Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

Is the natural progression to this that we get a female pundit to replace Andy Gray; perhaps Deliah Smith though would she be done for wanting to "have" everybody?

At some point in the future we will have a self imposed state style television where opinions and any potentially "offensive" statement can not be said. Sky have set a standard which will have other presenters watching their every word. I find the whole thing a bit mad.

Are you employed?

Just watching all the stuff on ITV, it really is pathetic like.

No doubt all the fans will be singing about that wifey running the line wherever she goes now, and singing "Get your tits out for the lads", etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, honkey, wog, puff, dyke, whatever, does it really f***ing matter? If everyone used these words they wouldn't be offensive. Before you gan on about connotations, f*** them, in this case it's just petty...

BUT IT'S FUNNY AS OWT!....bye bye Andy.

Sian Massey's withdrawn from the game she was meant to be officiating in tonight, feel very sorry for her in all this fuss.

Probably the right thing to do though, in the circumstances.

Today at work I pulled my shirt out the front of my trousers then asked a female colleagues to help me tuck it in again (while I laughed). Doesn't everyone do this? PS I work on the set of a 'Carry On' film in the 1970s.

:lol:

Gray forgot that he was at work and not out on a training field with the players.  When at work he has an obligation to his employeers to behave in a professional manner that reflects the values of the employer.

Although he works worked in football, he is a broadcaster not a football player and his employer has different standards for that position than a football club has with its players.

Just watching all the stuff on ITV, it really is pathetic like.

No doubt all the fans will be singing about that wifey running the line wherever she goes now, and singing "Get your tits out for the lads", etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, honkey, wog, puff, dyke, whatever, does it really f***ing matter? If everyone used these words they wouldn't be offensive. Before you gan on about connotations, f*** them, in this case it's just petty...

BUT IT'S FUNNY AS OWT!....bye bye Andy.

You really are a COCK   hope you dont take offence idiot    O0

Is the natural progression to this that we get a female pundit to replace Andy Gray; perhaps Deliah Smith though would she be done for wanting to "have" everybody?

At some point in the future we will have a self imposed state style television where opinions and any potentially "offensive" statement can not be said. Sky have set a standard which will have other presenters watching their every word. I find the whole thing a bit mad.

Are you employed?

Was Jim Davidson's joke writer but times change. The point I was intending to get across is that AG and RK are like a couple of school kids with playground humour. I'll bet there are numerous other bits of footage with them being equally stupid. Doesn't make it right but for whatever reason they've been hung out to dry by Sky - why now? Do you think Sky will replace AG with a female pundit even if they proved themselves the best person for the job?

There's a lot of pages here that I just couldn't be bothered to read through tbh. Has anyone mentioned the Sun's take on it? Why the absolutely pointless picture of her dolled up at a party as the main front page picture? :lol: She did look good though!

And is anyone able to sum up why Gray didn't get away with it but Keys did? Because Keys is such a mainstay so they're making Gray the scapegoat?

There's a lot of pages here that I just couldn't be bothered to read through tbh. Has anyone mentioned the Sun's take on it? Why the absolutely pointless picture of her dolled up at a party as the main front page picture? :lol: She did look good though!

And is anyone able to sum up why Gray didn't get away with it but Keys did? Because Keys is such a mainstay so they're making Gray the scapegoat?

Gray was on his final warning, Keys wasn't.

Presumably so they could use the "Get 'em off!" headline.

Sacked for the Charlotte Jackson comment that he made in December that "just came to light"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8281445/Andy-Gray-sacked-by-Sky-Sports-following-unacceptable-behaviour-towards-Charlotte-Jackson.html

Are you employed?

Was Jim Davidson's joke writer but times change. The point I was intending to get across is that AG and RK are like a couple of school kids with playground humour. I'll bet there are numerous other bits of footage with them being equally stupid. Doesn't make it right but for whatever reason they've been hung out to dry by Sky - why now? Do you think Sky will replace AG with a female pundit even if they proved themselves the best person for the job?

Gray was suing the News of the World for tapping his phone. Perhaps Murdoch thought it was about time he taught Gray a lesson.