Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

It wasn't even as if it was just a jokey conversation, they sounded almost angry.

Completely :sadnod:

This is what I find the funniest about it.  On reading the transcript I was thinking we all make tongue in cheek comments like that, but listening to them, they almost sound livid. :lol:

Nowt against Andy Gray, been good down the years if a little tiring now, but Keys was a pain in the arse long before this. 

Also, I don't think they should be sacked.  Far too much of that goes on these days with TV personalities.

Tbh I should be shocked by some of the posts on here but I'm not. The lads who think they are being hilariously funny by making pathetic comments which weren't funny back in the 1970's are just showing themselves to be narrow minded misogynists. It's not right that Keys and Grey made these comments, even with the mics turned off. They are at work and should act in a professional way. It's not PC gone mad, it's two idiots on tv showing themselves up!

They show themselves up every week anyway.

Who? The narrow minded misogynists on here?

You're shit at spotting sarcasm. It's because you're a woman anarl.

Sarcasm or not, it's not on. Do you make sarcastic comments regarding race?

All the fucking time. :thup:

Tbh I should be shocked by some of the posts on here but I'm not. The lads who think they are being hilariously funny by making pathetic comments which weren't funny back in the 1970's are just showing themselves to be narrow minded misogynists. It's not right that Keys and Grey made these comments, even with the mics turned off. They are at work and should act in a professional way. It's not PC gone mad, it's two idiots on tv showing themselves up!

You're shit at spotting sarcasm. It's because you're a woman anarl.

All the fucking time. :thup:

So do I. ;)

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74107.msg2761069.html#msg2761069

Guest Geordiesned

I didn't think this was funny until I saw how much it's been winding up lasses. :lol:

Apparently I was being "sexist" at work for saying that I didn't think a woman would ever referee a Premier League match. My reasoning was that no woman would be able to keep up with play at that level. Some of the male referees struggle as it is.

A wifey was arguing that they would and seemed to think that men and women can run as fast as each other. When pushed on this clearly ludicrous point it transpires that she actually thinks the mens and womens 100 metre World records are the same!!

WOMAN... Know your limits! :D

It's not funny though. That's the point.

What is'nt funny? Two blokes saying a textbook line about women & football. Your right its not spine tingly funny but it is hardly worth getting in a tiz about it. I have read K.Brady diary in The Sun a few times & she trots out stereotypical stuff about men in boardrooms, men in football (very rarely names these people though) but guess what I don't give a shit about that either as it is good copy for the 2mins it takes to read her article. 

I mean really is a serial womaniser like Gray a sexist? He fucking loves them. Is Keysie who is married & has a fit daughter really anti-women? I think not.

Can they come across like smug cunts? Aye.

It wasn't even as if it was just a jokey conversation, they sounded almost angry.

Completely :sadnod:

This is what I find the funniest about it.  On reading the transcript I was thinking we all make tongue in cheek comments like that

OH MY GOD!!! BLUF IS ONE OF THEM!!! Report to moderator!!! Report to moderator!!!! Contact OFCOM!!! PM DAVE!!!! PM ANDY!!!!PM MIDDS!!! PM 80!!!! CONTACT THE PRESS!!!! QUICK LETS GET THIS SCUMBAG OUT OF HERE PRONTO!!!!!

For what it's actually worth, I don't think women should officiate games on the male side.  It's the beginning of blurring the lines that will inevitably lead to mixed-sex football.

That, however, is another thread entirely...

It was a couple of blokes having a private conversation acting like school boys. I can't believe that they genuinely believed what they were saying and were simply playing a pair of fools.

If the pair of them had witnessed the fuck wits we've had running the line this year then a one legged, one eyed, colour blind, Greenham Common lesbian would be welcome. That skinny little twat we had on Saturday didn't have a fucking clue.

What is'nt funny? Two blokes saying a textbook line about women & football. Your right its not spine tingly funny but it is hardly worth getting in a tiz about it. I have read K.Brady diary in The Sun a few times & she trots out stereotypical stuff about men in boardrooms, men in football (very rarely names these people though) but guess what I don't give a shit about that either as it is good copy for the 2mins it takes to read her article. 

I mean really is a serial womaniser like Gray a sexist? He fucking loves them. Is Keysie who is married & has a fit daughter really anti-women? I think not.

If "Keysie" (Cuntsie more like it) had a daughter who wasn't fit would that make him anti-women?

Fact is, if any of us said the sort of thing they said at work we'd at the very least be getting a bollocking.

