Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

I'm starting to think that those rumours that came out a few years ago about Andy Gray sleeping with Martin Tyler's daughter were true now. :lol: (The rumours came out after Sky stopped using the Gray/Tyler combination for their live games.)

Shame to be honest, always thought he made games sound more exciting than what they were.

FIFA 12 won't be the same.

Someone at EA is currently crying into their keyboard thinking of all the commentary that is going to need to be re-recorded.

Shame to be honest, always thought he made games sound more exciting than what they were.

Someone at EA is currently crying into their keyboard thinking of all the commentary that is going to need to be re-recorded.

Why? He's not sacked by EA. He's sacked by Sky Sports.

Why?  He can still be used...its not like its SKY FIFA 2012.

Can't believe people are surprised/annoyed really. I mean I expected the original thing to be swept under the carpet but once it was in the public domain and crucially other examples of sexist and/or misogynist behaviour from Gray were uncovered Sky were always going to have to act. His position was untenable.

Anyone who is employed needs to look in their company's equal opportunities/discrimination policy and they'll see exactly the same kind of thing this decision has been based on. Disciplinary procedures (including dismissal if necessary) are the order of the day. It doesn't matter a jot that this stuff happened off air, he was at work and that's all that matters. The bigger the company, the more robust the rules. For a company in the public eye 24/7 like Sky then it was ultimately a no-brainer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why?  He can still be used...its not like its SKY FIFA 2012.

Think he meant the before game sexist remarks.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Like i said before Motson is wasted at the BBC

mostons a wanker lol dont bring him in or my sky will be going

Guest neesy111

Can't believe people are surprised/annoyed really. I mean I expected the original thing to be swept under the carpet but once it was in the public domain and crucially other examples of sexist and/or misogynist behaviour from Gray were uncovered Sky were always going to have to act. His position was untenable.

Anyone who is employed needs to look in their company's equal opportunities/discrimination policy and they'll see exactly the same kind of thing this decision has been based on. Disciplinary procedures and eventually dismissal are the order of the day. It doesn't matter a jot that this stuff happened off air, he was at work and that's all that matters. The bigger the company, the more robust the rules. For a company in the public eye 24/7 like Sky then it was ultimately a no-brainer.

Spot on, I suspect Sky's HR department had nightmares about this.

Most of the Fifa commentary is taken from real games.

Most of the Fifa commentary is taken from real games.

EA might not fancy using him again, tarnished reputation and that...

Guest Stephen927

Just watched the video of him asking Charlotte Jackson to tuck a mic pack down his pants. Keys looks really uncomfortable.

Anyone who is employed needs to look in their company's equal opportunities/discrimination policy and they'll see exactly the same kind of thing this decision has been based on. Disciplinary procedures (including dismissal if necessary) are the order of the day. It doesn't matter a jot that this stuff happened off air, he was at work and that's all that matters. The bigger the company, the more robust the rules. For a company in the public eye 24/7 like Sky then it was ultimately a no-brainer.

Not surprised by the decision but disappointed that Keys hasn't gone with him. Highlights the real reasons behind the sacking.