £1175 and that's not the dearest.  The most expensive cost £1695 and we can expect a hike next season as the VAT increase gives Levy another excuse....................

Didn't know they were that bad, knew you had some ridiculous prices though.  Tbf, those ST prices are seeing results on the pitch mind, if they weren't then I would guess more people would moan and Levy wouldn't get away with it.

Quite expensive? Extremely so I would say.  Mine cost £1175 and that's not the dearest.  The most expensive cost £1695 and we can expect a hike next season as the VAT increase gives Levy another excuse....................

Didn't know they were that bad, knew you had some ridiculous prices though.  Tbf, those ST prices are seeing results on the pitch mind, if they weren't then I would guess more people would moan and Levy wouldn't get away with it.

If we're paying top notch prices, we should get top notch performances, or at least the effort to try to achieve it.  Spurs fans have a reputation for being fickle but at those prices, or up to £78 for a CAT A game, it's easy to understand why some will gripe when things are not going well.  Personally, I won't slag the team off during a match but I will at the final whistle!  :lol:

So what is the price of an average season ticket at spurs then?

Still dont think that 35,000 people are suddenly going to fork out the money for a season ticket like. Like I say, half of them will if youre lucky. Also what happens if Spurs go shit again? The waiting list will soon evaporate.

We know all about waiting lists tbh.

Still dont think that 35,000 people are suddenly going to fork out the money for a season ticket like. Like I say, half of them will if youre lucky. Also what happens if Spurs go s*** again? The waiting list will soon evaporate.

The average price I would guess is around £900 for adults. Top is £1695 but the cheapest is £650.  The waiting list shot up when the first announcement for a new stadium was made, there were obviously going to be a lot of seats becoming available.  Until Spurs say we stay at WHL and there will be no new stadium, I don't see the waiting list evaporating, and I am convinced that there will be a new stadium somewhere.

I suppose whether the waiting list will drop off will depend on how much those waiting want a season ticket.  Must have wanted them enough to pay just to get on the list.

Still dont think that 35,000 people are suddenly going to fork out the money for a season ticket like. Like I say, half of them will if youre lucky. Also what happens if Spurs go s*** again? The waiting list will soon evaporate.

The average price I would guess is around £900 for adults. Top is £1695 but the cheapest is £650.  The waiting list shot up when the first announcement for a new stadium was made, there were obviously going to be a lot of seats becoming available.  Until Spurs say we stay at WHL and there will be no new stadium, I don't see the waiting list evaporating, and I am convinced that there will be a new stadium somewhere.

I suppose whether the waiting list will drop off will depend on how much those waiting want a season ticket.  Must have wanted them enough to pay just to get on the list.

Levy :clap: Sounds like the best scam ever, bring in half a million a year and just keep stringing the move out.

How long has this list been going?

Levy :clap: Sounds like the best scam ever, bring in half a million a year and just keep stringing the move out.

How long has this list been going?

Been going for ages. 

That said, Levy knows he would get more by having seats for those with their names on the list. 

Guest neesy111

A big waiting list yes, but a waiting list the same size as their average attendance?, I'll believe it when I see it.

Spurs are very well supported in London, probably have a bigger size support than Arsenal actually.