I didn't think this was funny until I saw how much it's been winding up lasses. :lol:

Apparently I was being "sexist" at work for saying that I didn't think a woman would ever referee a Premier League match. My reasoning was that no woman would be able to keep up with play at that level. Some of the male referees struggle as it is.

A wifey was arguing that they would and seemed to think that men and women can run as fast as each other. When pushed on this clearly ludicrous point it transpires that she actually thinks the mens and womens 100 metre World records are the same!!

WOMAN... Know your limits! :D

Which is why all our referees are as fast as Usain Bolt!  Referees rarely sprint flat out, most of the time they just jog and use a fast transition into the next area of play

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4215/carrollhihi.jpg

(Appologies for the barstool in the photo)

Guest toonlass

It was a couple of blokes having a private conversation acting like school boys. I can't believe that they genuinely believed what they were saying and were simply playing a pair of fools.

If the pair of them had witnessed the fuck wits we've had running the line this year then a one legged, one eyed, colour blind, Greenham Common lesbian would be welcome. That skinny little twat we had on Saturday didn't have a fucking clue.

It's not a private conversation though. They had mic's on, their conversation went through to the gallery where other people can hear it. These two know that. They have worked in TV long enough. They hardly sounded like they were joking either, there was no laughing, they sounded quite venomous. You cannot say that someone cannot do the job because of their sex, it's wrong! They didn't base their assessment of how she would do on anything other than the fact she was a woman. If they are men, they should face their punishment like men!

If "Keysie" (Cuntsie more like it) had a daughter who wasn't fit would that make him anti-women?

Fact is, if any of us said the sort of thing they said at work we'd at the very least be getting a bollocking.

:lol:

Fuck off, we would.  Some of the shit I have to put up with from my own seniors which amounts to nothing more than pure racial hatred goes unchecked.  Never mind bloody sexism.

I think we're all completely missing the point.

Andy Gray wasn't replaced by Allardyce. Gray doesn't commentate on MNF and Allardyce said yesterday that he was commentating on this game.

God. :razz:

It's not a private conversation though. They had mic's on, their conversation went through to the gallery where other people can hear it. These two know that. They have worked in TV long enough. They hardly sounded like they were joking either, there was no laughing, they sounded quite venomous. You cannot say that someone cannot do the job because of their sex, it's wrong! They didn't base their assessment of how she would do on anything other than the fact she was a woman. If they are men, they should face their punishment like men!

Do you have a job in the media where you work with a microphone pinned on to your clothes at times? :nope:

It's still possible they thought the mics were off when they said what they did. :dontknow:

To err is human, and all that...

What is'nt funny? Two blokes saying a textbook line about women & football. Your right its not spine tingly funny but it is hardly worth getting in a tiz about it. I have read K.Brady diary in The Sun a few times & she trots out stereotypical stuff about men in boardrooms, men in football (very rarely names these people though) but guess what I don't give a s*** about that either as it is good copy for the 2mins it takes to read her article. 

I mean really is a serial womaniser like Gray a sexist? He f***ing loves them. Is Keysie who is married & has a fit daughter really anti-women? I think not.

Can they come across like smug c***s? Aye.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Have you seen her? He definitely needs bonus points for bringing that into the world.

Fuck off, we would.  Some of the shit I have to put up with from my own seniors which amounts to nothing more than pure racial hatred goes unchecked.  Never mind bloody sexism.

Depends where you work I suppose.

Never mind that, I want to know how Richard Keys having a "Fit" daughter (I wonder if she's inherited her dads hair gene) makes him less sexist.

I think we're all completely missing the point.

Andy Gray wasn't replaced by Allardyce. Gray doesn't commentate on MNF and Allardyce said yesterday that he was commentating on this game.

God. :razz:

ok grey was replaced by redknapp which is worse!

Guest Tall Striker

You're s*** at spotting sarcasm. It's because you're a woman anarl.

Just when i've ran out of jokes about women :thup:

Depends where you work I suppose.

Never mind that, I want to know how Richard Keys having a "Fit" daughter (I wonder if she's inherited her dads hair gene) makes him less sexist.

Fair enough.  I would agree with you, a completely irrelevant point to make by Thespence.

Guest Tall Striker

Women are'nt funny, though. It's a fact that transcends sexism.

Was having this deiscussion the other day. What is it about women that makes their banter so unbelievably shit? Wish they, as a sex, would just pipe doon.

Guest Tall Striker

Women are'nt funny, though. It's a fact that transcends sexism.

(I'm laughing at the misplaced apostrophe, not your supposed witticism, by the way...)

I bet the women in your avatar don't know the offside law :thup: